Bulls Series With UCF Likely Over

USFan

Would UCF accept an unbalanced series in USF's favor?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,633
  • Days Won:  255

Perhaps a desire for them to go away?

But it's no good if that good old fasioned hate is just coming from one side. UCF hasn't done anything to generate good old fasioned hate from this side...

Doesn't matter, there is SOMETHING there. You might not feel it, but I'd say a good part of our fanbase does. The fact that guys (even you Trip) post consistently in the Dumbgeon shows there is SOMETHING there.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

3) And it won't be unbalanced.  I don't see UAB or USM or ECU signing a 2 for 1 with USF, why should UCF.  Sure, we are BCS and they aren't... but they also aren't Sun Belt.  Expect a couple of 1 and 1 series in the next 10-12 years.

By the same token I believe UCF's series with Pitt is a 2 for 1, so it goes both ways.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Not to mention 2-1's with other non-bcs teams get as an even closer game than Orlando, as they give us an extra home game.

Puc, the 2 for 1 games will happen, but they will be with teams like FIU, FAU, and WKU. Programs who are provisional D-IA teams and are looking to increase attendance for home games anyway they can.

We will probably not be getting a 2 for 1 with most teams from C-USA or the MAC merely because most their top programs have been able to sign 1 and 1s with similar or better BCS programs recently.

Miami (OH) - Syracuse

La Tech - Clemson

ECU - WVU, 6 year series with Va Tech, NC State, North Carolina

Just some examples.

• Content Count:  19,633
  • Days Won:  255

Works for me and if we ever run out of other teams we would prefer to play (for whatever reason) it is not like UCF will not still be there begging us to let them save our football team from guaranteed demise by letting us become their rival. ::)

Not to mention 2-1's with other non-bcs teams get as an even closer game than Orlando, as they give us an extra home game.

Puc, the 2 for 1 games will happen, but they will be with teams like FIU, FAU, and WKU. Programs who are provisional D-IA teams and are looking to increase attendance for home games anyway they can.

We will probably not be getting a 2 for 1 with most teams from C-USA or the MAC merely because most their top programs have been able to sign 1 and 1s with similar or better BCS programs recently.

Miami (OH) - Syracuse

La Tech - Clemson

ECU - WVU, 6 year series with Va Tech, NC State, North Carolina

Just some examples.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Yeah...USF doesn't "need' UCF...LOL!!! ::)

You're right, USF doesn't need UCF. Funny how you didn't put the attendance for the game in Orlando from last season (I guess I wouldn't blame you since the disparity among the announced and actual attendance was more than twice as many than was announced from the game in Tampa in 2005). USF was your biggest crowd by a wide margin and that would be the case when we play there in 2008.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

By the same token I believe UCF's series with Pitt is a 2 for 1, so it goes both ways.

Since the 12th game has been added BCS schools have had trouble getting the nonBCS schools to do these types of agreements because they have more leverage and more teams coming after them with offers and higher money.

Your going to see a lot more bigger schools going into smaller schools because of this with 1 and 1s. i.e. - Clemson to La Tech, Colorado to Miami (OH), Oklahoma State to Troy.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Since the 12th game has been added BCS schools have had trouble getting the nonBCS schools to do these types of agreements because they have more leverage and more teams coming after them with offers and higher money.

Your going to see a lot more bigger schools going into smaller schools because of this with 1 and 1s. i.e. - Clemson to La Tech, Colorado to Miami (OH), Oklahoma State to Troy.

However, once everyone has stacked their schedules with 12th games, it will be back to the way it used to be.  Think of it from a market perspective, right now the non-BCS teams have better contractual power because of the addition of the twelfth game, but that is a temporary change in demand.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I like how the article is written in a way that makes this sound like a bad thing. But to be fair, it would involve explaining the USF scheduling philosophy and how there is nothing to be gained on the Bulls' part by continuing this game. Probably too much work for a reporter.

And I'm sure we can look forward to another one of Martin Fennelly's ignorant drive-by columns on this topic soon.  >:(

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

USF UCF is a rivalry any way you cut it...

With a true rivalry, diehard fans aren't split, or ambivalent, on whether it is one or not ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

But it's no good if that good old fasioned hate is just coming from one side. UCF hasn't done anything to generate good old fasioned hate from this side...

Doesn't matter, there is SOMETHING there. You might not feel it, but I'd say a good part of our fanbase does. The fact that guys (even you Trip) post consistently in the Dumbgeon shows there is SOMETHING there.

Posting in the Dumbgeon, like other boards in here, is fun and keeps the creative juices flowing.... not sure what the SOMETHING you're refering to is ..... probably annoyance .... or pity.  ;)

Archived