Bulls Series With UCF Likely Over

USFan

Would UCF accept an unbalanced series in USF's favor?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

this is the [glow=green,2,300]only game alot of casual bulls fans want to see[/glow], from talking to many of them on campus...

This is a pretty sad commentary on our student casual fan base... Hopefully, they'll wise up as we mature as a program.

every year it increases our fan base and creates an ACTUAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL ATMOSPHERE.

Where have you been? It's impossible to have an ACTUAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL ATMOSPHERE anywhere but in an OCS...

There is no shame in playing a rivalry game with a team from a lesser conference as long as there is some good old fasioned hate involved.

But it's no good if that good old fasioned hate is just coming from one side. UCF hasn't done anything to generate good old fasioned hate from this side...

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Bye.  Won't miss ya!

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

this is the only game alot of casual bulls fans want to see, from talking to many of them on campus...every year it increases our fan base and creates an ACTUAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL ATMOSPHERE. There is no shame in playing a rivalry game with a team from a lesser conference as long as there is some good old fasioned hate involved. Who else would we replace this game with, a MAC team...another C-DOA squad (yawn, boring)...what is the point in doing that

Yawn, boring.  Thanks for talking to your buddies and then generalizing the entire USF fan base off your buddies' opinions. ::)

• Content Count:  19,630
  • Days Won:  255

I just looked up the old posts from the 2005 season and just as I remembered there may have been more fans there for the UCF game but there was only a fraction of the passion that was present for the Louisville game.

• Content Count:  385

Here's what I know

-When the UCF riveraly comes up thread start being over 4 pages long

-For the most part USF fans hate UCF fans and vice versa.

-There has been two years of smack talk between the schools that has not calmed down even though we have beaten them twice.

-My soul smiles when I see that picture of the UCF sack E.T. had up earlier in the thread

-Rivarlys are not made they are born

-Most of want better than UCF as a rivarly

-UM's fanbase sucks, it would take forever to get some real hate between us, even if we beat them. (someone else mentioned that they would pass it off as a weak year.)

-Most students who go to USF think about going to UCF and then realizes that it sucks to live in Disney land, so there is always a resentment

-When there was a buzz on campus about a game it was the UCF game.

I'm not saying I like it, but it is there

I think it is silly to pander to the casual fan because in the end they will let you down. I can assure you that no one that went to the game only because we were playing UCF was struck by any type of excitement or conviction to become a stronger Bulls' fan because for the most part the game was boring and the fans were sitting on their hands.  Even if the numbers were not there I can assure you there were more Bulls' fans born at our next home game than there were at the UCF game and I think people who look to the money made by a few extra traveling fans from UCF are sacrificing our long term goals for minimal short term gains.

• Content Count:  1,803

USF UCF is a rivalry any way you cut it...it is possible for some to not like it or pretend like it is not there, but the fan attention this game gets from both sides speaks for itself. Being at the UCF USF game last year was amazing...it felt like college football is supposed to be, both sections were screaming their collective lungs out trying to out cheer the other side, I even heard a few new chants made up at that game. This game is crushing to the team that loses it no matter what their record is that year, and with all of the smack talk between here and the rivals board...oh yeah there is hate flowing both ways.

And we don't know for sure regarding if we are replacing UCF with non-BCS, hopefully DW will surprise us. Do hope that our "Scheduling Forumla" gets tweaked starting in 2009. Replacing 1AA with a non-BCS or a non-BCS with BCS. I don't think it totally depends on USF, need to have other schools agree.

A couple of things, ET.

First, Coach Leavitt has said that as long as he is coach of USF and the NCAA allows wins over I-AA teams to count toward bowl eligibility every year, USF will play a I-AA team EVERY year.  With 5 OOC games, I can not think of ANY reason why we would not take a guaranteed home game and a virtually guaranteed win.

Second, since UCF is a non-BCS, it will be replaced with a non-BCS team under the current scheduling philosophy from Woolard and Leavitt: two BCS games each year (1 home, 1 away), two non-BCS games each year (1 home and 1 away OR - if possible - 2 home), and one I-AA game each year (home).

We play 9 BCS games every year under this scenario - not sure we would really want to play a 10th BCS team...

And I think their vision for USF football has been pretty strong, if they believed playing UCF every year was in our best interest then we would be playing this game as an annual series.  For whatever reason they seem to think it is not and I am inclined to yield to them.

And we don't know for sure regarding if we are replacing UCF with non-BCS, hopefully DW will surprise us. Do hope that our "Scheduling Forumla" gets tweaked starting in 2009. Replacing 1AA with a non-BCS or a non-BCS with BCS. I don't think it totally depends on USF, need to have other schools agree.

A couple of things, ET.

First, Coach Leavitt has said that as long as he is coach of USF and the NCAA allows wins over I-AA teams to count toward bowl eligibility every year, USF will play a I-AA team EVERY year.  With 5 OOC games, I can not think of ANY reason why we would not take a guaranteed home game and a virtually guaranteed win.

Second, since UCF is a non-BCS, it will be replaced with a non-BCS team under the current scheduling philosophy from Woolard and Leavitt: two BCS games each year (1 home, 1 away), two non-BCS games each year (1 home and 1 away OR - if possible - 2 home), and one I-AA game each year (home).

We play 9 BCS games every year under this scenario - not sure we would really want to play a 10th BCS team...

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Our fans need to grow up and realize that the way things are right now, USF is on a higher plane than UCF and there's no benefit to playing them other than selling a few thousand extra tickets. Actually, I would wager that the UCF game is the THIRD-best attended home game this year, after UL and West Virginia. If your team is good enough, people will come to see it and it doesn't matter that much who you play.

And USF shouldn't feel like they have to play them because they're close by. Does Miami play FIU and FAU every year? Does Florida State play FAMU every year? I mean, they're right down the street from each other!

Archived