Bulls Series With UCF Likely Over

USFan

Would UCF accept an unbalanced series in USF's favor?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

Admin note to all:  Please keep the discussion on topic and do not turn this into a smack thread so that it ends up in the Dumbgeon.  Moderators, please delete smack instead of moving entire thread.  We need to be able to have a USF-UCF thread without it meeting the typical demise. 

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  6,770
  • Days Won:  19

I have talked a ton of smack to many opposing fans over the last eight years... Only the UCF fans had the balls to turn the smack talk into a brawl... With that logic, I say play the game. The hatred of the schools is there. We will not win every game in the series over the course of the next 100 years... but what team (besides UF) gets more people fired up and talking about their unconditional love for their university. I say we continue to pillage their football program and then we sleep with their women afterwards!

45,000+ fans can't be wrong twice... right... and there is nothing better than gloating for a year about how we bitched slapped UCF again...

• Content Count:  119
  • Days Won:  0

This is the BEST news I ever read on this site! I don't like to play UCF because I don't see how it benefits our team. UCF treats it as their "bowl game", and we treat it like every other game. If they want a rivalry, then they should know what makes a rival. I like how we are handling the matter: we want Division 1 A BCS teams because that helps us in the polls/standings, and makes our schedule attractive to other teams, and RECRUITS!

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This is the BEST news I ever read on this site! I don't like to play UCF because I don't see how it benefits our team. UCF treats it as their "bowl game", and we treat it like every other game. If they want a rivalry, then they should know what makes a rival. I like how we are handling the matter: we want Division 1 A BCS teams because that helps us in the polls/standings, and makes our schedule attractive to other teams, and RECRUITS!

1) We do not treat the UCF game like any other game...Maybe you, but the majority of the fan base dosen't.

2) Under the current scheduling plan 2-2-1 (BCS- nonBCS - DI-AA) UCF will be replaced by nonBCS. It could change, but moving the UF game in 2011 so we can fit Miami and Indiana leads me to believe that Wollard and Leavit will stick by this model.

Sheriff you make a good point, but I'll reserve judgment on the amount of interest that is at this year's game.

• Content Count:  687

I have talked a ton of smack to many opposing fans over the last eight years... Only the UCF fans had the balls to turn the smack talk into a brawl... With that logic, I say play the game. The hatred of the schools is there. We will not win every game in the series over the course of the next 100 years... but what team (besides UF) gets more people fired up and talking about their unconditional love for their university. I say we continue to pillage their football program and then we sleep with their women afterwards!

45,000+ fans can't be wrong twice... right... and there is nothing better than gloating for a year about how we bitched slapped UCF again...

Well, I guess we are two of the few who would rather play this game. 

• Content Count:  1,803

this is the only game alot of casual bulls fans want to see, from talking to many of them on campus...every year it increases our fan base and creates an ACTUAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL ATMOSPHERE. There is no shame in playing a rivalry game with a team from a lesser conference as long as there is some good old fasioned hate involved. Who else would we replace this game with, a MAC team...another C-DOA squad (yawn, boring)...what is the point in doing that

I don't think we'll really know how much fans actually want this game until we see who we have in 2009 and future schedules.

I've said many times that I like this game, mainly because it allows me to watch my Beloved BULLS at an easy travel Away game.

Also, the same reason I would rather play 1 game at Home vs a 1AA than 1 away game at a "name" school.

• Content Count:  849

Any news on our OOC schedule for 2011...I only see Miami.

Also are there any updates on our possible series with Oklahoma

I'm just hoping that we hear something before the season ... would love to have more future seasons full. many schools do not even have 2008 filled, L'ville has 2 openings. Much better than what we use to deal with. Openings after our Spring Game.

Knowing we have ESPN "on our side" has to help also.

• Content Count:  3,574

Reality. Get Some.

Hey, that's my line!  I knew I should have copyrighted it... ;D

I'm guilty... I know ;)

Archived