Bulls Series With UCF Likely Over

USFan

Would UCF accept an unbalanced series in USF's favor?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  38,282
  • Days Won:  29

Joe,

But we're talking about 1 game every other year. It's money, but not like a crasy amount.

And I'll remind everyone that I do not have a problem having this game.

I like ET but his views on USF are far from reality

sMAZZA can't help the way he is and I suffer from the same illness  :P

I only think regarding USF football the same way our coaches and players think. I just have the opportunity to express my self to the football world. I expect to WIN every game.

For reality sakes, we can wait until after each game to discuss it also  ;D All the other talk is pure speculation  ;)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  86
  • Days Won:  0

USF's best chance at a rivalry was TCU.  Two prominent home winning streaks were snapped in consecutive years, and every Bull fan I've talked to in Brevard County always brings the TCU series up as "the series that should of continued". 

To say UCF is to us as USF is to Miami, is "almost" very true.  Miami, at the very least, can put up with us on their schedule, because we are a BCS team, aren't very far away from them, and by the time the series starts will have a solid media spotlight on us.  UCF is sitting in a non-BCS schedule, and we have already beaten them twice...whereas Miami has yet to travel to Tampa.

This leads me back to my opinion of- if USF wants to put the talk about UCF behind them, they NEED to be competitive against Auburn. If Auburn blows USF out, USF goes back to being confused with UCF and any attention USF has gathered goes back to minimal at best.

• Content Count:  3,574

With all the recent articles about USF and USF Athletics going broke (i.e. budget cuts, lowest coaching payrolls in the BCS, etc...), guess Leavitt wants to continue to LOSE $$$$ from home games vs I-AA and teams like FIU.

Here's a refresher course on how many folks showed up to your games last year...during USF's Bowl Winning season:

FIU: 21,960 

McNeese St.  20,930 

Yeah...USF doesn't "need' UCF...LOL!!! ::)

Athletics going broke?  Where do you get this stuff?

Our budget has gone from low $20M to almost mid $30M in 2 years.  We can't just go from low $20M to $60M in one year.  The BCS money is helping the cause.  Our coaching salaries have gone up.  It's a process, not magic.

And for the academic cuts... have you read the news about all the schools cutting back, including UCF?  Why do you think the state passed the bill to help the Top 3 schools?  The state can't afford to give more funding to all 11 public schools.  So what do they do?  They decided to help the Top 3 schools.

Reality. Get Some.

• Content Count:  3,574

And this is/would be a game only every other year. Money should not be a main reason to have this game.

We have a winner!

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Reality. Get Some.

Hey, that's my line!  I knew I should have copyrighted it... ;D

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,349
  • Days Won:  490

Admin note to all:  Please keep the discussion on topic and do not turn this into a smack thread so that it ends up in the Dumbgeon.  Moderators, please delete smack instead of moving entire thread.  We need to be able to have a USF-UCF thread without it meeting the typical demise. 

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

To say UCF is to us as USF is to Miami, is "almost" very true.  Miami, at the very least, can put up with us on their schedule, because we are a BCS team, aren't very far away from them, and by the time the series starts will have a solid media spotlight on us.   UCF is sitting in a non-BCS schedule, and we have already beaten them twice...whereas Miami has yet to travel to Tampa.

Two things:

1) From the Miami board I visited, most are pretty pissed off about the game. Yes we're BCS, but lets get this straight. There is a reason why you don't hear Miami, Florida, and FSU running around saying "We're BCS" They in themselves are three of the top programs in college football the last 30 years, you really think that when they added USF to the schedule they were thinking "They're a BCS team" or "Oh, F*&^, why are we scheduling a team like USF when we could schedule any team we want"

2) This is my holdup on cancelling the series. We're replacing UCF with non-BCS games, and chances are, they will be 1 and 1s, not these 2 and 1s. The reason schools like FAU and FIU give us 2 for 1s is because they are hanging on to dear life to stay Division I-A; they don't have anything for leverage. We cannot afford to outbid the large programs to play those teams on a one shot game in Tampa. Our best bargaining chip is that we will go play in their stadiums in return for 2 games in Tampa and we get a cheaper payout to these schools.

There are other programs that will take 2 for 1s with USF. WKU is a deal that is almost done as a 2 for 1 from what I've heard. Again though, provisional D-IA starting in 2009. However, if you think decent nonBCS teams like So Miss, Memphis, Miami (OH), La Tech, and ECU are gonna sign 2 for 1s with USF when they have recently signed 1 and 1 deals with similar or better program then your mistaken.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,282
  • Days Won:  29

This leads me back to my opinion of- if USF wants to put the talk about UCF behind them, they NEED to be competitive against Auburn. If Auburn blows USF out, USF goes back to being confused with UCF and any attention USF has gathered goes back to minimal at best.

So very true ! But would go as far as saying WIN ... and have a great season with a Bowl Victory. UCF had a 'bama victory and did nothing in the long term. USF has been presented with a great Spring Board from the media this offseason. Our performance against Auburn will do so much, but it will take the entire season to make serious waves. We've had 2 Big wins the past 2 seasons, but have been inconsistant on a whole.

2007 NEEDS to be that breakout season.

And keeping this on the topic, a UCF game would not hurt us in any way.

Joe,

Agree that it is VERY unlikely to get a 2 for 1 deal outside of 1AA. The reason I put the poll is that it seems that USF does not want to have this game.

And we don't know for sure regarding if we are replacing UCF with non-BCS, hopefully DW will surprise us. Do hope that our "Scheduling Forumla" gets tweaked starting in 2009. Replacing 1AA with a non-BCS or a non-BCS with BCS. I don't think it totally depends on USF, need to have other schools agree.

Aug. 30            TENNESSEE-MARTIN

Sept. 6            at UCF

Sept. 13          KANSAS

Sept. 20          at Florida International

Sept. 27          at NC State

Sept. 5            WOFFORD

Sept. 19          FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL

Sept. 26          MIAMI

Oct. 9              at Indiana

Sept. 4            SAMFORD

Sept. 11          at Florida

Oct. 2              FLORIDA ATLANTIC

Nov.                at Miami

Nov.                MIAMI

Sept. 8            MICHIGAN STATE

Sept. 15          at Miami

Sept. 7            at Michigan State

Sept. 14          FLORIDA ATLANTIC

Nov.                MIAMI

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  3,103

i just wanted to add something about athletic programs and money, there are only a few athletic programs in the country that make any money off college football or everything.  only a few schools have made money, so to talk about USF barely having any money, thats not a big deal when most of the schools in the country do not make money on athletics and rather lose money.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

With all the recent articles about USF and USF Athletics going broke (i.e. budget cuts, lowest coaching payrolls in the BCS, etc...), guess Leavitt wants to continue to LOSE $$$$ from home games vs I-AA and teams like FIU.

Here's a refresher course on how many folks showed up to your games last year...during USF's Bowl Winning season:

FIU: 21,960 

McNeese St.  20,930 

Yeah...USF doesn't "need' UCF...LOL!!! ::)

We didn't "need" UCF to get where we are now, as a program, and we certainly don't "need" them to advance us as a program in the future. That's the only "need" that is relevant .... I realize that attendance, stadiums, etc, are important to the Kanigits because they haven't accomplished jack **** on the field and this kind of stuff makes them feel better ....

Archived