Bulls Series With UCF Likely Over

USFan

Would UCF accept an unbalanced series in USF's favor?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

and...

How can we expect Florida, Florida State, and Miami to schedule us when it clearly is not good for their programs if we won't play UCF because it's not good for our program?  Double standard maybe?

Very truthful post.

Not really. It's not a double standard. What most USF fans want is what's best for the USF football program. Playing the Big 3 and not playing UCF is what's best for the program, long term. It's as simple as that.

I trust the people on Fowler to really know what is best for the program... and they have decided a pause in playing UCF is best. So for me, anything else is moot.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

cinci-maimi were both non-bcs teams when this rivalry began and if Cinci becomes successful at the BCS level I'd be surprised if the fans will remain too interested in this game. Also, for a long time Miami was a high quality mid major.

Pretty much every rivalry began as a nonBCS, in fact before 15 years ago you didn't have to be in a power conference to rise to prominance. Ask yourself this, in today's college football world, would an FSU or Miami make it and be as dominant as they have been? Probably not. What about a team like BYU? There is no way they are national champs in 1985 under todays standards.

The BCS/nonBCS is a formation that really had no bearing until the mid 90s.

Finally, the Cincy/Miami game is going nowhere, it's one of the oldest in the country. And one of their highest attended games on the home schedule each year.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You (and others) keep saying we don't have a replacement for UCF and Miami is not a replacement and "TECHNICALLY" you are correct.  But the REALITY is that we are replacing one annual in state series (whether BCS or not), with another in state series (whether BCS or not).  Yes, I know how the schedule works, 1 1-aa, 2 non bcs, 2 bcs, so technically Miami is not replacing them, but in reality they are as far as an annual series with an in state school.

Please remind me of this annual state series. Miami is signed for 5 more years, by an AD who was forced out, there is no guarentee after that.

Second, when was it bad to have 2 series with state schools? Especially if both draw well?

• Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

cinci-maimi were both non-bcs teams when this rivalry began and if Cinci becomes successful at the BCS level I'd be surprised if the fans will remain too interested in this game. Also, for a long time Miami was a high quality mid major.

Technically all teams were "non-BCS" when rivalries began... even Michigan-Ohio State... AP didn't teams until the mid 1930's...

Point being that the rivalry was used to show a similar situation to us but the rivalry did not develop under the same conditions so the comparison is not accurate. Give it 20 years and if the rivalry is still intact and important then I'll concede.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

and...

How can we expect Florida, Florida State, and Miami to schedule us when it clearly is not good for their programs if we won't play UCF because it's not good for our program?  Double standard maybe?

Very truthful post.

Not really. It's not a double standard. What most USF fans want is what's best for the USF football program. Playing the Big 3 and not playing UCF is what's best for the program, long term. It's as simple as that.

I trust the people on Fowler to really know what is best for the program... and they have decided a pause in playing UCF is best. So for me, anything else is moot.

Exactly ....

The BCS/nonBCS is a formation that really had no bearing until the mid 90s.

Your right, but it isn't pre-90's

• Content Count:  19,617
  • Days Won:  255

That is exactly how I feel, so why are we still talking about this? Offseason be damned >:(

and...

Very truthful post.

Exactly ....

Second, when was it bad to have 2 series with state schools? Especially if both draw well?

There have been numerous reasons given as to why an annual series with ucf (has nothing to do with number of annual events) is a bad idea. Obviously you disagree with them but reasons have been stated over and over.

Archived