Bulls Series With UCF Likely Over

USFan

Would UCF accept an unbalanced series in USF's favor?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

"I sure hope they find a way to continue the series, though, as rival games like UCF-USF are very important to relatively young programs," Banowsky said.

Since when is Banowsky and expert on what USF needs or does not need.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I just don't know about Miami. They are always going to think they are better than us, even if we beat then a couple times. I was at the game in 2005, and their fans really didn't give 2 craps if we were in the Big East or D--IAA Big Sky.

I mean in some ways the same could be said for UCF, what happens if (knock on wood) they beat us this year. Do we recognize them as a rival? Probably not.

In all likelihood Miami will not ever recognize USF as a main rival. Not while FSU and UF are out there along with Virginia Tech. Further, they will always throw their chests out and yell 5 titles, dominant, yada yada yada. As for beating them in the Meinke, these are the same Miami fans that claim the Peach Bowl blowout loss to LSU was because they really didn't care about the game. I seriously doubt they would put much stock in the Meinke game.

While I don't really visit other boards, I will go on a limb and say the majority of the Miami fan base wants an annual game with USF about as much as the majority of our fanbase wants one with UCF. There is no freaking way their fans want the USF game for the same reasons we don't want UCF. If they lose it only hurts them and helps us, not vice versa.

That was in 05.  What I am seeing from other boards NOW, is a level of respect and the realization that we are a developing power.  I see that all over the place, whether it is the AU boards, Miami boards, everywhere.  We are getting some serious respect all over the place now.  Now, hopefully we don't disappoint, but live up to it

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Dear Mr Constantine:

In a recent article in the Tampa Tribune, you were quoted as telling the Orlando Sentianal,

"I don't want to get involved, but USF better darn sure play this game. It's ridiculous for them not to play this game. Florida-Florida State needed a nudge from the Legislature to get their series going, so maybe we need to give USF a nudge, too."

Do you not have better things to do in Tallahassee, then telling athletic programs what to do? I really do not appreciate you wasting my tax dollars in this manner. There are more important issues facing our state, not which football team is playing who.

As for a USF-UCF series, do you really wish for your alma mater to be continuously embarrassed? Do not drag your jealousy for our success into your politcs. We have already secured a series with the University of Miami, which many are certain will develop into a great rivalry. If you are looking for someone to take your anger out on, maybe you can force FAU or FIU into a series, or perhaps even FAMU.

Best of wishes this season. We look forward to your visit to Tampa this October.

Your Fellow Floridian:

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I just don't know about Miami. They are always going to think they are better than us, even if we beat then a couple times. I was at the game in 2005, and their fans really didn't give 2 craps if we were in the Big East or D--IAA Big Sky.

I mean in some ways the same could be said for UCF, what happens if (knock on wood) they beat us this year. Do we recognize them as a rival? Probably not.

In all likelihood Miami will not ever recognize USF as a main rival. Not while FSU and UF are out there along with Virginia Tech. Further, they will always throw their chests out and yell 5 titles, dominant, yada yada yada. As for beating them in the Meinke, these are the same Miami fans that claim the Peach Bowl blowout loss to LSU was because they really didn't care about the game. I seriously doubt they would put much stock in the Meinke game.

While I don't really visit other boards, I will go on a limb and say the majority of the Miami fan base wants an annual game with USF about as much as the majority of our fanbase wants one with UCF. There is no freaking way their fans want the USF game for the same reasons we don't want UCF. If they lose it only hurts them and helps us, not vice versa.

That was in 05.  What I am seeing from other boards NOW, is a level of respect and the realization that we are a developing power.  I see that all over the place, whether it is the AU boards, Miami boards, everywhere.  We are getting some serious respect all over the place now.  Now, hopefully we don't disappoint, but live up to it

TX, I just glanced at the Rivals Miami and Auburn boards and any threads about USF are just canning us as a "good team" and thats about it. In fact there is a very large thread on Miami's board that says we're not worthy to play Miami, basically the thread is Miami fans crapping all over ET while he's defending USF.

If we beat them a few times we'll get the respect no doubt, but its just hard for me to say we're going to develop a rivalry with Miami when, like we have been with UCF, their fans won't ever give us a shot to develop something. I don't mind the UCF game going, really it was fun and thats it, but I really don't expect much from Miami other than 5 more games.

• Content Count:  19,617
  • Days Won:  255

But we need them and their rivalry and blah blah blah ::)

• Content Count:  701
  • Days Won:  0

and he takes the tractor another round... another round another round

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

From Gerdes:

...we will also continue to schedule games with in-state opponents as we have now done with Miami, Florida, Florida Atlantic and Florida International in addition to our current four-game UCF series.

"We will continue to consider UCF in that context."

And I am sure UCF will get the same consideration as FIU & FAU ... not UF, FSU & UM.

I would expect the only way we see UCF again would be with an unbalanced series in our favor.

0707bulls230.jpg

Robinson's awesome game deciding HIT !

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

YES.  Thank you.

Now, everyone FLOOD Constantine's email inbox telling him he better stay out of this.

That would be AWESOME!!!

Hope hundreds do....so Lee can print them off and show everyone up there how much these 2 schools HATE each other...and how it just make sense to play the stupid game where both teams can take a simple 90 min Bus ride!!!

Great idea!! Send away!!! It will help "the cause!"

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

With all the recent articles about USF and USF Athletics going broke (i.e. budget cuts, lowest coaching payrolls in the BCS, etc...), guess Leavitt wants to continue to LOSE $$$$ from home games vs I-AA and teams like FIU.

Here's a refresher course on how many folks showed up to your games last year...during USF's Bowl Winning season:

FIU: 21,960 

McNeese St.  20,930 

Yeah...USF doesn't "need' UCF...LOL!!! ::)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

Going broke ? . . . LOL

And USF Athletics just recently added $2.2 million per year in revenue.

USF Football attendance will continue to increase because of USF, not visiting teams.

Archived