Bulls Series With UCF Likely Over

USFan

Would UCF accept an unbalanced series in USF's favor?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

1) We have replaced the ucf game with Miami. I don't claim this is a rivalry but it is a replacement of one annual series game against another vs an in-state opponent. The after effect is just that ucf just becomes another afterthought game. I just don't understand why people want to put so much emphasis on a terrible team. If we win it, how exactly does this help us? The BE is still regarded as weak and we need quality ooc games to make up for this and locking in a terrible team does nothing but hurt us. And before you mention the AA games we are scheduling I feel EXACTLY the same way about those games.

Technically it is not. Miami = BCS; UCF = Non-BCS

Greg just stated in another thread that we will be sticking by the formula previously laid out. Applying it to 2009:

DI-AA - Wofford

Non - BCS - FIU

Non - BCS - not scheduled

BCS - @ Indiana

BCS - Miami

I don't forsee USF shelling out 800k to get a team in here for that non BCS game. More than likely it will be a 1 for 1 deal with someone. There is a chance that we find someone like WKU (rumored) who will be a provisional I-A team starting in 2009 to give us a 2 for 1 like the FIU/FAU deal. However, there is very little chance of a team like So Miss or Tulane jumping at that type of deal.

2) give me S. Miss over ucf any time! Those games were awesome and there was genuine hate from our side towards them and vice verca as opposed to the one sided nonsense ucf has for us. In addition, S. Miss would be a quality win, ucf is just a win against a horrible program that is close by.

So your stating that in the now 10 page thread, there is no hate between UCF and USF.

I don't mind if you want to discontinue the game. But lets not freaking act like So Miss fans are sitting at home saying, "Man, I really hate those Bulls. One day!" I think so many fans are just finding lame excuses why we should discontinue a very popular game (cause it is) for a game against a similar opponent.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

With all the recent articles about USF and USF Athletics going broke (i.e. budget cuts, lowest coaching payrolls in the BCS, etc...), guess Leavitt wants to continue to LOSE $$$$ from home games vs I-AA and teams like FIU.

Here's a refresher course on how many folks showed up to your games last year...during USF's Bowl Winning season:

FIU: 21,960 

McNeese St.  20,930 

Yeah...USF doesn't "need' UCF...LOL!!! ::)

You know -------s might be right... we should stop scheduling 1AA schools as the first game and just replace them with UCF.  I think ONLY at that point, will it ever help us.

Ah...your making me blush  ;)

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

huh?

• Content Count:  19,661
  • Days Won:  255

You are right, we are going to let this series lapse because we need you ::)

With all the recent articles about USF and USF Athletics going broke (i.e. budget cuts, lowest coaching payrolls in the BCS, etc...), guess Leavitt wants to continue to LOSE $$$$ from home games vs I-AA and teams like FIU.

Here's a refresher course on how many folks showed up to your games last year...during USF's Bowl Winning season:

FIU: 21,960 

McNeese St.  20,930 

Yeah...USF doesn't "need' UCF...LOL!!! ::)

You know -------s might be right... we should stop scheduling 1AA schools as the first game and just replace them with UCF.  I think ONLY at that point, will it ever help us.

Ah...your making me blush  ;)

• Content Count:  1,480

Matt... UCF = nonBCS; Miami=BCS ... because of the scheduling formula Miami can not replace UCF.  Miami has, instead, replaced UNC on our schedule.

Since we have Miami five times and either FAU or FIU 4 times between 2008 and 2013, I'm not sure why you think there is an "annual series" component to the schedule.

Also stated by USF:

BCS = 1 for 1 will do

Non-BCS = 1 for 1 will not do

ucf = non-bcs yet a 1 for 1 series exists

UCF was getting BCS treatment as far as scheduling due to cusa forcing the series. Had that not happened the annual series would have never taken place. Once the required games are completed ucf will be scheduled according to the formula. Point was that we will only schedule 1 for 1's against bcs teams so if there are no changes in their status or our policy we will not have any series with them that is balanced.

I am not adding any "annual series" component to the scheduling and as a separate issue I'm merely pointing out to those ******** that we are losing that aspect of our schedule and getting nothing but some assumed crap game in the future (if the concern is that we are reducing the quality of our schedule then I hardly think we can drop much further in quality from ucf unless we delve into the AA level teams) This is not true, we are losing an annual game against ucf but the year following that last game we start another against a much more talented, more interesting and more respected team so people should be happy about this change. In other words this is the practical side of the argument. Yes technically ucf will be replaced by another non-bcs team (and almost by default will be a higher quality team) but practically speaking to those feeling that the importance of this game is that it gives us an exciting annual event against a nearby florida team that could potentially blossum into something exciting then the Miami game is a replacement for that.

So your stating that in the now 10 page thread, there is no hate between UCF and USF.

I don't mind if you want to discontinue the game. But lets not freaking act like So Miss fans are sitting at home saying, "Man, I really hate those Bulls. One day!" I think so many fans are just finding lame excuses why we should discontinue a very popular game (cause it is) for a game against a similar opponent.

After 10 pages I'd say that some really do hate them and others (like myself) really hate the idea of so closely linking ourselves to such a crappy program. And since nobody has responded to this aspect I'll repeat until I'm blue in the face....this SAME reaction takes place when we debate scheduling the AA teams since many feel it is the correct thing to do in our stage of development and others feel that we should move beyond and that the quality of team is more important than a sure win. If we use your # of page argument or how passionate people are against these games than you must conclude that we have high amounts of hatred and interest in playing teams of this level. In reality, we are able to argue against this series without having some deep rooted feeling to ucf.

And yes, southern miss fans were definitely sitting at home saying "I REALLY hate those bulls" When we were all in the same conference together there was a real hatred from them that showed up here.

Also stated by USF:

BCS = 1 for 1 will do

Non-BCS = 1 for 1 will not do

ucf = non-bcs yet a 1 for 1 series exists

They have never said this. In fact Greg said in another thread they will probably be scheduling 1 and 1s with non BCS. We did say we wouldn't TAKE an uneven series for someone else's advantage.

After 10 pages I'd say that some really do hate them and others (like myself) really hate the idea of so closely linking ourselves to such a crappy program. And since nobody has responded to this aspect I'll repeat until I'm blue in the face....this SAME reaction takes place when we debate scheduling the AA teams since many feel it is the correct thing to do in our stage of development and others feel that we should move beyond and that the quality of team is more important than a sure win. If we use your # of page argument or how passionate people are against these games than you must conclude that we have high amounts of hatred and interest in playing teams of this level. In reality, we are able to argue against this series without having some deep rooted feeling to ucf.

And yes, southern miss fans were definitely sitting at home saying "I REALLY hate those bulls" When we were all in the same conference together there was a real hatred from them that showed up here.

If I were to throw up a Southern Miss or D-IAA discussion thread it wouldn't get more than 3-4 pages. Guarenteed.

• Content Count:  1,480

They have never said this. In fact Greg said in another thread they will probably be scheduling 1 and 1s with non BCS. We did say we wouldn't TAKE an uneven series for someone else's advantage.

I believe they have said this

If I were to throw up a Southern Miss or D-IAA discussion thread it wouldn't get more than 3-4 pages. Guarenteed.

when we were in the same conference and playing each year a thread would have been huge as it would again if they were on the schedule in the future. These games were heated and the hatred is there every bit as much or more than the ucf games.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,355
  • Days Won:  490

We have 10+ page threads on hoochie mamas, a placekicker's mom, and Ryan Hamilton...please don't judge interest by length of thread(s).

I believe they have said this

See the nonBCS schedule thread. Greg says they didn't.

when we were in the same conference and playing each year a thread would have been huge as it would again if they were on the schedule in the future. These games were heated and the hatred is there every bit as much or more than the ucf games.

I went to the last 3 So Miss games (including the one in hattiesberg), they were fun, but nothing like the atmosphere surrounding or around UCF.

We have 10+ page threads on hoochie mamas, a placekicker's mom, and Ryan Hamilton...please don't judge interest by length of thread(s).

Maybe, but rarely do we get a football related thread this long unless its a gameday thread.

Archived