Bulls Series With UCF Likely Over

USFan

Would UCF accept an unbalanced series in USF's favor?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

Unfortunately the UCF game draws its own type of "crap"...and many feel that way KL.

We don't need games that attract an overwhelming number of UCF fans.  We need teams that draw our local fan base...

You guys sold your soul a long time ago for payday games, you have no other way of thinking.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

We have seen the UCF game draw a great deal of UCF fans to RJS. 

Interesting you failed to note the that UCF game at RJS also drew the LARGEST USF Student Crowd to any USF Football Game at RJS!!

Sure seems like the KIDS at USF enjoyed the game as well...plus the game in Orlando...since about 1/2 of the USF crowd there were USF Students!

Were West Virginia were 98 miles down the road the stadium would have sold out.

You guys bring carloads of students and UCF fans...that's good if that is our goal, but I don't sense that it is.

We need to build our base, not attract the closest possible opponent to RJS.

No...but they were the 2nd best team in a Conference...and their school is KNOWN for a great traveling fan base...especially to FLA!

Also...UCF was on a 16 game LOSING streak prior to the 2005 game.

Please...go one with your comparison.

Right, and if that were the lone goal of building an NC caliber team you would have a point.

Scheduling is an integral part of a successful program...regardless of the benefits of geography.  We need to play real teams that benefit us.  Despite the close proximity for students, the game needs to be evaluated on how it benefits the program.  There is little to gain by beating UCF. 

Unfortunately the UCF game draws its own type of "crap"...and many feel that way KL.

We don't need games that attract an overwhelming number of UCF fans.  We need teams that draw our local fan base...

Suggestion...then don't keep scheduling the likes of Elon, Wofford, Kansas, Indiana, FIU, FAU, etc...as its VERY obvious that your own fan base could careless about those games! ;)

UCF and WVU? There is no comparison.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  19,657
  • Days Won:  255

And if your team would like a contract like Wofford, Samford, Elon, FIU or FAU then we would be more than happy to play you. As for Indiana and Kansas playing and beating a wide variety of BCS teams is part of our long term plan, remember that is why you have such a hard on to play us and we could care less about this game (that is why the series will lapse following the final two games our our exit agreement with C-DOA).

I rethought my position earlier to email Constantine.  I guess the best way to make this go away is to ignore the knights and ignore constantine, unless he tries to pass some legislation.

What part of the fact that UM in 09 will bring way more fans than UCF don't people understand???

Nothing.

USF still needs to schedule FIVE non-conf games a year...and all USF fans know that home games vs Div I-AA Wofford, Samford, Elon, and I-A teams like FIU, FAU, Indiana, kansas, etc...will draw crap.

Suggestion...then don't keep scheduling the likes of Elon, Wofford, Kansas, Indiana, FIU, FAU, etc...as its VERY obvious that your own fan base could careless about those games! ;)

I have to start quoting you since you're so invested in this thread...thanks for setting me up though.

When UCF accepts it's role as an Elon and wants to open up at RJS with us every year, we'll probably welcome you.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  385

2) We will play UCF again in the future.  The 2008 game won't be the last, just the last in the current series.  Expect sometime in the next decade there will be another series with the Knights. 

3) And it won't be unbalanced.  I don't see UAB or USM or ECU signing a 2 for 1 with USF, why should UCF.  Sure, we are BCS and they aren't... but they also aren't Sun Belt.  Expect a couple of 1 and 1 series in the next 10-12 years.

Jim,

I believe you and I had a debate about this very series last year when you vehemently stated that no matter what the school would follow the stated policy when it came to scheduling AA teams, non BCS teams and BCS teams. By your own defence UCF can't be scheduled in any way other than unbalanced.

2) This is my holdup on cancelling the series. We're replacing UCF with non-BCS games, and chances are, they will be 1 and 1s, not these 2 and 1s. The reason schools like FAU and FIU give us 2 for 1s is because they are hanging on to dear life to stay Division I-A; they don't have anything for leverage. We cannot afford to outbid the large programs to play those teams on a one shot game in Tampa. Our best bargaining chip is that we will go play in their stadiums in return for 2 games in Tampa and we get a cheaper payout to these schools.

Joe

Look at the future schedule year by year. We have one series ending in 08 and another starting in 09. As far as I can tell we have replaced UCF for Miami as an annual in state game and UCF gets demoted to the ranks of all other non bcs florida teams. We will still play them if they want it bad enough to agree to our terms...just as it should be.

-When the UCF riveraly comes up thread start being over 4 pages long

Proudbull,

This is a nonsensical comment. Yes, this topic always ends up with multiple pages however the majority of people are arguing against this game and I see more hate for the idea that the game should be played than any hate towards UCF. I also don't buy the idea that simply by commenting that we don't want to play the game that this somehow implies a hatred to them and interest in the game. I have zero interest in this game, have argued it year after year....I also hate playing the AA teams and have argued just as strongly about playing those games (btw, threads about those games also end up very long). Does this mean that myself and others that hat the idea of playing AA teams secretly hate these other teams and indicate potential rivalries with a AA team? IMO, if we ever actually end up with a true rivalry with UCF it will only be because we have been unsucessful playing the better teams.

You kinda proved my point. I was just noting that people care enough to argue against it.  Caring enough to for people to post 7 pages of threads I think can be seen as interest.  I agree with you stance on I-AA teams, but that is not just one team.  You don't see threads longer than a page or two on FAU or FIU, etc, etc.  It is always about UCF.  It was simply to note that just about every UCF thread becomes some big deal, like this one, and people get their panties in a bunch over it.  Additionally, it is not just about playing UCF it is everything that happens to involve UCF some how.  Also, even if we say that UCF is a rival doesn't mean that it is a big deal.  Look at UL, UK is thier supposed rival and I can guarantee that their fan base cares more about the WVU game than the UK. 

Anywho, my point is there is intrest and while posting a crap load of threads doesn't necessarily make them our rivals, it helps.  But hears the million dollar question, who cares?  IF they are a rival and we beat them down year and year, its fine and if play them for the last time in 2008, than so be it. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

Love that line ! From the baby Sitter Movie  ;D

Look at the big brain on Brad! That is exactly right, we have goals for our program that unfortunately, for this game, do not include seeing how many UCF fans we can bring to our stadium every other year. While in the short term these fans may add a minimal gain to our wallets, in the long run they just are not part of the plan.

We need to build our base, not attract the closest possible opponent to RJS.

And when you look at UCF's OOC schedule for the next 2 years ... it looks like a "road show"

9-6 South Florida

9-13 @ Pittsburgh

TBA @ Clemson

TBA @ Miami FL

TBA @ Penn State

9-5 @ Wisconsin

9-12 @ Pittsburgh

9-19 @ Texas

10-3 Miami FL

9-11 North Carolina State

9-25 @ Miami FL

9-24 @ Texas