Some Heath and Hoops publicity on TampaBays10.com

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98,349
  • Days Won:  490

head-logo.gif

Stan Heath is ready for the challenge

WITH THE N-B-A DRAFT NOW PASSED, IT'S TIME FOR COLLEGE TEAMS TO LOOK FORWARD TO NEXT SEASON.

ONE TEAM WITH HIGH HOPES IS U-S-F... THANKS IN LARGE PART TO THE ADDITION OF STAN HEATH AS HEAD COACH.

WE SAT DOWN RECENTLY TO GET TO KNOW THE BULLS NEW RING LEADER.

Stan Heath: "The first year sometimes is a little bit of learning, a lot of excitement, a lot of things to do."

SO STAN HEATH JUMPED RIGHT IN. HIS FIRST SUMMER DUTY - BASKETBALL CAMP.

Stan Heath: "I'm a camper myself. That's how I started basketball, just going to camps. Coaches who run camp, it has to be part of your makeup to want to do this."

THE SAME CAN BE SAID FOR THE USF JOB.

Stan Heath: "It's really been an exciting thing for me. Just to be in a place where there's a great future in front of us."

IT'S A BRIGHT FUTURE FOR STAN HEATH - AT A PROGRAM THAT - WITH A FEW EXCEPTIONS - HAS A DARK PAST.

Stan Heath: "The biggest thing we had to do is change the perception. Change the mindset. That is out there. That is a hard job. Many people have come here and really haven't had success."

BUT ALL HEATH HAS HAD IS SUCCESS - INCLUDING BACK TO BACK 20 WIN SEASONS AT ARKANSAS AND AN ELITE 8 AT KENT STATE.

Stan Heath: "I think there's things in place that we can build off to get to the point where it is a giant that wakes up."

A NEW JOB MEANS LITTLE FREE TIME - BUT HEATH ENJOYS HIS - MOSTLY WITH HIS WIFE AND TWO BOYS - BUT ALSO....

Stan Heath: "I'm kind of a movie fanatic. I like going to movies. I don't get to go all the time. But 10 o'clock, 11 o'clock at night, if I can sneak off and see a movie, I enjoy stealing that."

EVEN MORE INTERESTING.....

Stan Heath: "I'm a Star Treky too. There's your weird piece there. I always watched it as a kid. Captain Kirk. Spock. I love Star Trek."

HEATH IS AN ECLECTIC COACH - WITH A GOOD FOUNDATION AT USF. AND HE'S READY TO BOLDLY GO WHERE FEW COACHES HAVE GONE BEFORE.

If you are interested in attending the Stan Heath basketball camp, there is one more remaining.  It is July 15-18 at the USF Sun Dome.  The only restriction for this camp is that no high school players are allowed to attend.  To register for the camp, contact the USF men's basketball office

Link

Travis Bell, Tampa Bay's 10 Sports

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

for the first time in a long time I am looking foward to BB season

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

for the first time in a long time I am looking foward to BB season