USF Football, Basketball Salaries Among Lowest

TyBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

The biggest shame in this article is if Wally was to leave and it was becasue he did not make over 250,000 a year.  He clearly is worth much more than the meager salary he is being paid.

Give all the survivors a break and pay them a decent wage.

Wally's not going anywhere.  I've heard that if he ever leaves USF it will be to retire, and that comes from Wally.  We can just hope he sticks it out for a few more years before he calls it quits because he's a great one.

The positive is many of the younger coaches that were recently added are firmly indebited to Leavitt for their job like Scott, and Simmonds.  Plus I doubt Gregory goes anywhere until at least his son graduates.

• Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  2

I'm glad Brett does report these figures... I was grossly underpaid at my last job SBien, yet was easily at the top of my profession in my field. Funny enough, I didn't realize how screwed I was getting until other yearly figures were released from my competition... and I already realized how **** poor they were at my job. It allowed me to leverage my old company to an approximate $70K raise... which I then proceeded to walk anyways... now I'm partnered up at a firm where we're on pace to reach close to $150K each. I still work long hours... but now I'm actually making a dent into my $40k in school loans, my mortgage payment, and my credit card payments that have held me down for years. I'm probably 18 months away from being out of the red... and then I will be able to make the committment financially to USF that I've always wanted to make... both to football and softball. Its good to know what others in the industry make... I'm glad Leavitt lobbied for those raises... but in some cases, we lost good coaches because they came so late in the game. When the money is good enough at USF, some of those coaches will end back at USF.

Look at coach C... he probably wasn't making a $100K when he left USF as the former OC. Now... he comes back as a receiver's coach or QB coach and he is making some decent cheddar... and this is after UofA made him the scapegoat for their offensive woes... didn't matter that their "Marquel Blackwell" was always injured.

USF is coming up to par slowly... Brett is just reporting it...

40K in school loans?  Man, school is a lot more expensive than it was in the late 80's.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

40K in school loans?  ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

Anyone know what BCS beat writers are pulling down these days?  I hope our guys are being taken care of. 

In any event, great to see the same salary story cycling each year.  Any news on Brian Fisher lately? 

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

I'm glad Brett does report these figures... I was grossly underpaid at my last job SBien, yet was easily at the top of my profession in my field. Funny enough, I didn't realize how screwed I was getting until other yearly figures were released from my competition... and I already realized how **** poor they were at my job. It allowed me to leverage my old company to an approximate $70K raise... which I then proceeded to walk anyways... now I'm partnered up at a firm where we're on pace to reach close to $150K each. I still work long hours... but now I'm actually making a dent into my $40k in school loans, my mortgage payment, and my credit card payments that have held me down for years. I'm probably 18 months away from being out of the red... and then I will be able to make the committment financially to USF that I've always wanted to make... both to football and softball. Its good to know what others in the industry make... I'm glad Leavitt lobbied for those raises... but in some cases, we lost good coaches because they came so late in the game. When the money is good enough at USF, some of those coaches will end back at USF.

Look at coach C... he probably wasn't making a $100K when he left USF as the former OC. Now... he comes back as a receiver's coach or QB coach and he is making some decent cheddar... and this is after UofA made him the scapegoat for their offensive woes... didn't matter that their "Marquel Blackwell" was always injured.

USF is coming up to par slowly... Brett is just reporting it...

amen

my first job as a lawyer i made 1500.oo a month,i won trials,appeals and made new law in california and now i make lots more

IT TAKES TIME AND it is based on performance

usf coaches need to win championships and stop comparing salaries

when you take care of business you will make the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

leavitt should share the wealth if he feels  bad

heath and staff need to show they belong

40K in school loans?  ...

My "little sister" graduated last year with over $100K in school loans, but she is a pharmacist.

I would rather Brett have an article about our attendance asking where the nearly $50K went from Game One.

Go BULLS !!!

Listen we've lost some coaches the last few seasons because of this. I know Leavitt deserves every penny he gets, but its hard for his assistants to remain loyal when he is making $1 Million and his assistants are at the bottom of the BCS rung. Will it change? Yes. But for now it sucks.

so true

he needs to help out a bit and spread the jack

Archived