BrightHouse 47 / Time Warner Truck

E.T.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  38,283
  • Days Won:  29

Also had USF logo on each side.

Anyone else seen this ?

It was sweet. Saw it at Exit 25 - Hillsborough/Polk County Line.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

No, but I hit up Countyline Road everyday on the way to and from work. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

sweetness!

I take the PCP (exit 26) home...I'll keep mah eyes peeled as well.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I've voiced my concerns to Brighthouse over the lack of USF coverage on Catch 47. Instead of fishing shows, I'd rather watch re-runs of old USF games. During the season, I thought they would show a lot more USF athletics, but they really don't. Verizon carries the NFL network, and as soon as FIOS is up in my area, I'll be switching my hi-speed connection as well.

Have any of you heard anything other than the usual "we'll take your concerns into consideration" from any Brighthouse reps? As the official station of the Bulls, they've done a piss-poor job. It's going to take a lot more than some iconic "U's" on their trucks to keep me from switching. Any opinions?

• Content Count:  21,566
  • Days Won:  10

The issue is that Brighthouse does not want to allienate UF, FSU, and non USF Fans.  So, I think they do the absolute minimum needed for the relationship.  Yeah, old USF games, I see old FSU, and UF games on Sunshine all the time.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

I've voiced my concerns to Brighthouse over the lack of USF coverage on Catch 47. Instead of fishing shows, I'd rather watch re-runs of old USF games. During the season, I thought they would show a lot more USF athletics, but they really don't. Verizon carries the NFL network, and as soon as FIOS is up in my area, I'll be switching my hi-speed connection as well.

Have any of you heard anything other than the usual "we'll take your concerns into consideration" from any Brighthouse reps? As the official station of the Bulls, they've done a piss-poor job. It's going to take a lot more than some iconic "U's" on their trucks to keep me from switching. Any opinions?

Catch-47 is better than nothing at all whcih is what we would have without them at this point in time. I don't think there's a huge bidding war for our stuff right now .... and don't be dissing fishing shows, those **** things are pretty popular. There was even an article in the paper today about the IMG Academy in Sarasota now having a week-long fishing camp. What is this country coming to?? .... Next thing you know they'll be having week long poker camps.

One thing to remember, Paisa, is that most USF games are ESPN productions -- which means it quite expensive to buy the rights to rebroadcast the games.  So I would not expect BrightHouse to be able to afford to purchase the games given the relatively low number of people who watch.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'm sure there'd be a way to work something out with ESPN. Other than just sitting on pre-recorded material, what is ESPN currently doing to profit off of old USF games? I'm sure if Brighthouse were to pitch something to ESPN that would be mutually beneficial to both entities, ESPN would jump aboard. I just hate flipping by Sunshine Network and seeing FSU, UF and sometimes Univ of central down syndrome on there for re-runs.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

What is this country coming to?? .... Next thing you know they'll be having week long poker camps.

Sounds like a business opportunity to me! ;D

• Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

Have any of you heard anything other than the usual "we'll take your concerns into consideration" from any Brighthouse reps? As the official station of the Bulls, they've done a ****-poor job. It's going to take a lot more than some iconic "U's" on their trucks to keep me from switching. Any opinions?

Yeah, I was worried about losing Catch 47, I too just switched from Brighthouse to Verizon FiOS. I'm very happy that they have NFL network in HD. I was wondering whether Verizon will carry some of the local USF games?

Archived