Our shirts

Guest r_to_the_izzo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,617
  • Days Won:  255

I just do not understand why if someone else wants the shirt they are not buying it themselves ??? Maybe in the future to make sure that people are going to at least go to one game in the "game day shirt" they should only sell them outside the games, perhaps at the booth where they sell the student companion tickets. I just think that it is a mistake to assume that a student buying a USF shirt is going to neccessarily go to the games, as I do not think the student attendance numbers supports such an assumption.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,617
  • Days Won:  255

Seriously people - Don't ya'll have better things to argue over?

No ;D

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

The "Our Shirt" is great.  Whether students/alumni or faculty, etc., etc., etc., buy them or not, as long as they are wearing Green and Gold to the games that is all that matters.

Personally, I wear my USF gear whenever I can, which is all the time, except at work.

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  384
  • Days Won:  0

I think the shirts look great, And for $5 bucs you can t beat em ;D

• Content Count:  624

Bullzfan: Not sure why you are singling me out, just because I am stating a proven fact about the Greek community. I appreciate you and your frat's involvement in USF, but as for the rest of them and their lack of involvement...that is not appreciated.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Ok enought with thr anti-greek speak. We all have our opinions about it, but this board isn't going to solve the problem.

• Content Count:  624

Yeah, we get it outrunner. I'm dropping it

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Seriously people - Don't ya'll have better things to argue over?

It's not football season yet, so the answer is no.  ;D

• Content Count:  3,078

i feel dumber after reading all of this crap....

what ever happened to just being happy that people actually want the shirts?  not too long ago you could have been trying to give USF stuff away and some people would not have wanted it.  If some parent in Alaska wants to buy a T-shirt to show their support for USF, awesome... that's just more people supporting the team and letting others know who they support. 

In order to have a "gameday" shirt, you are going to have to give them out at the game and sitting on each seat(UT does this), require people in certain sections to have the shirt on or they can't get in (Michigan St. does this, I think), or something else that forces people to wear them.  You can sell them but that still doesn't mean that it will ever end up in the stadium.  So if someone wants to wear one to the bar on gameday, more power to them. 

• Content Count:  1,532

n2393888448_5659.jpg

I think many of you have lost the idea of backing the bulls.  The shirts were OBVIOUSLY intended for anyone to buy, as the price diff shows.  The price diff only has to do with the funding differance between what SG put in and what Athletics put in.  A&S fees can only be spent on STUDENTS, so they tried to find a solution.  I know a lot of parents that attend games, maybe only a few a year... but use them to come visit their kids.  I know my parents come over a few times a year and focus on times we have games so we have something to do (and they like the college football games). 

Facts are: They are being sold to ANYONE who wants one at the MC info desk and SG/Athletics hopes everyone who buys one will attend games (for parents, even a one or more is great since they HAVE TO BUY TICKETS... the more we get to come to games, the more $$ athletics makes, not to mention attendance numbers).  Thousands have already been sold (sorry I do not recall the number).  More "CAN" be made, and the main marketing campaign will start when fall classes start up.  Mostly students buy them at the MC.  I work the night orientation event for SG and I see almost no parents buying them (students do sometimes buy two or three for parents, and yes they pay extra if they are not student shirts-- parents are not invited into the MC at night). 

Yes, the point is to fill Ray Jay with green... but spreading bulls nation isnt that bad of an idea is it?  And like I said, parents will likely come back and and attend games (the ones that want to bother with a shirt anyway).

"Go Bulls!"

dgtg090h.png

(CJL-- Athletics photo)

n5002623_33847025_3064.jpg

(CJL and Megan Latchford, SG Director of Student Life and Development)

n5002623_33865538_2688.jpg

(Megan and two freshmen who bought shirts)

Archived