What are "our shirts"?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

If the point is for students to wear them and everyone else not to wear them, then why is there a non-student price?

As far as responding to this topic, I don't think that the shirts should ever be limited to "only" students. That would be a very bad idea. All of the parents you see buying them, are gonna be wearing them with pride in whatever state they live in. They will most likely wear them on our gamedays around their city to promote USF. And it has already been said that as soon as the majority of the shirts are sold, they will be printing more.

GO BULLS!!

wear your "GAMEDAY GREEN"!!

Then why don't they buy another USF shirt to wear with pride, and let the students have the gameday shirts. Most of the money for these shirts came out of the students pocket. The point was to have the students wear them at the games, not parents in their living room or local sports bar.

That's a question I've been asking as well.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

[glow=yellow,2,300]If the point is for students to wear them and everyone else not to wear them, then why is there a non-student price?[/glow]

As far as responding to this topic, I don't think that the shirts should ever be limited to "only" students. That would be a very bad idea. All of the parents you see buying them, are gonna be wearing them with pride in whatever state they live in. They will most likely wear them on our gamedays around their city to promote USF. And it has already been said that as soon as the majority of the shirts are sold, they will be printing more.

GO BULLS!!

wear your "GAMEDAY GREEN"!!

Then why don't they buy another USF shirt to wear with pride, and let the students have the gameday shirts. Most of the money for these shirts came out of the students pocket. The point was to have the students wear them at the games, not parents in their living room or local sports bar.

And why is it only a dollar difference? Whoever's marketing these obviously wasn't aware of the point of having students wear them to games...

• Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

Shirts should have been opened up to students first then to alumni when demand goes down.

It just really aggravates me that these shirts are being bought by people that will not wear them...it's a GAME DAY SHIRT.  It's ironic how it's mostly the students on here think it's wrong for people that will not wear them to buy it, yet most alumni see nothing wrong with it.  Probably because many are out of state and they want to buy the shirt.  However, it's a GAME DAY SHIRT... not "I'm in Alabama, let me buy this shirt cuz it's cheap..."  when they run out, no matter how many are printed, many people that will want them for the game won't be able to get them because someone else did.

By the way, Rizzo and I thought it would be funny if the Greeks got 300 shirts and then sold them for $10 since there's no limit.

And Andy, you know very well that's there's one, maybe 3 frats that actually support USF, but like someone else says, that's the minority, by a lot.

Maybe the dollar difference came because 20k of it is coming from athletics.  It's not all SG.  Had it been all SG it should have only been for students in my opinion.

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Its a tee shirt.  If we sell out of them, we buy more.  If a student doesn't have one for the game, they wear another USF shirt.  Can we officially put this to bed?

• Content Count:  3,103

whether Greeks show up to basketball games or not, they do come to football games and do stay for the games.  This is a shirt for football games, hence the football team being the only team on them, and Greeks do show up to football games and do stay for the game itself.  and whether a person is Greek or not, they are still both students of USF and as students they can buy the shirt.  hell the person who came up with the shirt idea is greek herself, so by your logic, the person who made the shirts shouldn't be allowed to wear it.

This post is directed towards Bullsdude08 and parts to Magpie.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Ok enought with thr anti-greek speak. We all have our opinions about it, but this board isn't going to solve the problem.

• Content Count:  19,617
  • Days Won:  255

Once again how do you know that people are not going to wear them to the games? The shirts are only being sold at the student union, do you really believe that people are rushing in from around the country to buy $6 shirts they have no intention to wear? I am not too sure as I tend not to shop there but if people want cheap shirts I am pretty sure it would be easier for them to head to Wal-Mart than it would be to head to our student union. If anyone had a true desire to have one of these shirts to wear to a game I do not see what is stopping them from doing so, other than a lack of a true desire to have one. As far as I have heard the shirts are far from the brink of being sold out so if at some point the supply runs out those who lack a shirt will have no one to blame but themselves and their apathy. The way I see it, if you are concerned about making sure the shirts are worn to the games then you should be happy to see alumni buying them as they make up a greater percentage of our fans in attendance and they would have had to show a greater desire for the shirt, as they made a special trip to get them, than someone happening by the $5 shirt sign in the MC. That being said I will not be making a trip to the MC to buy an "our shirt" and if they are sold out by the time I go to buy one at Tax Payer Stadium then I am glad my shirt went to someone that cared more about going to get it than I did.

Shirts should have been opened up to students first then to alumni when demand goes down.

It just really aggravates me that these shirts are being bought by people that will not wear them...it's a GAME DAY SHIRT.  It's ironic how it's mostly the students on here think it's wrong for people that will not wear them to buy it, yet most alumni see nothing wrong with it.  Probably because many are out of state and they want to buy the shirt.  However, it's a GAME DAY SHIRT... not "I'm in Alabama, let me buy this shirt cuz it's cheap..."  when they run out, no matter how many are printed, many people that will want them for the game won't be able to get them because someone else did.

By the way, Rizzo and I thought it would be funny if the Greeks got 300 shirts and then sold them for $10 since there's no limit.

And Andy, you know very well that's there's one, maybe 3 frats that actually support USF, but like someone else says, that's the minority, by a lot.

Maybe the dollar difference came because 20k of it is coming from athletics.  It's not all SG.  Had it been all SG it should have only been for students in my opinion.

• Content Count:  2,307

I never said Greeks shouldn't be allowed to wear them, Reread my post Andy, and tell me where I said that.  I made a Greek joke.  You get way too emotional on some things here.  And I have nothing against Greeks...I know many of them.  It's just the truth.  Most of them do not care about USF athletics and that's that.

And Puc, I'm talking about people that are here for a few days (such as Orientation with their kid...) and then leave.  They are not going to be making the games.  Nor are people that are getting them and don't even live in the state.  I know that the people on here will wear them so will most alumni.  Again, it's just annoying that there are so many people that don't understand that these are game day shirts.  Why get it if they're not going to the game?  Why buy the shirt when someone else wants it?

• Content Count:  478

you do realize this conversation is NOT helping unite USF. Ya'll are not creating good PR about thise shirts. If I was reading this as a student or a board visitor - it would make me think ya'll are a bunch of petty petty people and would make me NOT want to wear the **** thing in protest!

Do you all realize what a stupid conversation this is? Stop tryiing to force people to wear shirts to games. The shirts are a good idea. It was marketed as a game day t shirt. These things can be worn to class and to games and to whereever else people would like to sport them!  Its not like this green piece of cotton is a sacred artifact that can only be worn 6 times a year. Its a football t-shirt. People can when it whenever they want -- and guess what - I bet a lot pof people will wear them to games. Seriously people - Don't ya'll have better things to argue over?

Archived