UT exhibition should be a lot of fun.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

Top 30 Preseason Poll just announced... USF not in the top 30 (yet!). 5 Big East teams there though.

http://www.collegesoccernews.com/index_files/Page5929.htm

Rutgers? I hate Rutgers

• Content Count:  928

glad to see this thread has some legs, I will just never understand why the hate against the "beautiful" game that inevitably shows up in every soccer thread.  You don't see this type of hate for men's tennis, women's sailing and basically every other college sport outside of football and basketball.

If you don't like it then fine, but why go out of your way to hate on it?  Like it or not, soccer is the most popular sport in the world and looks to stay that way for the near future. 

Therefore, if you hate on the game, as so many go out of their way to show they do, maybe its better to just ignore the thread, or at least not post on it.  And for what its worth I'll be at as many home games as possible this year, just as last year, starting with the UT exhibition

Good Post wr!

Soccer is an exciting sport and many Americans fail to embrace it for what it is. Unfortunately, our MLS and USL teams get all the second rate athletes that weren't raised on baseball, basketball, or football. Sure, we have some great talent on our National Team but lack of interest - from early childhood on - really puts a damper on things. We have kids playing stickball on concrete, basketball with milk crate hoops, and football on the beach...other countries have kids playing soccer - anywhere they possibly can. The world impact of soccer is a lot harder to imagine unless you actually go to other countries and see that they close down streets for pick up games...they play with sandals or go barefoot.

I love soccer and will also attend as many games as I can make, but will be gone for the UT and St. Leo exhibition games :(

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Maybe so, but will they boost attendance.   There seems to be little interest in soccer at USF in the USA.

There, I fixed your post for you.

You are an ignorant fool.

Sorry Pops, but it's true. There is not nearly enough interest in USA soccor.  Let alone USF.  Libelling some one for pointing it out is hardly going to solve it.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

There is plenty of interest in soccer.

• Content Count:  3,574

I love the sport.

You have to play it before actually sitting back and watching it.

However, watching the game at the site is SO much better than watching it from TV.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

You just have to like watching to athletic teams compete. That's why I enjoy it. I'm a sports fan.

Archived