Will we top 50K ?

E.T.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

we would fill the stadium every game if teachers gave extra credit out for attending

Not sure if there would be enough room at the Pirate Ship though  :P

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

50K is probable at least 2 x this year - UCF and WVA.  A close 3rd may be homecomming - historically we have only drawn mid 30's (at previous homecommings).

A L'ville matchup could also bring a big number of fans ... last home game and Title could be on the line ... battle of the unbeatens  ;D

• Content Count:  195

50K is probable at least 2 x this year - UCF and WVA.  A close 3rd may be homecomming - historically we have only drawn mid 30's (at previous homecommings).

Last years HC vs Pitt  actual attendance was just over 30K according to the TSA.  (30,045), so I can't see this years Cincinnati (they don't travel well) game getting close to 50K. 

• Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

I think we are capable as long as the local media is hyping us up.

Hopefully, we don't have to rely on this... We get plenty of local "reporting" but I've yet to see very much local "hype."

But on topic... if we can win a few at the start of the season, and at least be respectable at Auburn.  I think it's possible to hit 50K for a game this year.

• Content Count:  10,874

I doubt we sell that many tix for the UCF game, but see it as a possibility for Louisville, and probable for WVU.  Keep in mind that there was a recent poll at the Trib's USF page regarding excitement for upcoming games, and WVU received about 45% of the votes, Louisville about 35%, and UCF at about 10%.  Granted, online polls are only the opinions of those that choose to participate, but it is a definite indicator of what games people are really interested in this season.

• Content Count:  195

1) The UCF game was one of the biggest draws - because it was the first game against UCF.  It's possible that we'll get fewer UCF fans to drive over because of two straight wins, especially if the Knights get off to a poor start.

If the Knights win their home opener against UT the USF/UCF game could sell out the Ray Jay.

• Content Count:  10,874

1) The UCF game was one of the biggest draws - because it was the first game against UCF.  It's possible that we'll get fewer UCF fans to drive over because of two straight wins, especially if the Knights get off to a poor start.

If the Knights win their home opener against UT the USF/UCF game could sell out the Ray Jay.

Sounds like a ucIF fans to me...

• Content Count:  431

If you were trying to maintain any appearance of being a USF fan you lost it on this post.

Most of your posts either side with the bears on this board rather than the bulls (i.e. SMAZZA = extreme bear, ET = extreme bull) or speak highly of UCF. This one is over the top.

... ET = extreme bull...

8)

Yes Indeed !

Archived