Will we top 50K ?

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

If the number of new USF bumper stickers / license plates and other car memorabilia I've seen on the road in the last 6 months is any indication, then the chances are very good. 

I agree Outrunner, if we can pull off the highly possible Auburn upset and don't fall asleep against UNC then WVa will probably top that number.  If we're ranked in the top 25 for the game then I'd bet on it, with an outside possibilty of hitting 60K. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

We'll top 50k only twice, provided we beat Auburn:

WVU

Louisivlle

UCF will only get about 42k.

• Content Count:  188

Unfortunately, You have to look at it this way too.

UF and FSU have home games the weekend of the Louisville game, which could hurt attendance. Our homecoming is also the same day as UF's homecoming.

However, the WVU (being friday) and UCF games are on days where neither Florida (which has a bye) nor FSU have home games. Which could help.

Are you saying that USF fans will go to UF or FSU games rather than coming to the USF/UL game or that UF and FSU fans come to our games when they don't have a game?

Since WV is on an Friday night and is being televised isn't that just as likely to affect the number of WV fans who will travel to the RJ.   Like it or not the fact remains that our attendance records are more  dependent on our opponent's fans coming to the RJ then they should be.

IMO the UCF game is the most likely to set or be very close to the RJ attendance record, if both schools have in fact increased their fan bases as both sides seem to be claiming (unofficially of course). They have shown they can travel to Tampa in fairly large numbers.

If we and UL are both in a position to win the BE at the time UL comes to town and their fans travel better than in '05 that game could become the record game.  It's anyones guess.

UF/FSU Fans. One thing that many don't like to admit is that a decent portion of our season ticket base is coporate/business owned. Usually a community thing, and a lot of those corporate/business owned seats belong to UF/FSU fans. Amazingly when those two schools are playing there is a lot more red between the 30s.

It will change over time, but it's no coincidence that our attendance is slightly up and our stadium looks a little more crowded between the 30s when those two aren't playing home games (or on TV at the same time as us)

This statement to me represents the biggest problem.  Our own fans continue the myth that we are fueled by UF and FSU fans, which is simply not true.  What makes it worse is some people read this on a message board and accept it as fact.  The fact of the matter is that in 2005 our 3 best attended home games were on 9/10 (both UF and FSU had home games), 9/17 (UF was at home FSU was on the road) and 12/3 (UF was off and FSU was on the road)  All 3 of these games were attenden by more than 42 thousand.

As always Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  195

Quick question: Don't they have to open the upper tier seats to house 50,000?

I thought the way its setup it only allows 40,000 or so.

Yes the upper deck must be opened to accommodate more than 41,441. In 2005 one side of the upper deck was opened for 3 games FAMU, UCF and WVU.  That doesn't mean that every seat in the lower bowl had a body in it.  Actual attendance and USF's reported attendance usually aren't the same.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=220391

This statement to me represents the biggest problem.  Our own fans continue the myth that we are fueled by UF and FSU fans, which is simply not true.  What makes it worse is some people read this on a message board and accept it as fact.  The fact of the matter is that in 2005 our 3 best attended home games were on 9/10 (both UF and FSU had home games), 9/17 (UF was at home FSU was on the road) and 12/3 (UF was off and FSU was on the road)  All 3 of these games were attenden by more than 42 thousand.

As always Go Bulls!

1.  Joe's statement specified "seats between the 30's".  2. USF attendance figures includes all sold and comped seats not actual bodies in the seats.  The games you noted ( FAMU, UCF and WVU) were attended by large number of visiting fans including many who were seated between the 30's and in the upper deck.    Joe's comment reminded me of my having observed  cars with Gator and Seminole tags parked in USF donor parking lots before games.  You think they might belong to Tampa business owners who have season tickets to the Bulls?

• Content Count:  5,691

Good question on opening the upperdeck. Since we usually have a big walkup crowd does the university plan to open the upperdeck in advance? I couldn't imagine turning people away at this stage.

• Content Count:  4,879

Fans will NOT be turned away.

A consistent 40K is more important to me than a blip to 50K.  Also getting season tix over 20K.

Of course a 10-0 start would change everything.

Go Bulls!

Good question on opening the upperdeck. Since we usually have a big walkup crowd does the university plan to open the upperdeck in advance? I couldn't imagine turning people away at this stage.

I'm not an insider so I can't say for sure, but I doubt the upper deck can be opened for last minute Charlies, because of logistics and staffing needs.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

50k is an odd number and when I say that I mean that when you are at 50k you will need to open the upper bowl at Ray-J.  I don't know that opening the upper bowl for 4k is worth it.  If you annouce a sellout it may make those tickets a little more valuable.  Again it may be worth opening the upper bowl for 4k.  Maybe someone knows what it costs us to do that.

We opened the Top Deck twice in 2005 and didn't break the 50K mark.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,285
  • Days Won:  29

... a decent portion of our season ticket base is coporate/business owned. ...

It will change over time...

And a Big Thanx to those that have helped USF !

http://bullsclub.usf.edu/bullsclub/The_Investors.asp

Can't wait to see more alum years after these donors.

Go BULLS !!!

Archived