Will we top 50K ?

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  195
  • Days Won:  0

50k is an odd number and when I say that I mean that when you are at 50k you will need to open the upper bowl at Ray-J.  I don't know that opening the upper bowl for 4k is worth it.  If you annouce a sellout it may make those tickets a little more valuable.  Again it may be worth opening the upper bowl for 4k.  Maybe someone knows what it costs us to do that.

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bulls/MGBFY9Z6F3F.html

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

without a victory over auburn

no way

an otherwise uninspiring schedule will not get 50k into stadium

and  signatur usf misstep will doom attendance

• Content Count:  1,260

Hmm...while I'd love to see us break that milestone..I don't think it will happen. We'll be in the mid to high 40's for UCF and WVU...but asking for 50+ might be just a bit out of reach. Unfortunately, those games are real early in the season and there won't be sufficient buzz, which at this point is still needed to pack the stadium. (UCF will be really well attended though). If we can string wins together to make that game against the Cardinals mean something...that game may have a real shot.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Unfortunately, You have to look at it this way too.

UF and FSU have home games the weekend of the Louisville game, which could hurt attendance. Our homecoming is also the same day as UF's homecoming.

However, the WVU (being friday) and UCF games are on days where neither Florida (which has a bye) nor FSU have home games. Which could help.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

WVU is on a friday which I think could prevent us from having 50k. UCF and UL could reach that mark; depending on how our season goes.

I think we'll end the season averaging around 40k

If we are 3-0 on that Friday against WVU, I think there is a very good chance of us pushing the record.

UF and FSU have home games the weekend of the Louisville game, which could hurt attendance. Our homecoming is also the same day as UF's homecoming.

However, the WVU (being friday) and UCF games are on days where neither Florida (which has a bye) nor FSU have home games. Which could help.

Are you saying that USF fans will go to UF or FSU games rather than coming to the USF/UL game or that UF and FSU fans come to our games when they don't have a game?

Since WV is on an Friday night and is being televised isn't that just as likely to affect the number of WV fans who will travel to the RJ.  Like it or not the fact remains that our attendance records are more  dependent on our opponent's fans coming to the RJ then they should be.

IMO the UCF game is the most likely to set or be very close to the RJ attendance record, if both schools have in fact increased their fan bases as both sides seem to be claiming (unofficially of course). They have shown they can travel to Tampa in fairly large numbers.

If we and UL are both in a position to win the BE at the time UL comes to town and their fans travel better than in '05 that game could become the record game.  It's anyones guess.

• Content Count:  828

without a victory over auburn

no way

an otherwise uninspiring schedule will not get 50k into stadium

and  signatur usf misstep will doom attendance

No Comment!! What a jabroney! Uninspiring?

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Are you saying that USF fans will go to UF or FSU games rather than coming to the USF/UL game or that UF and FSU fans come to our games when they don't have a game?

Since WV is on an Friday night and is being televised isn't that just as likely to affect the number of WV fans who will travel to the RJ.   Like it or not the fact remains that our attendance records are more  dependent on our opponent's fans coming to the RJ then they should be.

IMO the UCF game is the most likely to set or be very close to the RJ attendance record, if both schools have in fact increased their fan bases as both sides seem to be claiming (unofficially of course). They have shown they can travel to Tampa in fairly large numbers.

If we and UL are both in a position to win the BE at the time UL comes to town and their fans travel better than in '05 that game could become the record game.  It's anyones guess.

UF/FSU Fans. One thing that many don't like to admit is that a decent portion of our season ticket base is coporate/business owned. Usually a community thing, and a lot of those corporate/business owned seats belong to UF/FSU fans. Amazingly when those two schools are playing there is a lot more red between the 30s.

It will change over time, but it's no coincidence that our attendance is slightly up and our stadium looks a little more crowded between the 30s when those two aren't playing home games (or on TV at the same time as us)

• Content Count:  849

Quick question: Don't they have to open the upper tier seats to house 50,000?

I thought the way its setup it only allows 40,000 or so.

Thanks Joe, that clears that up, it's refreshing to hear from someone who does not allow his views to be clouded by deeply tinted glasses.  I don't follow UF or FSU football and usually don't know when/who/where they are playing until I read Sunday mornings sports section.  I find your posts to be very informative.

Archived