Bulls To Remain At Raymond James Stadium

TyBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Yes, the costs of having an ocs would be much more then what we pay tsa per year, but we would also be bringing in a ton of revenue that the tsa and bucs rob from us.  There is no way our concession and parking revenue should go to the bucs or the tsa.  That is complete extortion in my opinion.  I think having an alternate stadium, such as a possible new d rays stadium is our best hope at lowering our rent or increasing the amount of concession/parking revenue that we get.

as an avid buc fan I have no problem with the way they bring in revenue. they are a professional organization that is in the business of making money. usf plays in their house.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  195
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, the costs of having an ocs would be much more then what we pay tsa per year, but we would also be bringing in a ton of revenue that the tsa and bucs rob from us.  There is no way our concession and parking revenue should go to the bucs or the tsa.  That is complete extortion in my opinion.  I think having an alternate stadium, such as a possible new d rays stadium is our best hope at lowering our rent or increasing the amount of concession/parking revenue that we get.

Hello! Major college sports is BIG BUSINESS.  The TSA and the Bucs are doing exactly what the Bulls would do if it were their stadium.

First off a baseball park is a crappy venue for a football game. Secondly, do you actually think the City of St Petersburg and The Devil Rays would give away the place so the Bulls could generate more revenue?  I don't think they are as stupid or benevolent as you seem to.

• Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

Is the license fee of $105,000 for the entire season or per game?

• Content Count:  3,574

Is the license fee of $105,000 for the entire season or per game?

game

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Yes, the costs of having an ocs would be much more then what we pay tsa per year, but we would also be bringing in a ton of revenue that the tsa and bucs rob from us.

I will readily admit that I dislike seeing the Glazers and TSA making cash off of our concessions and parking.  However, I don't think you appreciate the difference between losing that revenue and paying for a stadium.  In addition to the data that is included to the thread that is pinned to the top of this board, I would add the following:

A common depreciable life for a structure such as a stadium is 39 years.  Therefore, using the $150 million price tag in the thread pinned to the top of the board, with 6 home games per season, the expense of owning a stadium per game would be about $600,000.  Granted, there could be additional events that occur at the stadium to which depreciation could be allocated as well.  However, given the saturated nature of the event arena market in Tampa, there wouldn't be that many events in a USF OCS.

Now, the $100,000 we pay to TSA to use RayJay, plus the loss of concession and parking revenue, plus the per paid ticket fee is ultimately a better financial situation for USF.  With an OCS, we're only going to get so much paid parking, and will have to pay for the staffing and maintenance of the stadium.  Therefore, we are not losing money by using RayJay, we are actually spending LESS money.

The arguments for USF to have an OCS right now are NOT rooted in the loss of revenue through using RayJay.

• Content Count:  701

a "Home of the South Florida Bulls" sign under the scoreboard kinda like Pitt would be cool

• Content Count:  1,457

The inside slant is that USF will select to remain at Ray J untin 2026 - the scoop is in.  The 2016 date is just a teaser - we are locked in UFN (until further notice).

• Content Count:  195

a "Home of the South Florida Bulls" sign under the scoreboard kinda like Pitt would be cool

A Ferrari Testarossa would look cool in my driveway, but I can live with the fact it isn't likely to happen.

Ski_Lukowski_Testarossa.jpg

• Content Count:  849

So this season if we can average 30K paying fans per game at an average of $25.00 a ticket and 6 games, that is $4.05million for USF.  We need to put butts in the seats.  I am only going with 30K since we have a good home slate, otherwise it would be lower.

The thing is, the ticket costs are only for non-students if I'm not mistaken. Students get in free.

• Content Count:  701

keep the car, i'll take the girl  :)

Archived