Bulls To Remain At Raymond James Stadium

TyBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

I hope they negotiated somewhere in the contract that they will make RJS look like a USF stadium during our home games.  Sorry but they can do better than just green flags at the top along with the U over a painted Bucs symbol.  That just doesn’t work for me.  And don’t tell they can’t do it.  We have a perfect example that it can be done in our own conference (Pitt).

Would love it to look like Bullfreaks sig

Yeah I hope something is in the works for that.  I know there isn't much that can be done befor Bucs games, but for every other game we could at least have our full logo on the center of the feild without a flag around it. 

There has to be something in that contract about using the upper bowl.  If things keep going the way they are (and I fully expect them too) then the upper bowl will be needed in a few years.  I think Brett is right, we are going to need it this year with UCF UL and WVU. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

So not only do we have to pay close to 650,000 per year just to use the stadium, they get all concension revenue(est 300K-500K per game), the majority of parking revenue(100K per game), and 8% of our ticket sales?  WTF, sounds pretty corrupt to me for them to charge a public university this kind of money, especially for a stadium that was paid for with tax payers' money.  This gets me fired up every year that an article like this comes up.  We need to bail from rjs, they are using and abusing us to no end.  Too bad tropicana was so far away, or we could use that as an alternative. If we aren't heading towards an OCS any time within the next 20 years, then maybe if the Rays ever build a stadium closer to tampa or in tampa we could play there.  At least baseball season would be over for the majority of our season and we could decorate the field without any worries.

• Content Count:  2,363

I agree about being more Bulls stuff hopefully negotiated. Do they tarp the upper bowl when it's not being used (I've seen it at indoor arenas, can't remember if they do at Ray Jay)? How sweet would it be if that was all green and gold? Before we start filling it, that is... then we'll make it green and gold on our own! I'd also love to see a flag turn the pirate ship into a Bull ship.

• Content Count:  1,260

RJS definitely has some pluses...but let's face it...TSA has almost all the leverage in any negotiations with USF. Ultimately, they know that there is no other legitimate option for us in the immediate area...so they can take whatever they want.

So not only do we have to pay close to 650,000 per year just to use the stadium, they get all concension revenue(est 300K-500K per game), the majority of parking revenue(100K per game), and 8% of our ticket sales?  WTF, sounds pretty corrupt to me for them to charge a public university this kind of money, especially for a stadium that was paid for with tax payers' money.  This gets me fired up every year that an article like this comes up.  We need to bail from rjs, they are using and abusing us to no end.  Too bad tropicana was so far away, or we could use that as an alternative. If we aren't heading towards an OCS any time within the next 20 years, then maybe if the Rays ever build a stadium closer to tampa or in tampa we could play there.  At least baseball season would be over for the majority of our season and we could decorate the field without any worries.

• Content Count:  3,307

The only reason you would tarp the upper deck is to make it look good on TV. As the PJ.com bowl taught us, it's easy to change the camera angles to cover up empty parts of the stadium.

• Content Count:  7,380
  • Days Won:  3

Think of it this way:

We pay $105k we get 3k parking spaces at $15 a piece or $45,000 per game.

Our stadium costs us $60,000 to rent.

Now what about the $2.50? That is a variable cost per attendee. Whether we own or rented our stadium we would still incur a similar cost. (Does it matter if we pay that to TSA and they pay the ushers or if we keep it and we pay the ushers and light bill?).

UCiF did a feasability study in 2005 and determined the variable cost for stadiums in different parts of the country, in the they ranged from $2.15 to $2.63. We pay .08 of the ticket price. Not every ticket will pay $2.50. Students tickets dont have a face value so no money for them. Were paying less than the going variable cost. This should be a non-issue.

• Content Count:  2,363

Like I said, I couldn't remember if it was already done or not. As for cost, while we're pouring $ into the stadium anyway, we might as well spend some to Bull up the place a little.

I agree about being more Bulls stuff hopefully negotiated. Do they tarp the upper bowl when it's not being used (I've seen it at indoor arenas, can't remember if they do at Ray Jay)? How sweet would it be if that was all green and gold? Before we start filling it, that is... then we'll make it green and gold on our own! I'd also love to see a flag turn the pirate ship into a Bull ship.

Care to estimate the cost to tarp the upper deck.?  (Tarps, Installation, Removal, and Storage)  Where would that money come from?  The tarp fairies ;D

• Content Count:  7,890

so we dont pay per game, we pay all upfront ?

• Content Count:  195

Like I said, I couldn't remember if it was already done or not. As for cost, while we're pouring $ into the stadium anyway, we might as well spend some to Bull up the place a little.

Care to estimate the cost to tarp the upper deck.?  (Tarps, Installation, Removal, and Storage)  Where would that money come from?  The tarp fairies ;D

What we pay the TSA is chump change compared to what it would cost to build, operate, staff and maintain a first class facility.  We play six home games at the RJ (forget the spring game because that doesn't produce revenue) it would be hard impossible to do that on the what we pay the TSA.

• Content Count:  1,378

Yes, the costs of having an ocs would be much more then what we pay tsa per year, but we would also be bringing in a ton of revenue that the tsa and bucs rob from us.  There is no way our concession and parking revenue should go to the bucs or the tsa.  That is complete extortion in my opinion.  I think having an alternate stadium, such as a possible new d rays stadium is our best hope at lowering our rent or increasing the amount of concession/parking revenue that we get.

Archived