Uh-oh, another OCS thread........

AndytheBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

Check out Bretts blog, we got the new lease done with the TSA.

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

So we are locked in till 2011. I guess that would still be in line with the plan from the OCS thread pinned on top. I think at the lvery east, there should be an OCS by the 25th footBULL season.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,273
  • Days Won:  29

Under terms of the contract, USF must exercise the five-year option at least six months before August 2012. The contract also allows USF to terminate the contract with at least two years notice before the termination date as selected by USF.

I really like these terms, this would work excellent and we are in no way "tied" to a long term deal. Timing would work excellent.

This is another reason to get season tickets to show FAN'S commitment. And the Four Pack is a perfect start. And really feel this season will get many more fans in the stands.

So, mark your calender for Jan/Feb of 2012 . . . the OCS announcement could be then. IT's UP TO the FANS !!!

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bulls/MGBFY9Z6F3F.html

So we are locked in till 2011. I guess that would still be in line with the plan from the OCS thread pinned on top. I think at the lvery east, there should be an OCS by the 25th footBULL season.

Actually, no.  USF is technically only locked in - right now - until June 2009...

Under terms of the contract, USF must exercise the five-year option at least six months before August 2012. The contract also [glow=yellow,2,300]allows USF to terminate the contract with at least two years notice before the termination date as selected by USF.[/glow]

I really like these terms, this would work excellent and we are in no way "tied" to a long term deal. Timing would work excellent.

This is another reason to get season tickets to show FAN'S commitment. And the Four Pack is a perfect start. And really feel this season will get many more fans in the stands.

[glow=yellow,2,300]So, mark your calender for Jan/Feb of 2012[/glow] . . . the OCS announcement could be then. IT's UP TO the FANS !!!

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bulls/MGBFY9Z6F3F.html

Actually, ET - The date is rather vague.  If USF was given the $$ tomorrow, they'd give the two year notice and start building. Now we know that won't happen, we could (theoretically) get to August 2012 and they say "we're renewing for three years" -- exercising the five year option, but giving a three year notice.

Moreover, a contract can always be renegotiated.

But I TOTALLY agree with your sentiment... 1) we're not locked into a long term contract... 2) IT'S UP TO THE FANS !!!

• Content Count:  195

But I TOTALLY agree with your sentiment... 1) we're not locked into a long term contract... 2) IT'S UP TO THE FANS !!!

We are in a sense locked into a long term rental because...1) A lack of funds...2 A lack of sufficient interest (ticket sales :(

How is it up to the fans?  Fans have tickets.  Isn't it really the job of the athletic department to create more demand for the product they are selling? 

We are in a sense locked into a long term rental because...1) A lack of funds...2 A lack of sufficient interest (ticket sales :(

How is it up to the fans?  Fans have tickets.  Isn't it really the job of the athletic department to create more demand for the product they are selling? 

No. It's not up to the athletic department to "create" demand.  This is not a good, service, or a commodity -- this is interscholastic athletics.

Support - buying tickets, buying merchandise, donating funds, etc - supports the student athletes and strengthens the brand (making your degree worth more). 

It's up to the fans because we are the "athletic evangelists."  We talk to other people about our love for USF, how much fun we have at sporting events, why we are proud to be fans and alumni of THE University of South Florida.  There is no better advertising than word of mouth -- and WOM doesn't cost the university $$ that can otherwise be spent on the needs of the athletic department.

So, yes, it is up to the fans to help grow the fan base.  It has been said that if every season ticket holder was able to bring in just one more season ticket buyer each, we would double our season ticket base.  If everyone who went to last year's bowl game could get one more person to attend this year's bowl game, we could double our attendance.

To be sure, I love going to USF athletic events.  Even when the teams lose.  Why? Because there is something about being at a sporting event.  The camaraderie, the bond we share as fans.  Turning around and high-fiving the guys behind you -- you wouldn't do that at a movie or rock concert would you?

All fans support USF in their own way... so I am not attacking or criticizing anyone... I'm just pointing out the power we have as fans to really make a difference.  More than any marketing budget or advertising gimmick ever could.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

We need a lottery winner BADLY.

I know that if I got anything over 2 million dollars, half of it would go to USF with the SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS that it ONLY be used towards an OCS.

• Content Count:  3,714
  • Days Won:  2

Jim,

Was the two year option in the last contract we had with the TSA?  Seems like a sign that an OCS is in the works.  Obviously funding needs to start coming together.

I've also heard very similar facts about an OCS recently that resemble your thread above including location and design (chairbacks and club level throughout).

I know some people on here want an OCS and some do not, but it sounds like it is coming and sounds like it will be done the right way.

Jim,

Was the two year option in the last contract we had with the TSA?  Seems like a sign that an OCS is in the works.  Obviously funding needs to start coming together.

I've also heard very similar facts about an OCS recently that resemble your thread above including location and design (chairbacks and club level throughout).

I know some people on here want an OCS and some do not, but it sounds like it is coming and sounds like it will be done the right way.

I don't know if it was in the last contract, but I would assume there would be some kind of out... I wouldn't take this as a sign of anything, other than USF recognizes that someday in the future, there will be an OCS... and they want the flexibility to be able to get out of a lease IF that happens sooner than they might expect today.

Bear in mind the process a university has to go through to build on campus would take two years even if they had all the $$ right now... the red tape with Facilities Planning, approval through the levels of the administration, approval from the Board of Trustees, approval from the Board of Governors, site preparation, actual construction, completion and finishing, etc.

The people in the USF Athletics Department really do know what they're doing - honest, they DO - contrary to what some posters here will allege.  USF simply can not build a stadium like UCF's or FIU's... it has to at least have some of the comforts available at RayJay... which means doing this the right way.

• Content Count:  1,260

Just as a sidenote (since the title has the dreaded OCS term included!) ....Could someone refresh my memory as to why we have an elementary school taking up space on our campus?

Archived