FAU or Auburn??

CoolBull1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

FAU: absolutely 3-1/2 to 4 hours each way make this a doable day-trip.  I'd rather drive 4 hours each way to Lauderdale every other year than the 4 (with 2 hours in stop-and-go traffic) hours to Orlando that it took last year.  Not to mention we'll be playing a tougher opponent in FAU too!  ;D

Unfortunately I cannot make Auburn this year, schedule and distance don't work.  I'm thinking backyard evening BBQ. 

I don't know what way you went or the time you drove , but we weren't in any stop and go traffic at all,  infact we sailed right into the TD Waterhouse Parking lot and getting to the game was a piece of cake thanks to the shuttles provided by the City of Orlando.   There was some traffic getting out of dodge after the game but it wasn't as bad as  getting out of the RJ parking lot after the UCF game in 2005.

We spent about 1-1/2 hours on the off-ramp at a stand-still to get to the stadium area.  It took us about another 1/2 hour to find a parking spot behind someone's house.  We ended up missing the opening kickoff and the first offensive possesion.  I cannot attest to how the UCF fans were before the game, as most were already in the stadium when we got there, but they were awfully quiet on the way out! 

It only took about 20 minutes to get back to the interstate on the way out, but it wasn't too bad after that, just the typical Disney area traffic.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  195

How many tickets is USF being allocated?  Are they all sideline seats?  The USF site only has $30 tickets.  I wouldn't pay $30 for end zone seats when they can be had for $17 ($10 in blocks of 15 +) from FAU.

The seating diagram shows only a very small visitors section.  Lockhart is a not much more than a high school stadium.

FAU: absolutely 3-1/2 to 4 hours each way make this a doable day-trip.  I'd rather drive 4 hours each way to Lauderdale every other year than the 4 (with 2 hours in stop-and-go traffic) hours to Orlando that it took last year.  Not to mention we'll be playing a tougher opponent in FAU too!  ;D

Unfortunately I cannot make Auburn this year, schedule and distance don't work.  I'm thinking backyard evening BBQ. 

I don't know what way you went or the time you drove , but we weren't in any stop and go traffic at all,  infact we sailed right into the TD Waterhouse Parking lot and getting to the game was a piece of cake thanks to the shuttles provided by the City of Orlando.  There was some traffic getting out of dodge after the game but it wasn't as bad as  getting out of the RJ parking lot after the UCF game in 2005.

We spent about 1-1/2 hours on the off-ramp at a stand-still to get to the stadium area.  It took us about another 1/2 hour to find a parking spot behind someone's house.  We ended up missing the opening kickoff and the first offensive possesion.  I cannot attest to how the UCF fans were before the game, as most were already in the stadium when we got there, but they were awfully quiet on the way out! 

It only took about 20 minutes to get back to the interstate on the way out, but it wasn't too bad after that, just the typical Disney area traffic.

You should have parked at TD Waterhouse.plenty of parking - all BULLS ;D - and free shuttle to/from the game.  Next year will be a whole new ball of wax.

• Content Count:  7,613
  • Days Won:  10

How many tickets is USF being allocated?  Are they all sideline seats?  The USF site only has $30 tickets.  I wouldn't pay $30 for end zone seats when they can be had for $17 ($10 in blocks of 15 +) from FAU.

The seating diagram shows only a very small visitors section.  Lockhart is a not much more than a high school stadium.

A response from the FAU board on where we would be sitting if we were to fill up the visitor's section indicated:

I would not be concerned about it "filling up"...as it is, you will probably have plenty of options on the visitors sideline...although this game may be the best crowd outside of the colgate game, from a visitors standpoint, there has been plenty of vacancy on that side...

• Content Count:  7,613
  • Days Won:  10

I looked at several FAU game pictures and, from what I saw, the end zone seating isn't used.

A response from the FAU board on where we would be sitting if we were to fill up the visitor's section indicated:

I would not be concerned about it "filling up"...as it is, you will probably have plenty of options on the visitors sideline...although this game may be the best crowd outside of the colgate game, from a visitors standpoint, there has been plenty of vacancy on that side...

That's interesting because they are playing Minnesota at Dolphins Stadium a few weeks before we visit.  If Minnesota is going to be a bigger draw, why are they renting Dolphin Stadium for that game?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,885
  • Days Won:  6

Geez, I hope we draw more fans than Colgate did.  What was that about?

Also, I predict they will be lucky to draw 20,000 for the Minnesota game.  Renting the Dolphins house will turn out to be a mistake.

• Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

I checked the Dolphin stadium site and nothing is scheduled for that weekend, the Dolphins are away. So I can see that game being moved to Dolphin Stadium if it looks like it will draw over 20,000

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,278
  • Days Won:  29

Southern Utah Att: 6,431

Louisiana-Lafayette Att: 9,827

Arkansas St Att: 8,129

vs. Troy Att: 12,340

This is in order of the season, would expect our game to draw more fans . . . would expect a Sell-Out !

Get your tix SOON !!!

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=245719

I thought a team had to average 15 or 17 thousand to be in Div 1A.  Why are we even playing them at their place?

Archived