2007 Unit Rankings by Athlon

dabull80

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,503
  • Days Won:  0

QB        RB      WR/TE              OL            DL          LB          DB

Cinci          6              6            6                6              4              2            4

Conn          5              4            8                8              8              6            6

Louisville    1              3              1                1              2              2            3 

Pitt            7              5              2                4              7              8            7

Rutgers      4              2              3                1              1              5            1

South Fl    3              7              5                5              5              4            2

Syracuse    8              8              7                7              6              7            8

WV            2              1              4                3              3              3            5 

What are your thoughts ?

I will say after the year starts if our RB position stays at #7 it may be a long and not as successful year as we all hope for.

• Content Count:  6,929

This is just summertime chatter to pass the time until the games begin.

What would our ranking have been last year?

Then we go into Morgantown and come back with a win!

121067.jpg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

I think our DL and LB corp are underrated. Additionally, RB will work itself out. Hopefully someone steps up to be a clear #1. However, if we have to lean heavily on Ben Williams again, at least we know h is dependable and hardworking. But we really need a BE caliber RB to carry the load.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Rutgers' DB's better than ours?     ???

Nah.  Don't think so.

lol, that was the only thing I was really gunna complain about.

The LBs took a ding because we lost 2 very good backers, and the D-line will have to reprove themselves in my book too. I'm pretty sure we lost one of the ones expecting to start.

• Content Count:  2,493
  • Days Won:  1

this is how I rate them at season start

QB        RB      WR/TE              OL            DL            LB            DB

Cinci          6              7            6                6              5              3            4

Conn        5              4            8                8              8              6            6

Louisville    1              3              1                1              2              1            3

Pitt          7              6              2                4              7              8            7

Rutgers    4              2              3                1              1              4            2

South Fl    2              5              4                5              3              2            1

Syracuse    8              8              7                7              6              7            8

WV          3              1              5                3              4              5            5 

• Content Count:  1,266

i'm surprised our WR number isn't a little better...I guess we don't have one big time receiver (maybe TJ) like a Urritia (sp?), but I would think our depth at that position outweighs some of that

• Content Count:  1,260

Wow....if there's a secondary better than ours this year I'd like to see them. No offense, but Rutgers.....???  Did they suddenly recruit a bunch of kids we don't know about, because I know they aren't more talented than us across the board :P Just one man's opinion though...

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think this survey is underestimating our receivers and LBs a bit based on what we have lost.  I sort of understand the RB ranking because, potential aside, the only returning runner that has actually seen the field against any competition is Williams.  That has me worried until Ford does something on the field.

I think we have a tremendous amount of potential at WR.  Maybe more potential than any other position on the fieild perhaps, but we still the receivers to be more consistent catching the ball at key moments.  Althought there have been signs, no one really has taken the step to be a breakout receiver.  Athleticism is there for sure, but they need to run tight, accurate routes and stop dropping the ball so much. 

We have the potential to be near the top of the division at LB, WR, DB, WR and QB if the players play to their potential.  It needs to get done on the field consistently. 

I have no problems with thiese rankings as a unit ranking

• Content Count:  21,566
  • Days Won:  10

BiggTipp is more accurate I believe.

Archived