But we're not invited =/

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  195
  • Days Won:  0

if i was staying in the area, i would have gotten season tickets, being as how i have no clue what games i'll be able to make, i don't see a point in getting them, at least for now.

Well, think about the future.  Buying tickets now means you can get those seats year after year...

Also bear in mind that season ticket purchases -- how long you've been a season ticket holder -- is one of the components of the 'point system' that is used for post-season tickets.  So is donating to the Bulls Club.

I would expect - although have nothing official about this - that a priority order will be used for seats in an OCS, when that is built.  So starting as soon as you can to donate and buy tickets will not only help USF ... it will help you down the line.

I wouldn't bank on that. When it comes to bowl tickets and seating in an OCS...I'd bet that priority will go to big donors before longtime ticket holders with small annual donations. :(

• Content Count:  1,991

if i was staying in the area, i would have gotten season tickets, being as how i have no clue what games i'll be able to make, i don't see a point in getting them, at least for now.

Well, think about the future.  Buying tickets now means you can get those seats year after year...

Also bear in mind that season ticket purchases -- how long you've been a season ticket holder -- is one of the components of the 'point system' that is used for post-season tickets.  So is donating to the Bulls Club.

I would expect - although have nothing official about this - that a priority order will be used for seats in an OCS, when that is built.  So starting as soon as you can to donate and buy tickets will not only help USF ... it will help you down the line.

I wouldn't bank on that. When it comes to bowl tickets and seating in an OCS...I'd bet that priority will go to big donors before longtime ticket holders with small annual donations. :(

Of course Money talks you think they would turn down a $100,000 donation or more for someone who gives $1000 a yr and has been a football season ticket holder for 10 yrs.

• Content Count:  195

Of course Money talks you think they would turn down a $100,000 donation or more for someone who gives $1000 a yr and has been a football season ticket holder for 10 yrs.

Certainly not, afterall we know that loyalty is a one way street.  BOHICA

You're missing the point.

Look at the University of Michigan's "Victory Club" system:

Priority points are assigned as follows:

* 2 POINTS for each unrestricted $100 contribution during the current year

* 1 POINT for every restricted $100 contribution during the current year

* 1 POINT for every $100 in historical giving to the Athletic Department

* 1 POINT for every $100 contribution to the Michigan Marching Band

* 1 POINT for every $1,000 in historical giving to the University of Michigan

* 1 POINT for every year of consecutive purchase of a season ticket in every season-ticketed sport since 1992

* 5 POINTS for a U-M degree earned (maximum 5 points per person)

* 10 POINTS for M letterwinners (maximum 10 points per person)

The Victors Club Priority Point Program is used to determine the allocation and assignment of a number of benefits including:

* Away-game tickets

* Game-day parking permits

* Bowl tickets, post-season tickets

* Admission for special athletic events

Now, I don't pretend to know USF's system -- but I am fairly certain The Bulls Club has some kind of system.  It may not be as detailed as UM's... this is just one example of how a major program with significant history and tradition establishes their priority system.

JewBull... if the UM system is used:

A person who gives a one-time $100,000 unrestricted donation would get 2,000 - 4,000 points:

* 2 for each $100 given this year (2 x 1000),

* maybe 1 point for each $100 given to the Athletic Department (1 x 1000), and

* maybe another 1 for each $1000 give to the university (1 x 1000)...

A person who gives $1000 a yr buys season tickets for 10 yrs would get  2,080 - 2,190 points:

* 2 for each $100 given each year (2 x 10 x 10yrs),

* maybe 1 point for each $100 given to the Athletic Department (1 x 100), and

* maybe another 1 for each $1000 give to the university (1 x 10)...

* 1 point for each year of purchasing season tickets (1 x 10yrs x # tickets - 8?)...

(the 'maybe' is because I don't exactly know how the program works.  If I'm wrong on the maybes, then the season ticket holder would get 2,080 points and the one-time donor would get 2,000 points.)

Just something to think about.

• Content Count:  269

JoeB, annual gifts to USF athletics are used to fund scholarships for student athletes and operating costs for such things as recruiting, equipment, travel, and the recruitment and retention of coaches.   Athletics at USF receives only a very small amount of money from the university, which is directed to academic support services.  Rightfully so, the university focuses its funds on undergraduate and graduate eduation and research.  

In the last 4 years, USF's athletic budget has increased by some $14 million, to about $32 million this year.  Your annual support is a critical part of that, and will continue to be so as the Bulls continue their climb.  We can't do it without you, and please let me take this opportunity to thank those of you who give annually and/or buy season tickets, or support the Bulls in any number of other ways.  There is no ceiling for this program, and in large part, it will go as far as you--alumni and friends--want to take it.

Thanks for asking, Joe.

Best,

Vicki

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Certainly not, afterall we know that loyalty is a one way street.   BOHICA

Right, let's bítch bout a priority seating system for an OCS at least 10 years before it may become a reality ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,278
  • Days Won:  29

...  There is no ceiling for this program, and in large part, it will go as far as you--alumni and friends--want to take it.

This is so true !

And those that don't like the system of a $1,000 donation and you only get 2 tix ... you should have more friends  ;D

It's tougher each year to get a group of eight tix together . . . so if you are thinking about it, this may be your last season.

And we'll have 30K season tix before we have an OCS.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

JoeB, annual gifts to USF athletics are used to fund scholarships for student athletes and operating costs for such things as recruiting, equipment, travel, and the recruitment and retention of coaches.   Athletics at USF receives only a very small amount of money from the university, which is directed to academic support services.  Rightfully so, the university focuses its funds on undergraduate and graduate eduation and research.  

In the last 4 years, USF's athletic budget has increased by some $14 million, to about $32 million this year.  Your annual support is a critical part of that, and will continue to be so as the Bulls continue their climb.  We can't do it without you, and please let me take this opportunity to thank those of you who give annually and/or buy season tickets, or support the Bulls in any number of other ways.  There is no ceiling for this program, and in large part, it will go as far as you--alumni and friends--want to take it.

Thanks for asking, Joe.

Best,

Vicki

And then they have a kegger...

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Thanks for asking, Joe.

Best,

Vicki

This is the answer I was looking for.  Thanks Vicki.

Archived