Season Ticket Sales

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0

San Jay

You hit it on the head USF asks for donations for most of the seats in the lower bowl except for endzones. This makes it harder to sell season tix.

For example to get seats on the visiting side around 50 yd line.

USF charges a donation of $2,000 to 3,500

UCF charges between $750-1,000

thats a big difference, so most new buyers will settle for individual game tix, or package deals that dont involve donations.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

San Jay

You hit it on the head USF asks for donations for most of the seats in the lower bowl except for endzones. This makes it harder to sell season tix.

For example to get seats on the visiting side around 50 yd line.

USF charges a donation of $2,000 to 3,500

UCF charges between $750-1,000

thats a big difference, so most new buyers will settle for individual game tix, or package deals that dont involve donations.

Why are we comparing ourselves to UCF??? I have heard over and over again that we have moved past them on the field and off. Since that is the case why are we complaining about the donations, it's part of the process of build a strong sports program. There are seats to be had without a donation if you want them. I will remind you that when there are no tickets left you will be wishing the made the donation.

• Content Count:  195

To some it's not the fact that there's a donation, but the donation structure.  Someone who only wants 2 tickets must make the same annual donation that someone who is buying 4 or 8 seats in the same section, and if they are only interested in football tickets and not hoops then it makes the per ticket costs even higher.  IE: Green Jacket Level ($1,000/yr) buying 8 football tickets is paying only $125/ticket while someone who only wants two tickets would be giving $500/ticket.  Many schools have an initial donation and then a per seat donation annually.  I believe , Louisville is one which used that system and they have had a waiting list for season tickets for a few years.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

To some it's not the fact that there's a donation, but the donation structure.  Someone who only wants 2 tickets must make the same annual donation that someone who is buying 4 or 8 seats in the same section, and if they are only interested in football tickets and not hoops then it makes the per ticket costs even higher.   IE: Green Jacket Level ($1,000/yr) buying 8 football tickets is paying only $125/ticket while someone who only wants two tickets would be giving $500/ticket.   Many schools have an initial donation and then a per seat donation annually.  I believe , Louisville is one which used that system and they have had a waiting list for season tickets for a few years.

Thanks for the correct info.

FYI...UCF GKC Members can only purchase 4 tickets with their donation per section. If they want more than 4 in the same section..there is a scale of additional $$$ they most donate to be able to purchase more seats than 4.

Example: Take Section 129, 50 yd line area, East Side stands...those that had high priority pts, one had to donate $1,000 (yearly) to earn the rights to purchase 1-4 tickets.

If a fan wanted 8 seats in Sec 129 (and had high enough priority pts to select when available), one has to donate a minimum of $2,500 (yearly) in order to earn the right to purchase up to 8 seats in Sec 129.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Why are we comparing ourselves to UCF??? I have heard over and over again that we have moved past them on the field and off. Since that is the case why are we complaining about the donations, it's part of the process of build a strong sports program. There are seats to be had without a donation if you want them. I will remind you that when there are no tickets left you will be wishing the made the donation.

We've move past them on the field. But as far as fanbases go we're pretty equal. So it is fair to compare USF and UCF when it comes to season ticket holders and their contributions for seats. The same can be said for Miami, as they have a similar season ticket holder base.

I agree that in some areas the contrubition is a lot. And it may seem like it. But one day it won't be, and we'll all be wishing that that $1000 for 8 tickets still existed. At some of the really big schools (Michigan, Ohio State,ND, Florida, etc) they're paying $1000 per seat in some areas.

The key is to win and consistently. DO that and any booster fee will be old news.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

We've move past them on the field. But as far as fanbases go we're pretty equal. So it is fair to compare USF and UCF when it comes to season ticket holders and their contributions for seats. The same can be said for Miami, as they have a similar season ticket holder base.

I agree that in some areas the contrubition is a lot. And it may seem like it. But one day it won't be, and we'll all be wishing that that $1000 for 8 tickets still existed. At some of the really big schools (Michigan, Ohio State,ND, Florida, etc) they're paying $1000 per seat in some areas.

The key is to win and consistently. DO that and any booster fee will be old news.

Joe, I agree, but the other part of that is the sheer # of seats available.  I do not want to restart the OCS discussion, but I do not think we will see 30K season tickets until we have an OCS.

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

I have a question and don't know if its been addressed here before.  When purchasing season tickets, it requires a $1000 donation as well.  What happens to this money?  Is it used for general athletic funding, or is it earmarked for anything?  I don't think I've ever really heard what happens to the donation moneys.  Thanks.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I have a question and don't know if its been addressed here before.  When purchasing season tickets, it requires a $1000 donation as well.  What happens to this money?  Is it used for general athletic funding, or is it earmarked for anything?  I don't think I've ever really heard what happens to the donation moneys.  Thanks.

The athletic department has a kegger on your behalf.

Fixed spelling error.

• Content Count:  385

Than I need to donate more!

Archived