Season Ticket Sales

E.T.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  38,273
  • Days Won:  29

...  I think a lot of people just need a nudge and they would be on board.

And I don't mind nudging people.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I'll be getting 4 in about 2-3 years, when my brother can hop on board!

• Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

I bullieve that this year we will average over 35000 per game; what we need is for ever season ticket holder to tell everyone about games and the excitement.  Get everyone you can to come to the games!

• Content Count:  195
  • Days Won:  0

I think a lot of people just need a nudge and they would be on board.

If that is true, then why hasn't the ticket sales force been able to fill the stadium and have a people on a waiting list? ::)

Why is the AD so secretive about the number new tickets sold to date?  Could it be they are embarrassed by the results of their marketing efforts? 

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think a lot of people just need a nudge and they would be on board.

If that is true, then why hasn't the ticket sales force been able to fill the stadium and have a people on a waiting list? ::)

Why is the AD so secretive about the number new tickets sold to date?  Could it be they are embarrassed by the results of their marketing efforts? 

USF football is a tough sell for a big reason. People in this city have been around college football, and since the 80s in Florida 9-4 isn't the best year. While we, as Bulls fans, know it's unbelievable, the average fans doesn't contemplate it that way.

When USF starts to consistently win 9-10 games a year people will turn heads and start coming out regularly. However the Big 3 have set a bar of excellence that many are going to have to see from USF before the average fan starts jumping on the wagan.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

i know this has been asked before, but, if i were to end up getting season tickets, where are the best places for location, people, atmosphere?  since i've been in the student section since 2001, i've spent all but maybe 2 years in the endzone student section standing front row.

Comparing the student section to the rest of the stadium is apples and oranges. The best seating is in the club section seats, good view of the entire field. I'm not real keen on sitting down close to the field - though there isn't really a bad seat in the place. Each section has its share of plusses and minuses.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Another issue is that the better seats carry annual donations.  The donation levels are higher than similarly situated seats for UCF and Miami (at least from talking to friends who go to games at both schools).  If I were someone who wanted to go to Bulls games and would consider season tickets, I might take a step back when told that in addition to the ticket prices there was a $500 (or more) donation.  I might also think that I would just get individual game tickets on game days as the Bulls couldn't sell out the stadium due to the school's relatively small fan base and the size of the stadium.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Add four to whatever the count is. I'll be getting them in the next week or two.

I'll probibly still sit in the student section, but I figure I might as well start getting credit for having season tix. I mean I'll be at all the home games anyway, and Auburn, and the bowl game.  I'm also considering going to the Pitt game, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

My wife and I went from 2 to 4 and also upgraded to club level access.

I understand the pont that was made regarding the donor levels, but understand this. We donate because we want to, not because we have to. My donation serves two purposes: 1.) It enables me to get club access with great seats on the 30 to 35 yard line and priority seating for bowl games and new seats in an OCS. 2.) It enables the program to continue to grow and helps finance what has become the number one entertainment source for me and my family.

Obviously, at this stage in USF's development, you can walk-up on gameday and score a pair of decent seats. However, as the phenomenon that is USF Football continues to grow exponentially, gameday walk-ups will be a thing of the past. It might not be 5, 10, or even 15 years from now, but it will happen. I am only 25 years old, so I can still be patient. I still have 60+ years (hopefully) of USF Football to watch and I want to make sure I have a great seat to watch all of the action.

• Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

Another issue is that the better seats carry annual donations.  The donation levels are higher than similarly situated seats for UCF and Miami (at least from talking to friends who go to games at both schools).  If I were someone who wanted to go to Bulls games and would consider season tickets, I might take a step back when told that in addition to the ticket prices there was a $500 (or more) donation.  I might also think that I would just get individual game tickets on game days as the Bulls couldn't sell out the stadium due to the school's relatively small fan base and the size of the stadium.

San Jay

You hit it on the head USF asks for donations for most of the seats in the lower bowl except for endzones. This makes it harder to sell season tix.

For example to get seats on the visiting side around 50 yd line.

USF charges a donation of $2,000 to 3,500

UCF charges between $750-1,000

thats a big difference, so most new buyers will settle for individual game tix, or package deals that dont involve donations.

Archived