Bowl Scenarios for 2007

BullsFanInTX

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Here is how I see our bowl scenario's breaking down this year based on the records we might have.  This is not to say how we will do, but what bowl we will probably go to if we finish at a certain record.  Let me know if you agree and/or disagree...

6-6  -  No bowl, with a slim shot at leftovers from a conf. that can't fill all bowl slots.

7-5  -  Leftover bowl from a conf. that can't fill all the slots.  Slim outside chance at Toronto bowl (I just can't see the BE sending us here under very many if any circumstances).

8-4 - Pizza Bowl again.  Too bad the BE doesn't have the Houston bowl again this year, or I would say that is a possibility.

9-3 - 60/40 between Meineke bowl and Pizza bowl, with the Meineke having a slight edge.  If the BE gets 2 bcs teams the Meineke is a slam dunk at 9-3, otherwise don't be surprised if we are relegated to Pizza bowl.

10-2 - Definetely Meineke CC bowl.  Slight possibility of Sun bowl (10-20%), or BCS bowl (10%)

11-1 -  Sun bowl in the bag at least.  With this record, 25% chances of going to a BCS bowl, 10% chance of going to Gator Bowl.  BCS bowl more likely than Gator bowl.  This of course depends on who our loss is to - AU or in conference.

12-0 - (Hey we can dream).  BCS bowl, with a 30-40% chance of BCS NC game.  We would be coming from a long ways back, so getting to NC game probably harder than it would be for UL or WVU.  But I still would give us a shot based on the level of competiion we would have beaten - AU, UL, WVU, RU among others.  In the future if we go undefeated our chances would be much higher as more of a known commodity.     

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Here is how I see our bowl scenario's breaking down this year based on the records we might have.  This is not to say how we will do, but what bowl we will probably go to if we finish at a certain record.  Let me know if you agree and/or disagree...

6-6  -  No bowl, with a slim shot at leftovers from a conf. that can't fill all bowl slots.

7-5  -  Leftover bowl from a conf. that can't fill all the slots.  Slim outside chance at Toronto bowl (I just can't see the BE sending us here under very many if any circumstances).

8-4 - Pizza Bowl again.  Too bad the BE doesn't have the Houston bowl again this year, or I would say that is a possibility.

9-3 - 60/40 between Meineke bowl and Pizza bowl, with the Meineke having a slight edge.  If the BE gets 2 bcs teams the Meineke is a slam dunk at 9-3, otherwise don't be surprised if we are relegated to Pizza bowl.

10-2 - Definetely Meineke CC bowl.  Slight possibility of Sun bowl (10-20%), or BCS bowl (10%)

11-1 -  Sun bowl in the bag at least.  With this record, 25% chances of going to a BCS bowl, 10% chance of going to Gator Bowl.  BCS bowl more likely than Gator bowl.  This of course depends on who our loss is to - AU or in conference.

12-0 - (Hey we can dream).  BCS bowl, with a 30-40% chance of BCS NC game.  We would be coming from a long ways back, so getting to NC game probably harder than it would be for UL or WVU.  But I still would give us a shot based on the level of competiion we would have beaten - AU, UL, WVU, RU among others.  In the future if we go undefeated our chances would be much higher as more of a known commodity.     

Although the best case scenario would be the BCS bowl of course.  I had the greatest time in Charlotte 2 years ago and wouldn't mind going back (as a last resort).  Sun Bowl or Gator would be okay too.  LOL

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

BCS bowl is entirely dependent on our Big East performance, I dont really think any other games matter.  I can't see USF getting an at large BCS bid yet.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

^^You're right, I just don't see UL or WVU losing too many games, that is why I think it will take an 11-1 record, depending on whether the loss is in conf or out.

• Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

wow... I love how we have to win 10 games to go to the Car Bowl... YAY.. the peasants rejoice... Not impressed.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

wow... I love how we have to win 10 games to go to the Car Bowl... YAY.. the peasants rejoice... Not impressed.

Unfortunately the bowl tie-ins are not the best this year and BulllsFanTX may be entirely on the money here.  Winning 10 games and going to the Meineke Bowl looks about right.  I would love to see us run the table and go 12-0 but I don't see that happening.  Even if we win all our home games, we have a tendency to screw up at least one away game.  And yeah, it kind of s u c k s stinks to have to hope to get to the Meineke Bowl versus the Sun or Gator bowl.

• Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

Our staple bowl game will become the Orange Bowl or the Gator Bowl very soon.  We may get the N. Carolina - Charlotte bowl from time to time but I prefer Jacksonville for proximity and filling seats.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,273
  • Days Won:  29

Want to win the Big East and/or hope to meet up with up with UF/UM/FSU in a Bowl.

SOFAKING Excited about this season.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

It would be great to go to the SUNBOWL. I have heard nothing but good things about how the people in El Paso take care of that bowl game. Also, I wouldnt mind getting some good mexican food during the bowl festivities.

• Content Count:  3,185
  • Days Won:  1

I have a good feeling about the Bulls making it to a bowl game, and from what I hear on these boards Charlotte was a great town and I'd really like to visit there for a bowl game.  Of course, I'd like us to make it to an even better bowl, but El Paso unfortunately is out of the question for me unless the USF package is priced really well.

I could finally be able to make it to my first bowl game I and would do whatever humanely possible to make it to Birmingham, Charlotte, Jacksonville, or even Miami :cheers, but as long as it was within reason, I would be there no matter what.

Archived