Nice lookin site

warpigs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

Have to agree. Haven't been here in awhile, and got an email about the changes. Came to see the 'new' board. Very impressed.

• Content Count:  928

Just had another thought about your football program:

Who is your big rival or, barring a circle the date on the calendar matchup, who MUST be beat to keep the fans happy?

Jim pretty much answered it but here is my take.

If we lose to UCF, fans will be pissed. If we win, fans are like "whopty-do, we did it again". The match us is NOTHING like the Iron bowl but we do have one thing in common, the series has been completely one sided over the past years (2-0, Bulls). But it's only been going on for 2 years too.

Regarding the BE rivals, this is kinda how it's been in my experience. Rutgers is on par with us in a lot of areas, WBB, MBB, Baseball, and football. They've beat us more than we've beat them this past year and we're kinda battling for that a Top 3 spot with them.

We embarrassed Louisville two years ago and for roughly 365 days, they did not like us one bit. Until they killed us last year, and now their fans think of us as a non factor. It's completely the opposite with WV. In 2006 we weren't much of a factor until we beat them in 2007, now they have revenge on their minds but we're not going down that easily.

So, each year we beat a team we shouldn't and we lose to a team we shouldn't creating bitterness all over the BE, but recently we've kinda been on the outside looking in on the top 3 spots in the BIG EAST with Rutgers being the easiest to dethrone.

Keep in mind that we've only had a football team for 11 years and been in the BIG EAST for 2 seasons. These things will come, and my guess is that Rutgers stays up then we'll be battling it out.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Pardon my ignorance, but who the heck are the HOGS?

Now if you would have said Razorback's I'd have known. I kind of have a little spot in my heart for arkansas for spankning the crap out of Auburn last year. I have a good friend at Auburn and lov eto give her crap.  Can't wait to rub it in when the Bulls win.

• Content Count:  5

Thanks for the info guys! I noticed that there was a lot of animosity towards UCF on several of the threads here but, having seen both of your teams at our place, I didn't figure that was the rivalry (you guys seemed a lot tougher although they did bring a passing offense to our house that was fun to watch). UCF seemed like a team that you never want to play because, if you win, the fans yawn; but, if you lose it is a disaster.

Keep rubbing it in on those Auburn fans!! I must admit that is a tough thing to do because they are, for the most part, very nice people. The same thing happened when USF and Boise State came to town. The fans were so damned nice that it was hard to work up the appropriate amount of hate.

Archived