Nice lookin site

warpigs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

Just poppin in from the Hawgs Illustrated board to say hey. I haven't visited with you guys in awhile but I always have when I do. I am really looking forward to the season starting. What is the outlook for your Bulls and who are the impact players on your team. I hope to hear form you all soon.

GO HOGS!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,346
  • Days Won:  490

No mention of Stan Heath?  ???

Football - we should be alright, but I'll leave the details to our board experts.

Thanks for visiting.

I guess I just had football on the brain and it completely slipped my mind. I hope you guys are happy with the hire and it leads to much success. In general, were Bulls fans happy with the acquisition of Heath?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,346
  • Days Won:  490

By the way, thanks for the compliment on the site.

I think it is safe to say fans were ecstatic with the hire...especially when it appeared we seemed doomed to hiring that sissy from Winthrop, glad that didn't work out.

I've spoken in person to Stan Heath, I think his enthusiasm is much needed (certainly his recruiting record is), and he'll help energize our program and hopefully our lazy donors, er, the people that don't attend games but hold tickets.

It's a new era for Bulls Basketball indeed.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,273
  • Days Won:  29

Hope we can meet again on the field.

Go BULLS !!!

I too would like to see us meet on the field again. I would even like to see a little home and home contract but I imagine that is highly unlikely.

Heath was in a rough spot in Fayetteville. He was replacing a legend and trying to do it by playing a brand of bball that Hog fans hadn't seen in over a decade. But the man has class by the truckload and will never be suspected of doing anything that isnt above board. He has very strong recruiting skills and will greatly improve your teams base talent (that is no knock on your current team as I am completely unfamiliar with them) in short order.

Just had another thought about your football program:

Who is your big rival or, barring a circle the date on the calendar matchup, who MUST be beat to keep the fans happy?

You're opening a can of worms, here my friend.

I would say Louisville is fast becoming our "must beat" team... although at USF we tend to operate on a year-to-year basis still.  Moreover, I would say USF is not the "must beat" team for Louisville, making it hard to really say we have a mutual rivalry.

Most (if not all) of our fans would be very unhappy if we lose to UCF this year, but it's not really a 'rivalry' game as a large portion of our fans could care less about UCF.

In 2009, we start a 5-year series with Miami... which could be extended depending on ESPN's ratings for the 2010-2013 games.  That promises to be interesting, but we won't be Miami's rival.

You'll get an array of answers on the "rival" question.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Pardon my ignorance, but who the heck are the HOGS?

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Arkansas

Archived