Mike Jenkinds #1 Senior Corner Per Mel Kiper

Bull Dozer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I don't think this needs to be a who is better than who contest.  Both of these players are an important part of the team.  The fact that we have both of them is a good thing.  If I need someone to watch my back.....I'll take either one.   LOL

Good point.  The bottom line is that we have a good defensive backfield.

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I don't need to watch game film I was there.  Every time you saw a deep ball go up it was because a receiver Jenkins was covering was open.  Coaches picked on him frequently because trae was all over his receivers.

Trae > Jenkins

Nothing I hate worse then someone that is completely ignorant and void of fact perpetuating his personal opinion as fact.

Nothing you've said in this thread could be further from the truth and I know very little about sing-a-long-bull but at this point his credibility is shot with this thread.  My gosh sing-a-long I have a bit of advise for you....'sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut, or in this case posts, and let them think your stupid instead of opening your mouth, or posting, and proving them right.'  That adage is even stronger once convincing evidence has come forward to prove you wrong, i.e. don't argue or debate when you have nothing to substantiate your claim.  I spoke with Coach Douglass first hand about this topic.

P.S. I renew my request for you to go look at game glimpses of WVU, Trae Williams was actually burnt on both TD's but the most painful was the deep hot route to Myles....go watch Thorton of UCF blow by Trae Williams.  Go watch the ECU game for goodness sakes, it's 4th and forever and he let's their #3 receiver get behind him.

P.S.S.  let me also explain something that might get lost on your comprehension while analyzing my first request....who do you think was covering Reynaud of WVU (their #1 receiver) while Trae had Myles?  ANSWER- JENKINS (compare Reynauds and Myles stats for that game)....who do you think was covering Mike Williams (UCF's #1 receiver) while Trae got handled by Thorton?  ANSWER- JENKINS (Williams had a good game but he was also a 3rd round draft pick and an exceptional receiver).  Against ECU who do you think was covering Allison all game when Trae got dusted by a forgotten receiver, i think his name was Goode?  ANSWER- JENKINS (compare the stats again).

I don't think this needs to be a who is better than who contest.  Both of these players are an important part of the team.  The fact that we have both of them is a good thing.  If I need someone to watch my back.....I'll take either one.   LOL

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

You are so correct Mama, but to often on this board goofball posters like Sing-a-long hop on and act like they're an authority bad mouthing a player, coach, or call.  Quite often time proves them wrong but by then the myth they've perpetuated lives on. 

Jenkins by some is considered the best cover corner to ever play at USF easily, and in FL this year.  Every bit as good an athlete as Anthony Henry was with slightly more speed.  Trae Williams is an exceptional corner because he's a good student of the game and athlete but Jenkins is the superstar back there and no one, anyone that has half a clue knows that to be the case.

• Content Count:  4,503

Bien,  do you remember the conversation last year about Jenkins ?  I don't remember the poster but it was the same type thing.  Jenkins wasn't that good blah blah blah.  I guess there will always be folks like that.  jenkins has grown so much and is a joy to watch.  Williams is no slouch either.  We are lucky to have that much talent in the defensive backfield.

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Gotta agree with Bien on this one.  Jenkins is the better corner, and he definitely was on Allison in the ECU game.

dabull....I remember and everyone is entitled to their opinion although anyone that knows something about Bulls Football would tell you otherwise.

However, as I said earlier it annoys me to no end when guys perpetuate lies to make their feelings known.  Mike Jenkins was almost never burned deep last year, Trae Williams was no slouch but most of the deep burns were his, but I give Trae some credit because teams refused to challege Mike Jenkins side so he got picked on more.

• Content Count:  3,899

IMO, Jenkins is the better corner. Trae is good in his own right, but at least a few of his interceptions were tipped balls (i.e. the game clincher against West Virginia, right place/right time kinda deal). And I do vividly remember one deep ball thrown that Trae picked off with a diving play, with Jenkins also diving there, so either could have come up with it. Trae's hands are a little better, but Mike has the speed, strength, and agility edge.

But as stated by others, we have both and a top 10 secondary because of them, so who cares who's better? GO BULLS!!

IMO, Jenkins is the better corner. Trae is good in his own right, but at least a few of his interceptions were tipped balls (i.e. the game clincher against West Virginia, right place/right time kinda deal). And I do vividly remember one deep ball thrown that Trae picked off with a diving play, with Jenkins also diving there, so either could have come up with it. Trae's hands are a little better, but Mike has the speed, strength, and agility edge.

But as stated by others, we have both and a top 10 secondary because of them, so who cares who's better? GO BULLS!!

I don't remember the team, but Jenkins is the one that tipped the ball and Williams mad the INT in the end zone.  A lot of times Jenkins appears to be burned, but because he is so **** fast, he very rarely gets beaten.  When he tightens up his coverage like he did in the 2nd half of the ECU game and also in the 2nd half of the UCF game he shuts the recevers down completely.

Someone alluded to him catching runners from behind.  He seems to do this all the time.  My favorite was against Penn State when he ran the guy down to save a TD.  I believe the PSU guy running the ball was supposed to be the fastest incoming freshman in the country that year and Jenkins tracked him down like he was shot out of cannon.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,330
  • Days Won:  29

And before somebody claims Jenkins was a walk-on  ;)

He turned down Nebraska for USF ... not sure who else offered.

Go BULLS !!!

And before somebody claims Jenkins was a walk-on  ;)

He turned down Nebraska for USF ... not sure who else offered.

Go BULLS !!!

Clemson offered him and I believe, if he didn't come to USF, you would probably be seeing him on September 8 on the other side of the field.  If memory serves me correctly, his choices came down to Auburn and USF.

Archived