Future Bulls in North Carolina!

USFan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

Don't know if I'll make it down to Auburn, but if not, a watch party in NC is definitely in order.

NC folks (particularly those of you in the Triangle)--is anyone in or been in touch with the Raleigh Alumni Association? I sent an e-mail nearly a year ago now in attempts to make a connection either for watch parties or getting together to no avail. I'd love to see it grow into a Central NC alumni association since it looks like we're getting a critical mass in both the Triangle and the Triad now...

what is the Triad?  I believe the Triangle is UNC, Duke, and N.C. State, i could be wrong on N.C. State.  LittleDrummerBoy, how far do you live from American Hebrew Academy?  I was thinking of having a watch party maybe with the students in my house for the Auburn game, but not sure yet, all depends on if I have to be on duty that weekend or not.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,574

I believe the Triangle is UNC, Duke, and N.C. State, i could be wrong on N.C. State. 

bullzfan4life, yes and no.

It's more about the cities; Chapel Hill, Durham, and Raleigh.  But you are correct; those schools are located in the triangle (look at a map and you’ll see that the cities/schools create a triangle if you connect them).

The triangle area is rich in research/medicine... primarily because of those three schools.

• Content Count:  14

The Triad refers to Greesboro, High Point and Winston-Salem - how many Bulls do we have in the Triad?

• Content Count:  2,363

Sorry about the confusion--I forget about the fact that I'm talking NC speak and you're not in NC yet. But Fan and Quest told you right--the Triangle is Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, while the Triad is Greensboro-High Point-Winston Salem. As for American Hebrew Academy, it's less than 10 minutes away from me.

Quest--I can think of four other Bulls off the top of my head here--three other alumni and a former professor who's still down with the green and gold.

• Content Count:  339

I have a question that you guys may be able to help me out with, since I am making the move from Tampa to Charlotte, NC next week.  I am trying to decide on which TV package to go with in order to get maximum USF football coverage.  Do you guys get to see most of the games on TV up there via cable, satellite, or other?  Or do you just have to go to the bar everytime USF is playing?

Thanks for any info

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I have a question that you guys may be able to help me out with, since I am making the move from Tampa to Charlotte, NC next week.  I am trying to decide on which TV package to go with in order to get maximum USF football coverage.  Do you guys get to see most of the games on TV up there via cable, satellite, or other?  Or do you just have to go to the bar everytime USF is playing?

Thanks for any info

DirecTV.  With it you can get ESPN-U, Sun Sports, and all of the Fox Sports regional channels.  No cable service is going to offer that.

• Content Count:  339

Thanks Apis

• Content Count:  2,363

Yeah, the only Bulls I see up here are if we're on the ESPN family, and even with that, ones on the U I've got to go to a bar for. I caught Kansas this past year because Fox Sports played it as their Big 12 game, and I wouldn't be surprised if the game vs. Carolina's on here somewhere as well. Still, I think Apis probably told you best as far as what will give you the best coverage.

• Content Count:  14

So how many games are you guys goona make this year?  For those ones that we couldn't go in person we shoudl definately have watch parties~

• Content Count:  3,103

So how many games are you guys goona make this year?  For those ones that we couldn't go in person we shoudl definately have watch parties~

right now, hoping to come down for homecoming if at all possible, and thinking of Pittsburg if my friend is up there that weekend.  not sure bout any others as of now.

Archived