TheBullsPen.com Yahoo Fantasy Football

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98,368
  • Days Won:  490

I would like to invite all board members to use the Fantasy Football link upper right in the ad bar if you wish to play Fantasy Football this year.  League signups are underway.  Using the link will credit the site for your signup ($1.50) so please use it as well as ask your friends or league-mates to do so as well.

I didn't play last year, but did the year before and lost three times (playoof elimination was third) to MikeG.  I may be seeking some revenge this year.  Form your leagues - it would be nice to have at least one TBP.com league.

If you form a league or are looking to get into one, feel free to post here.

Yahoo! Fantasy Football

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

A bit early, but I've organized one every season from this site.  I'll probably be sending out a notice for it towards the end of July.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I'd like to join a Bulls Pen league.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I have never done this...is it hard?

• Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

I would like to invite all board members to use the Fantasy Football link upper right in the ad bar if you wish to play Fantasy Football this year.  League signups are underway.  Using the link will credit the site for your signup ($1.50) so please use it as well as ask your friends or league-mates to do so as well.

I didn't play last year, but did the year before and lost three times (playoof elimination was third) to MikeG.  I may be seeking some revenge this year.  Form your leagues - it would be nice to have at least one TBP.com league.

If you form a league or are looking to get into one, feel free to post here.

Yahoo! Fantasy Football

STAMPEDE!!!! 8-)

• Content Count:  201

I have never done this...is it hard?

Not really...my wife won our family league the year before last and she knows close to nothing about NFL. She did mediocre during the regular season then some of her players blew up for the playoffs. Takes more luck than skill in my opinion. I'm probably also a little bitter about losing.  ;D

• Content Count:  1,334

I'm in.  I will say that if you know your football very well, it isn't all that hard to have a winning record.  To win a league takes luck, especially in the playoffs.  In the league I was in last year, we had the guy with LT just tearing through everyone most weeks.  LT was getting 30 points in some weeks.  Then, in the championship LT puts up about 9 points only, marques colston doesnt get his usual numbers, his QB flops, and he had to say hello to a #2 finish.

No, I didn't win it either.  I got 3rd  :-/.

I'm in though for TBP league.  Hell, I wanna be in like 5 leagues this year.  I want to test a couple theories for player starts I have, and that's prolly the best way.  Also, I have too much time on my hands it seems.  Always.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Ill be willing to particpate in a league or two.  One of my normal leagues died due to loss on interest and some guys getting married.  

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

What is the basic premise - pick the team who you think will win it all?  Wouldn't that mean everyone would want the Colts or Patriots?

P.S. I don't watch pro football...sorry =/

• Content Count:  1,334

What is the basic premise - pick the team who you think will win it all?  Wouldn't that mean everyone would want the Colts or Patriots?

P.S. I don't watch pro football...sorry =/

I think this is a pretty good place to explain it.

Each league has a "draft".  With a given pick, you can pick any skill position player from any team, or a defensive unit.  In my league, a fantasy team consisted of 1 QB, 3 WR's, 2 RB's, 1 TE, 1 K, and a defensive unit.

Touchdowns are worth 6 points.  Depending on positions x amount of yards = 1 point.  Turnovers are 2 points (or -2 if the player you have turned it over)...you get the idea.

You get more roster spots than you have starters.  By doing this, you can swap players if you think someone else on your roster will put up more #'s that week.  For example, say you have both drew brees and carson palmer as QB's (not likely, but bear with me).  In that week, the saints are playing the patriots, and the bengals are playing...the lions.  You'd normally want to put palmer in the lineup in that situation, because he'd likely score more touchdowns.

The final thing to consider is that you can drop players and add free agents as often as you like.  You wouldn't want to drop your premier players, but you can drop your borderline players to add borderline players with easier matchups for that week.  The other thing with FA is that people miss good players sometimes because they aren't paying attention.  Last season, I added marion barber III out of dallas as a FA.  He didnt get huge yardage, but he had one of the highest rushing TD totals in the league last year.  Only a couple backs had more fantasy points, and I got him for nothing (eventually dropping edge james because barber was too much better!!!).  You always want to keep you eyes on not well-known players that have been showing a trend of good #'s.

The more you know about football, the easier it is to find the players most likely to score that week.  It is, however, still up to chance to an extent.  It's not like you can steal gameplans from coaches, so you don't know 100% how a given player will be used and what personnel will be matched up on to stop him that week.  This is especially true of random #2 WR's and such...they're a crapshoot but sometimes your best bet.

Archived