The Sporting News Ranks USF 21st

Jim Johnson

Guest BasketBull.

That makes at least 2 respectable sources that have USF on the top 25 for next year (National Champs. Net).

I think we might see USF on the AP or the Coaches' top 25 poll if the momentum picks up by fall.

That's been one of my sports dreams for my beloved Bulls!  8-)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

This year is the first one that USF will legitimately be a target more often than the underdog.  It'll be interesting to see if the team can handle the pressure while wearing the old "Bullseye".  Success in September is crucial if we're to stay in the national spotlight.  

• Content Count:  21,566
  • Days Won:  10

Guys, lets keep USF off the Top 25 so that we sneak up on Auburn.  Then we can be ranked Top 25.  I think it comes down to Coaching and execution for the players.  Does Grothe deliever more than last year, do we get a suprise from Ford and the other backs and does our special team at least hold their own.  These are questions that the season will answer, but my feelings is lets stay below the radar until we play Auburn then after that I don't care.  

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Guys, lets keep USF off the Top 25 so that we sneak up on Auburn.  Then we can be ranked Top 25.  I think it comes down to Coaching and execution for the players.  Does Grothe deliever more than last year, do we get a suprise from Ford and the other backs and does our special team at least hold their own.  These are questions that the season will answer, but my feelings is lets stay below the radar until we play Auburn then after that I don't care.  

I agree with you about staying under the radar......BUT.......I don't see that happening any longer.

MG is a known entity now as is Ford.  However, at some point we are going to be one of the "teams to beat".  Isn't that awesome!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  928

Top 25 or not, WV was the last team we'll ever sneak up on again.

But maybe a Top 25 might help the overlook factor...Remember when Rutgers walked on the field last year and we all chanted "over-rated"

• Content Count:  21,566
  • Days Won:  10

Ok, valid points.  I know that WVA and Louisville will not take us for granted, I was hoping Auburn would.  By the way, David Fox on Rivals said we have lost to Auburn before.  I don't think that is true. Below is his section.

"Toughest game: South Florida's trip to Auburn on Sept. 8 is a potential program-defining game. The Bulls are in position to field their best team in school history this year, but USF has a long track record of struggling outside of its conference in road games. Since 2002, USF has lost on the road to Auburn, Kansas, Miami, Penn State, South Carolina, Alabama, Oklahoma and Arkansas. "  by David Fox of Rivals

Ok, valid points.  I know that WVA and Louisville will not take us for granted, I was hoping Auburn would.  By the way, David Fox on Rivals said we have lost to Auburn before.  I don't think that is true. Below is his section.

"Toughest game: South Florida's trip to Auburn on Sept. 8 is a potential program-defining game. The Bulls are in position to field their best team in school history this year, but USF has a long track record of struggling outside of its conference in road games. Since 2002, USF has lost on the road to Auburn, Kansas, Miami, Penn State, South Carolina, Alabama, Oklahoma and Arkansas. "  by David Fox of Rivals

That should be Arkansas, not Auburn.

• Content Count:  3,103

"Toughest game: South Florida's trip to Auburn on Sept. 8 is a potential program-defining game. The Bulls are in position to field their best team in school history this year, but USF has a long track record of struggling outside of its conference in road games. Since 2002, USF has lost on the road to Auburn, Kansas, Miami, Penn State, South Carolina, Alabama, Oklahoma [highlight]and Arkansas[/highlight]. "  by David Fox of Rivals

That should be Arkansas, not Auburn.

what we need to hope for is for Grothe to have a good season, and not a soph. slump.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,270
  • Days Won:  29

How can anyone NOT want a Top 25 ranking ... we're not gonna sneak up on anyone. We didn't against WVU last year - the better team won.

Did Cincy sneak up on us last year?

WHEN we beat Auburn, it will be because our players played better and our staff prepared and coached better ...

AND H.O.T. was Rockin' !!!

Go BULLS !!!

I really think that with the offseason press when been receiving and the preseason mags giving us nice rankings, it will help us in the preseason polls that "count".

I want to start PreSeason Top 25 ... it's a good year to start a streak of consecutive weeks ranked 8-)

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Someone has us ranked in the preseason?  Great.  Wonderful.  Now, let's see the team execute and end the season ranked.  That would be better.  Press is good, but I wanna see it justified, earned, and sustained.

Archived