Glover Considers Transferring Because

BULLfreak

Guest JulmisteForPrez

???

If the kids grandmother is sick and it's the person that raised him he better freaking transfer!!!  Hell, I want to transfer over there to be with her.

Okay, ummmm.....

You do realize that Elon would be 4+ hours FURTHER AWAY from her than he is as we speak, right?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Will this be a huge loss for us?

• Content Count:  195
  • Days Won:  0

Will this be a huge loss for us?

That's something we will never know.

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

at this points just wish him good luck

• Content Count:  4,016

Now per Greg's blog he may go to Elon which is in North Carolina.  Kind of looks like he is looking for PT?

Geepers creepers, Mr. Wilson!

Could it be that my hypothesis was spot on?    :o

Sure looks like it, huh?  

Wow.....all the merciless flack I received for connecting the dots and calling this weeks ahead of time all seems so...........oh, I don't know............WRONG now.

Even if he doesn't end up transferring to Elon (which it looks like he probably will), this just shows the ol' "sick grandmother" thing (while probably true) was an early attempt to -- dare I say it again -- "save face" for the real reason of playing time.

If he's willing to go to 11 hours from Pensacola (about 4+ hours further than Tampa), I'd say the grandmother thing may not have been consideration #1.

I hate to say I told you so.................................but I did.   :tongue

Again a factless person spinning for the sake of what? 

BTW, Burnham thought enough of him to ask him to stay, and the only reason he's thinking Elon is Burnham's son is a defensive coach and has been begging him to take a look.  Might want to wait until he decides.  If he ends up going to Jackson State, and most expect, and he only visited Elon as a courtesy to Burnham....well what does that make of your hypothesis.

Book, I'd like you to meet cover.

• Content Count:  195

If granny truly was first and foremost...he wouldn't even bother taking a look at Elon which is over 200 miles further from her in Pensacola than USF is.  If a sick grand mother was a major concern for a player it would be thoughtless and down disrespectful of a coach to even suggest that the player visit a school much further away from her than he is now.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Now per Greg's blog he may go to Elon which is in North Carolina.  Kind of looks like he is looking for PT?

Sure looks like it, huh?  

Wow.....all the merciless flack I received for connecting the dots and calling this weeks ahead of time all seems so...........oh, I don't know............WRONG now.

Even if he doesn't end up transferring to Elon (which it looks like he probably will), this just shows the ol' "sick grandmother" thing (while probably true) was an early attempt to -- dare I say it again -- "save face" for the real reason of playing time.

If he's willing to go to 11 hours from Pensacola (about 4+ hours further than Tampa), I'd say the grandmother thing may not have been consideration #1.

I hate to say I told you so.................................but I did.   :tongue

BTW, Burnham thought enough of him to ask him to stay, and the only reason he's thinking Elon is Burnham's son is a defensive coach and has been begging him to take a look.  Might want to wait until he decides.  If he ends up going to Jackson State, and most expect, and he only visited Elon as a courtesy to Burnham....well what does that make of your hypothesis.

That's some awesome stuff there, Bien.

Nice attempt to keep making it look like you're some kind of insider.

:nope

Regardless of what happens, the fact that he is even considering a transfer to Elon is proof that the sick grandmother thing -- while being true -- may not be priority #1.

It does not matter if he ends up at Jackson State or Elon.  You guys hounding me about being a little skeptical has been proven foolish.  Could you actually be wrong for once?  Oh, certainly not!

Now then.....spin away, ol' chap!

:pick

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

At the end of the day, what does it really matter what his reason is? You know we are in bizarro world when the most sane post in the last page was made by smazza. Whatever is the right path for this young man, I hope he finds it and flourishes.

I love watching the pissing matches between you guys, but not when the end result is besmirching a young man whom you know nothing about. Lets just let this one go for now.  ::)

• Content Count:  1,479

Sure looks like it, huh?  

Regardless of what happens, the fact that he is even considering a transfer to Elon is proof that the sick grandmother thing -- while being true -- may not be priority #1.

It does not matter if he ends up at Jackson State or Elon.  You guys hounding me about being a little skeptical has been proven foolish.  Could you actually be wrong for once?  Oh, certainly not!

MAB, I will say this, apparently you were right. No spin there from me. However, you had no information, or you didnt share it if you did, that was the case when this first came up. Players HAVE actually transfered before due to a sick relative. Example: Tyrone McKenzie. I believe you also said in this thread, I'm not taking the time to look it up, that Pensacola isnt that far from Tampa, well compared to North Carolina, no its not. But again, nobody had that info at the time.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Sure looks like it, huh?  

MAB, I will say this, apparently you were right. No spin there from me. However, you had no information, or you didnt share it if you did, that was the case when this first came up. Players HAVE actually transfered before due to a sick relative. Example: Tyrone McKenzie. I believe you also said in this thread, I'm not taking the time to look it up, that Pensacola isnt that far from Tampa, well compared to North Carolina, no its not. But again, nobody had that info at the time.

You know what Andy, I never claimed to have some sort of special "insider" information.

Just for reference, here was my original post on this waaaaaaaaay back when we first started discussing it.

Hmmmm..........

Not like Tampa is an excessively long trip from Pensacola.

I agree, this might be an excuse to save face.

Either way, he gots ta do what he gots ta do.

Did you notice a few key things there?

How about the phrase such as...

"Hmmmmmmmmmmm"

"might be"

"either way"

I have never, EVER claimed to know something about that I did not know (much to the contrary of a few select Bulls fans on this forum).

It turns out my hypothesis was correct.  That's all I ever claimed it to be.  An educated guess.  My problem is with the guys here who blasted me and ripped me apart for throwing out such a possibility when I never claimed I knew it to be factual. 

How about another quote from yours truly from way back when...

You're not going to make me feel guilty about saying this "might be" an opportunity for him to save face.

It might be for all you know, and it might not be for all you know.

It would be great if some of you guys on these boards would realize that some have different thoughts based on the very small amount of information we as fans are given.  Some of you guys obviously want the others on these boards to think you have some "inside" connection to the program.

Please......give us a little more credit than that.

You don't know much, and I don't know much.  And we are free to make hypotheses as a result.

So I'm not an E.T.-bot.............life is good.

Spin that, guys.  :shhh

Archived