• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Some people on this board always amaze me . .  F'n sad  :-[

Personally, I blame you. You're so **** upbeat all the time that some feel the need to go out of their way to be dickheads to try and offset your overly happy demeanor about the Bulls. Lord knows why they think they have to do it, but that's the only possible explanation for some of the ***** activity on here at times.

Yes, Triple B, you are exactly right.

The sooner you come to grips with this, the better off you'll be.

You're such a positive, happy guy yourself.

I'll freely admit that when it comes to the Bulls, I do lean more towards the "glass half full" theory.

You never go off on people for expressing their opinions or anything like that.

The lifeblood of this board is people "going off" on other people's opinions. It would be pretty boring if we were all the sunny disposition of ET or all like you who, if there's a way to inject something negative into a USF related situation, you feel it's your duty to oblige. It takes all kinds and, bottom line, it makes for a vibrant board. It's all good. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Some people on this board always amaze me . .  F'n sad  :-[

Personally, I blame you. You're so **** upbeat all the time that some feel the need to go out of their way to be dickheads to try and offset your overly happy demeanor about the Bulls. Lord knows why they think they have to do it, but that's the only possible explanation for some of the ***** activity on here at times.

Yes, Triple B, you are exactly right.

The sooner you come to grips with this, the better off you'll be.

You're such a positive, happy guy yourself.

I'll freely admit that when it comes to the Bulls, I do lean more towards the "glass half full" theory.

You never go off on people for expressing their opinions or anything like that.

The lifeblood of this board is people "going off" on other people's opinions. It would be pretty boring if we were all the sunny disposition of ET or all like you who, if there's a way to inject something negative into a USF related situation, you feel it's your duty to oblige. It takes all kinds and, bottom line, it makes for a vibrant board. It's all good. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

:Shhhh

You're starting to make less and less sense.

:Shhhh

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,278
  • Days Won:  29

...when it comes to the Bulls, I do lean more towards the "glass half full" theory.

... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

The glass is over flowing  :)

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, debating about positive and negative posters.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I draw the line when some try to spread things as truth or their opinion as being MORE VIRTUOUS and yet it's based on zero proof or realistic facts, or evidence.  And that includes a positive or negative poster, but typically this comes from the negative side.   For example someone can say Leavitt sucks....compared strictly on wins or losses to say Bobby Bowden one might have a case, compared to the last 20 schools that have jumped to 1-A in the past 20 years and we see that isn't the case....relativity is a marvelous thing.  I've found more often then not the negative folks are negative not because of some tangible inherent defect in the football program or athletic department, but rather because either they don't understand the what's and why's, or they want instant gratification and are unrealistic in their expectations and comparisons.  That is sad, but sadly to me that's more of a casual fan too.

I can relate to ET, and Triple's infectious attitudes because I compare this program and athletic department from a relative perspective.  I realize we've got to look at the development as a marathon not a sprint to truly measure the success and development.  Others want instant gratification, hey welcome to America and Generation X, or Y, or Z...if they can't eat, talk on a phone, play a game, or having a winning program immediately then they are disgruntled.  Not completely their fault when they were brought up from the Baby Boomers and my generation that worked hard to make everything smaller or bigger, faster, stronger, smarter, and nicer....even our athletes.  

Anyway, there's always a place for positive or negative approaches to anything providing either side is using similar comparisons and facts.  If one wants to argue that USF should be further ahead from a facilities standpoint and cite UCF as a fact...a negative tact, but a legitimate one too, and UCF is still a comp to USF from a program standpoint.  If one wants ot argue that USF should be further ahead of UF from a facilities standpoint, or beating them consistently...well that's negative and ignorant, these are the types of posts that become problematic.

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  3,714
  • Days Won:  2

Now per Greg's blog he may go to Elon which is in North Carolina.  Kind of looks like he is looking for PT?

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

wow if he transfers to an D-IAA does he have to sit out this up coming season

• Content Count:  3,714
  • Days Won:  2

wow if he transfers to an D-IAA does he have to sit out this up coming season

No, his first game would be against USF.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

???

If the kids grandmother is sick and it's the person that raised him he better freaking transfer!!!  Hell, I want to transfer over there to be with her.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Now per Greg's blog he may go to Elon which is in North Carolina.  Kind of looks like he is looking for PT?

Geepers creepers, Mr. Wilson!

Could it be that my hypothesis was spot on?    :o

Sure looks like it, huh?  

Wow.....all the merciless flack I received for connecting the dots and calling this weeks ahead of time all seems so...........oh, I don't know............WRONG now.

Even if he doesn't end up transferring to Elon (which it looks like he probably will), this just shows the ol' "sick grandmother" thing (while probably true) was an early attempt to -- dare I say it again -- "save face" for the real reason of playing time.

If he's willing to go to 11 hours from Pensacola (about 4+ hours further than Tampa), I'd say the grandmother thing may not have been consideration #1.

I hate to say I told you so.................................but I did.   :tongue

Archived