• Content Count:  33
  • Days Won:  0

what (who is) is ftu/ou/oc ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

what (who is) is ftu/ou/oc ?

Our friend smazza uses this to refer to UCiF.

Florida Tech University

Orlando University

Orlando College

• Content Count:  873

just look at all the tension between USF Miami and UCF on the Miami rivals board...it's like World War 3. These 3 schools really do hate each other.

AS much trash I talk and bad things I have said due to hating your program, I have to say that this is a great thing for your program. Some of your fans seriously disrespected my school and this is something that may have happened both ways and now it has grown.

One cant take away from this scheduling and how great it is with all the TV time. Please keep level-headed and understand we have some great games coming up too.

Its an exciting time for FL college football

Congrats

I look forward to the game at RJS . I will probably go to the miami ones since I am down here as long as there are no conflicts with the UCF games

PS THE WAR will never end, but the silver-lining is that it gives us something to pass time with....ARGUEMENTS!

Your school is a joke.

• Content Count:  2,726

Question, why is UCiF even mentioned on this board.  Are they just trying to rain on our parade.  

Why must they always be the fly in our drink?

They should just move on to FIU or FAU...

• Content Count:  1,259

We arent rivals with miami at all. Us calling them our rival is about the same as UCF calling us theirs. I hope that with this series a rivalry can develop, and the thanksgiving game can become something worth watching for casual fans, and we can be competitive, but at this time its really nothing but a strong out of conference game. We HAVE to beat them when they play here or we will be at risk of just becoming their UCF.

Not trying to be negative, im extatic about this series and i cant wait to watch these games. Hopefully we can buy out of the UF games because theres no way they are going to come here any time soon.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

We arent rivals with Miami at all. Us calling them our rival is about the same as UCF calling us theirs. I hope that with this series a rivalry can develop, and the thanksgiving game can become something worth watching for casual fans, and we can be competitive, but at this time its really nothing but a strong out of conference game. We HAVE to beat them when they play here or we will be at risk of just becoming their UCF.

Not trying to be negative, im extatic about this series and i cant wait to watch these games. Hopefully we can buy out of the UF games because there's no way they are going to come here any time soon.

I agree, we don't have a rivalry with UM yet, but I can see it in the future.  

I disagree with buying out the UF games at this stage of the game.  We need to play them and we need to also play FSU (those wimps) in order to cement our standing as a top football school in the State of Florida.  I would love to see UF come to Ray Jay and play us......but I don't see that happening anytime soon.  

In the meantime, I bullieve that the team and athletics department are moving in the right direction!

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

We need to do our part to in continuing to win, moving up and being ranked consistently.  If we can do that and truly make a national name for ourselves, games against UM, UF and FSU become interesting on a national level and then we will get the TV networks on our side to make these games a reality on a regular basis.

In my opinion, for whatever reason, this series of games with Miami happened because ESPN saw the potential in our program and  was able to push it over the top to get it done.  As some of the Miami fans have stated, other than an in-state opponent, a series doesn't really have much appeal for them or really anyone other than USF.  ESPN is banking on the fact that we will continue grow as a program.

Since our game with UF has been moved back, I would not be surprised to find out that Miami agreeing to this deal is part of some kind of deal that was worked out with ESPN/ABC and Florida to give them what they have been seeking, a regular series with the Gators.  

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

...ESPN saw the potential in our program and  was able to push it over the top to get it done.  As some of the Miami fans have stated, other than an in-state opponent, a series doesn't really have much appeal for them or really anyone other than USF.  ESPN is banking on the fact that we will continue grow as a program.

Since our game with UF has been moved back, I would not be surprised to find out that Miami agreeing to this deal is part of some kind of deal that was worked out with ESPN/ABC and Florida to give them what they have been seeking, a regular series with the Gators.  

I have to agree with you on this one.  Things are looking up for USF!

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I disagree with buying out the UF games at this stage of the game.  We need to play them and we need to also play FSU (those wimps) in order to cement our standing as a top football school in the State of Florida.  I would love to see UF come to Ray Jay and play us......but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

The latter portion of what you said is the EXACT reason why we should look to opt out of the UF games. They won't come here.....EVER. I can understand why we signed the 2 games back when we did, but times have changed and the philosophy of USF Football has changed for the better. Miami can give us 1 for 1's, so there should be a way to play UF or FSU 1 for 1 as well, especially with the addition of the 12th game. Since FSU seems to be currently unwilling to go for a 1 for 1 and UF will not some here we should not play them on their terms.

Archived