Updated Future Schedule

Guest Sprtsfn627

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

There is supposed to be a 5th game for the C-USA thing, but Banowsky was quoted a while back saying he more than likely wouldn't hold us to the 5th game.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,345
  • Days Won:  490

Why would we not play UF in 2009 when Grothe was a Senior and move the 2010 game.  I don't understand the thinking behind that one.

Seeing as to how both games are in Gainesville I would think that this will be put off long enough until the point comes where both games are bought out.

As much as I would like to have a chance to kick the Gators' ass and as much as we once needed this game, I say cancel it.  I like the fact we don't take the one-sided deals and would be happy to cancel this one.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,885
  • Days Won:  6

The Big East may shake the scheduling up starting in 2009 . . . just something to consider.

I thought it was in an earlier post that 2009 is the year that the BE will change the rotation and possibly the number of home/away games so we could have 4 BE home games that year which would give us 7 home games - woo hoo!

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

As much as I would like to have a chance to kick the Gators' ass and as much as we once needed this game, I say cancel it.  I like the fact we don't take the one-sided deals and would be happy to cancel this one.

I think the buyout is really expensive. Not sure the school would be willing to throw that type of money towards the Gators just to get out of a game. Instead they spread them out so we don't have to go to Gainesville 2 years in a row.

Most teams have trouble winning there. Back to back seasons games there would be tough.

Plus are we guarenteed to get that quality of opponent in return? Miami and Florida are really the only future out of conference games after this season with teams that really are seen in the top 25.

Playing the Michigan State, NC State, and Indiana's are fun, but they're also historically below average to aweful programs. USF needs a Florida on their future schedules...for now at least.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Hope to hear more soon, why else would the IN & UF game be moved so far ?

I might have an explaination for this and it might come from Indiana's side.

In 2010 they are scheduled for road games @ Western Kentucky and @ Central Michigan. I think they want to move one of those games to 2011 and push USF back so they aren't playing 2 out of conference road games that year. My guess is USF was willing to comply.

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

WARNING: 2010 will by far be the Bulls biggest test ever! We have away games @ UF, Louisville, Miami, and West Virginia. I look forward to the challenge and to how the Bulls will succeed.

after 2 years of ridiculously easy schedules

i bet  leavitt moves uf game

I could care less if we ever play UF.  Foley refuses to schedule a game in Tampa.  This deal was signed when we had very little bargaining power.

I like how UM is man enough to travel to Tampa, but that is typical of UM.  UM has never shied away from traveling on the road.  Their less that stellar home attendance for non FSU, UF or VT games is probably a factor in that, but give UM props for never saying "never in Tampa" like Foley.

I have said it on many occasions in the past, but the program that we should model ourselves after in this state is UM.  We are both in huge metro areas that have to compete with multiple professional teams as well as alumni from other in-state schools.  We have the advantage of a large alumni base because we are as state school, while UM is a small private school.  UM recruits everywhere and never settles for just "cast offs" of other Florida schools, which was suggested by UF & FSU fans when USF started their program.  UM usually dominates in recruiting in their part of Florida, and USF should aspire to dominate in recruiting in the Florida Gulf Coast area.  UM has won multiple NC, and USF should aspire to the same lofty goals.  The one thing we need to do better than UM is to put more butts in the seats, and that should not be a problem as long as we keep winning.

Another thing, UM keeps reloading no matter who coaches that team.  I know it is heresy to speak of CJL leaving, but if CJL ever leaves or retires, then USF should just reload and keep going like UM.  UF has had moderate success with that, and who knows about FSU?  I predict that they will be in big trouble when St. Bobby steps down, unless he decides to coach until he has a heart attack on the field and they bury him in the end zone.

while i agree with alot here

UF is a top program and it is a great opportunity to play gators anywhere

us fand other big east teams need to take on top national programs anywhere anytime

The Big East may shake the scheduling up starting in 2009 . . . just something to consider.

I would love to play UNC for 2 more games, especially if Davis builds a very good team.

Hope to hear more soon, why else would the IN & UF game be moved so far ?

Go BULLS !!!

usf needs to start scheduling top national teams

to keep playing tarheels would be a disaster.

usf needs to play tar heels in basketball

tennesse-martin

what division is this school

4?

does usf think they will be fooling their fan base?

I think the buyout is really expensive. Not sure the school would be willing to throw that type of money towards the Gators just to get out of a game. Instead they spread them out so we don't have to go to Gainesville 2 years in a row.

Most teams have trouble winning there. Back to back seasons games there would be tough.

Plus are we guarenteed to get that quality of opponent in return? Miami and Florida are really the only future out of conference games after this season with teams that really are seen in the top 25.

Playing the Michigan State, NC State, and Indiana's are fun, but they're also historically below average to aweful programs. USF needs a Florida on their future schedules...for now at least.

cancel a game with a top 5 team? no way

usf should be thrilled gators will play usf

most usf fans would rather play fiu or fau it seems

Archived