Prado cleaning house

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  0

Does it make more sense though? Why would it be in his best interest to ask for a release if he was given a spot to stay? Makes me wonder..

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Think about it a little more Drewski, and I'll get back to you.  It makes sense to me.

• Content Count:  158

Thanks for all the support, guys, it was a great season... even if the stats didn't quite give the same impression. I went to walk-on tryouts in the fall for kicks more than anything, not really giving making the team a second thought, with academics always being priority. I plan on attending as many games as possible next year and supporting my team. I thank Coach Prado and Lazer for giving me the opportunity this year.

I'll comment on just a few of the posts here, with any insight I can offer, within the confines of loyalty to my former teammtes.

Dannehower left the team about a few week before the first game. Lau left about three or four series into the season. Billardello left after the Louisville series.

I do not believe LeRoy was intending on returning. Coffman was offered a release in the fall to attend a JUCO, but chose to return and redshirt this season. Soares' release came as a bit of a shock to some of us, and I haven't talked to him since, so I couldn't comment on his plans.

Braulio was offered a spot to return, but would compete for a job, as would Karns. As should be the case, life takes priority over baseball, and I know both will do great in whatever they decide to do. I know Karns is a very bright guy and an engineer, so he'll land on his feet just fine.

• Content Count:  4,642

wouldn't this dissuade recruits from coming here? (to see the coach hack off heads like this)

• Content Count:  828

wouldn't this dissuade recruits from coming here? (to see the coach hack off heads like this)

No. Because these were not the coach's recruits!

• Content Count:  213

Could this affect recruits coming here? As in any sport, the answer is maybe... for certain individuals. This answer comes from having seen HS coaches who see promises broken and other recruiters who will use anything against you...

The players all had an opportunity to contribute this year. Soares was somewhat of a surprise but he wasn't going to crack next year's infield (I'm not sure how many of this year's IF will crack next year's lineup) and it's probably the right thing to let him go where he can start for three years before the stupid NCAA (I repeat myself) rule on baseball transfers kicks in.

• Content Count:  1,433

Thanks for all the support, guys, it was a great season... even if the stats didn't quite give the same impression. I went to walk-on tryouts in the fall for kicks more than anything, not really giving making the team a second thought, with academics always being priority. I plan on attending as many games as possible next year and supporting my team. I thank Coach Prado and Lazer for giving me the opportunity this year.

I'll comment on just a few of the posts here, with any insight I can offer, within the confines of loyalty to my former teammtes.

Dannehower left the team about a few week before the first game. Lau left about three or four series into the season. Billardello left after the Louisville series.

I do not believe LeRoy was intending on returning. Coffman was offered a release in the fall to attend a JUCO, but chose to return and redshirt this season. Soares' release came as a bit of a shock to some of us, and I haven't talked to him since, so I couldn't comment on his plans.

Braulio was offered a spot to return, but would compete for a job, as would Karns. As should be the case, life takes priority over baseball, and I know both will do great in whatever they decide to do. I know Karns is a very bright guy and an engineer, so he'll land on his feet just fine.

Wags...best of luck to you.  And thanks for the great post...you're a winner.

• Content Count:  1,479

Thanks and good luck Wags.

• Content Count:  172

Sorry to hear about all of the guys not coming back, but excited to see what  coach Prado does to replace them. I cannot wait to see the team he puts together for next season. Best of luck to all the guys who are no longer with the program, and thanks for your contributions to USF. Go Bulls !!

Guest r_to_the_izzo

Little dissapointed in some of the statements I have been hearing from members who are still with the team. One starter mentioned he had a cruise to the Bahams next week, and was secretly hoping to lose.

As For Pardo, he was deciding between staying or transfering, and a teamate told him, " I dont fing care, transfer". I believe Pards is heading to UT.

Archived