Football: BULLS playing in Jacksonville ...

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,580
  • Days Won:  1

I'm sorry, but Alltel Stadium is not in the same class as RJS.  Add in the paper mill/coffee grind smell in the air and it's not even close.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I'm sorry, but Alltel Stadium is not in the same class as RJS.  Add in the paper mill/coffee grind smell in the air and it's not even close.

You don't smell either of those at the stadium. There's no paper mills near the stadium. As for the coffee, you can only smell it when you are right next to the plant or early in the morning. The wind blows the opposite way from the stadium.

I really can't believe people think RJS and JMS are in different classes. JMS has state of the art jumbotrons, state of the art electronic signs around the entire stadium, some of the nicest club houses and box seats in the league, and the BudZone party deck. How quickly people forget we had the Super Bowl a few years ago. If it was such a bad stadium, why would the Gator Bowl, UF-UGA, and the ACC Championship be played there; plus the upcoming FSU-Alabama game?

For future reference, it is no longer Alltel Stadium. The naming rights ran out and are currently being negotiated. Until then it is Jacksonville Municipal Stadium.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,269
  • Days Won:  29

I've never smelt the paper mills from the stadium ... and usually the camera spots some cuties sun bathing and put it on the big screen  8-)

Love it when they play Lynard Skynard at the games  ;D

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Of course I would go.

I would even go if we played in T-O for the International Bowl...

As much as I love the team, and I have been to both bowl games thus far; I have to admit that if we had to play in Toronto in the winter, I probably wouldn't go.     :(

I moved to Tampa 18 years ago to get away from winter.   I would be hard pressed to go back into that weather.   LOL

Of course I would go.

As much as I love the team, and I have been to both bowl games thus far; I have to admit that if we had to play in Toronto in the winter, I probably wouldn't go.     :(

I moved to Tampa 18 years ago to get away from winter.   I would be hard pressed to go back into that weather.   LOL

The stadium is indoors... and they have a rapid transit system as well.  It's not as bad as you might think...  plus Toronto is a great city ... with a lot to do... like NY or Chicago

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Love it when they play Lynard Skynard at the games  ;D

"Sweet home Alabama", the unofficial national anthem of the South. Just play those first few notes, and everyone gives a *WHEW*,

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Of course I would go.

[highlight]The stadium is indoors[/highlight]... and they have a rapid transit system as well.  It's not as bad as you might think...  plus Toronto is a great city ... with a lot to do... like NY or Chicago

I might have to re-think my position then.  I have no doubt that Toronto is a cosmopolitan city with many attractions.  Just the thought of being up north in the winter makes me shiver.  LOL  

Archived