Contest: Are you the #1 Bulls Fan?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,185
  • Days Won:  1

OK, here's my deal.  I have been a fan of Bulls athletics since the year 2001 when I attended my first USF football game while still in high school.  After that year I've gone to at least 1 game every season since (all home games in 2003 and 2004 when I was a student there).  I was so hooked on being a Bull that at the time of applying for college, I applied only to USF, and thats all (thankfully I got in...lol)

While a student at USF from Fall 03-Spring 05, I did whatever I could to go to as many athletics events, including volleyball, soccer, mens and womens basketball, baseball and such.  Being a member of the 2003 HOT really gave me a sense of school spirit, but due to academic commitments, I had to back out of participating in future years.

Unfortunately, the large university life was not for me, and luckily I realized at the right time and transferred to Saint Leo University.  Although I attend a different school, I still bleed green and gold, so much even that I wore a USF golf shirt to my interview into the sport management department and was questioned as to why I wore it there.  My response was "even though a person may leave USF to take advantage of a different opportunity, everyone leaves a piece of themselves there.  Once a Bull, always a Bull."

All and all, I am still a Bull, and always will be.  I still do my hardest to go to at least one home football game (most likely West Virginia this year), and maybe finally I can make it to the bowl game (I couldn't make the past 2 due to prior family trips to Michigan for the holidays)  Once I graduate and get on my feet, I plan on becoming a football season ticket holder, hopefully within the next season or so.  

GO BULLS!!!!!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,482

usfbulls0208, my first game was in 1996 (a scrimmage at sarasota high school) i was 5 years old. since then ive only missed 3 home games. i try to convince my parents to drive me to any other usf sporting event. but they usually say no. my room is painted green and gold. i have 9 usf posters on my wall and numerous newspaper articles hung up. my jim leavitt/andre hall signed hat is displayed in the center of my room. i have my meineke bowl ticket framed. i never make any plans with friends on saturday nights. even on bye weeks.

1402124048_l-1.jpg

1094120088_l.jpg

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,336
  • Days Won:  490

1) Bulliever - Started as a hoops fan in '79-80, became a Bulls football fan the moment USF Football was a go.  Also attended baseball and women's volleyball.  Currently a USF alum and a tele-fan that gets to a few games a year, but fortunately am able to pick up most games on satellite.

2) Activities still in memory today:  For a while held season tickets to basketball and football until moving out of the Tampa area.  Attended every game of the Inaugural Football season - home and away - drove to every road game with the family.  As a fan, hosted football and basketball watch parties around campus at various restaurants - met a lot of people and had a lot of fun doing so.  Hosted a watch party at my house for the Arkansas game, we lost but dined on plenty of pork and pork by-products.  Was a "founding member" (followed E.T.'s lead) on the BullBackers club.  Got a little involved in the GreenbergOpolis village (at the hands of BasketBull.) in trying to get them a little publicity and interest across the donor base - again met some passionate Bulls fans.  Funded and arranged funding for some of the early student trips to road games - again, it was fun knowing you could help send an enthusiastic group of fans to a road game and then sit back at the watch party (or listen on the radio) and hear/see them go nuts.  Which reminds me of the early EARLY days some of you were not around for.  The chat room we still use today was the gathering point for away games.   Since there was little internet radio (no Press Pass of course), one of us would listen on the over-the-air radio and type the play-by-play to the rest of the folks in the chat room.  Hard to believe, but true - there were Bulls diehards from around the globe that followed by reading the text in the chat room.   Going to the bowl game was a terrific experience.  We flew from AZ to Charlotte - wouldn't have missed it for anything to witness our first bowl game.  Recently went to my first alumni auction and found yet another FUN way to support my alma mater.

Some great memories being a Bulls fan, with hopefully greater memories to develop in the near future.  I wish I had done more than I did when I did live in Tampa.  You realize how much you enjoyed being there after you move on.  

3) On the final point, however, I can not lay claim to being the #1 Bulls Fan, so I'll remove myself from that part of the contest.   I already know who I would vote for and it isn't myself.  

We've got some great fans on here, I look forward to reading everyone's individual story.

• Content Count:  3,416

I am enjoying this thread...  I will cast my vote for Mutt and Coach... Pound for Pound they are #1!

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,336
  • Days Won:  490

Who can forget mutt on the bigscreen at the Meineke Bowl?  Even with therapy and other treatment, I can't forget it!

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Who can forget mutt on the bigscreen at the Meineke Bowl?  Even with therapy and other treatment, I can't forget it!

Yea thats right...wasnt he voted as the most spirited fan there?  I remember that...

Funny stuff...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,269
  • Days Won:  29

He was actually beat out by a wimpy local State fan  :P

Mutt is the Man !

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

FCUK NC STATE!!!

I can't wait to play them again!

• Content Count:  6,580
  • Days Won:  2

The 4 of us are huge football fans. We have had season tickets (since day one for my spouse and I and since season 2 for our boys ages 14 and 16) We have never missed a home game and go to as many away games as possible each year, as well as both bowl games and are planning to go to Auburn, FAU, and Pitt as well as the Bowl Game.   We even take other kids to the games.  Josh's room is Bulls green and he has most of the walls covered with Newspaper articles and pictures as well as autographed posters and pennants.  He wears Bulls beanies most of the time and owns more than 6 replica jerseys as well as the #8 Jersey. We tune in to the other sports on TV and radio as much as possible.

• Content Count:  9,038

1. crambone - I've been a fan of USF since I graduated.  I only went to ONE game while I was attending USF, the crappy Army loss that broke our streak.

2. I have attended EVERY home game since I graduated in 2004, and I have travelled to Miami, UCF, North Carolina, and both bowl games.  I am going to Auburn and FAU, and 99% to Pitt.  I went to every home basketball game our last year in C-USA.  I nearly got arrested at RayJay during the FIU game last season for being sh1tty with one of their fans...the trooper asked for my ID, took down my information, but left it at that.

3. I am the most #1 USF fan because I have a CD of our marching band in my car...I play the Ocho at least once a week whilst in I-4 traffic!

I do have some confessions about the upcoming season though:

1. I am skipping my own mother's birthday for the Auburn game.  Yep, she was born on September 8th, and I love the fact that she understands my devotion to my team.  I really have to get her a NICE card, huh?

2. I am getting married this year, and when did I decide to do it?  October 20th...only one of two Saturdays this year where USF doesn't play.  I'll be able to watch us @ Rutgers on Thursday the 18th, get married on Saturday the 20th, and be back home from the honeymoon on Friday the 26th, just in time to watch the UConn game.

3. My soon-to-be wife also understands my craziness for USF, and she loves them as well.  She was born and raised an Ohio State fan (she is from Toledo and moved down here last year), and I say "great!", since we will probably never play OSU anytime soon.  That would be a great game, though...

GO BULLS!

Archived