• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  38,272
  • Days Won:  29

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Back looks great.... the front looks like a turd.

• Content Count:  384
  • Days Won:  0

THe back looks pretty good, but why dont you just have Tampa home of the Bulls.  Tamplona is a little on the Cheesy side, sounds like colliding tampa and Barcelona.  

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

THe back looks pretty good, but why dont you just have Tampa home of the Bulls.  Tamplona is a little on the Cheesy side, sounds like colliding tampa and Barcelona.  

Yes it is cheesey and was came up with by combing Pamplona and Tampa.  ET is hell bent on promoting this nickname even though it is VERY cheesey.    

• Content Count:  17,675
  • Days Won:  13

it wont go anywhere.....

• Content Count:  866

By the way... you know what they do in Pamplona after they run the bulls?

They kill them.  In an ancient ritual to the cheers of the crowd.  And if the ritual is performed particularly beautifully, they cut an ear or two off and hand it to the guy who killed the bull.  

Not exactly the image I think we'd like to portray, but hey I just work here.  

The Running of the Bulls (in Spanish, el encierro - literally, "the enclosing" or also la pamplonada after the town). It involves running in front of bulls that have been let loose on a course of a sectioned-off subset of a town's streets. The most famous running of the bulls[1] is that of the nine-day festival of San Fermín in Pamplona, although they are held in towns and villages across Spain during the fiesta season, usually in the run-up to the corrida, or bull-fight, and in some cities in southern France, most notably Bayonne. Unlike bull fights, which are performed by professionals, anyone may participate in an encierro, and there is never violence towards the bulls  even tail-pulling is frowned upon. Injuries are common, both to the participants who may be gored or trampled, and to the bulls, whose hooves grip poorly on the paved or cobbled street surfaces.

Prior to the running of the bulls, wooden or iron barricades are erected along the route that the bulls will follow to block off side streets. To allow runners to quickly enter or exit, the gaps are narrow enough to block a bull but wide enough for a person to slip through.

A rocket is set off to alert townsfolk that the bulls have been released, though shouts of "¡Ahí va! ¡Ahí va!" (There it goes, there it goes) farther up the street indicate the bulls are near. Those not intending to run quickly head for the barricades or climb onto balconies.

The bulls often become separated and stop running, preferring instead to charge goading spectators. For this reason, a herd of steers are released in a second wave to collect strays. A run is considered good if the bulls flow swiftly.[citation needed] When bulls are distracted along the way, the run gets more dangerous. While many think it is good luck to touch a bull, aficionados frown upon this as it can distract the bull.[citation needed]

The running of the bulls ends with the bulls returning to the bullring. The bulls are then guided out and some of the runners remain in the ring. Usually bulls or calves are released back into the ring and the remaining runners tease and goad the bulls for the amusement of the crowd.

Wikipedia may not be 100% accurate... but this is the description of "Running of the Bulls"

• Content Count:  1,911

ET...you promised the last thread was the last Tamplona thread. You lied to us :(

ET...you promised the last thread was the last Tamplona thread. You lied to us :(

I think you better use your education and re-read the thread  ;)

And since I am educating people here ...  8-)

In Pamplona, the Bulls get killed, same as in other parts of Spain, Mexico and many other latin countries where Bull fighting is legal.

Bulls are not killed in many other cities, especially in cities that are in the Big East - AND BULLS are not killed in Tamplona.

Get it  ;)

::)

Go BULLS !!!  :GoBulls

... but this is the description of "Running of the Bulls"

And USF has been using this term for years ... I don't think people associate our slogan "Running of the BULLS" (as some even use the nickname here) as we are coming into a stadium to get slaughtered.

::)

It is used as "The Running of the BULLS" when BULLS are stampeding over people in their way.

Pamplona also has a huge tomato "food fight" in the town square during the festival ...

Granted it's a cheesy nickname, most of my thoughts are cheesy, so when I heard it, I liked it and like it to this day.

Is a Bull Dozer suppose to be a BULL that movers dirt, or just a BULL that sleeps alot ... ?

;)

We could harp on many nicknames on this board ... because most are cheesy.

Just be sure to wear BULL gear always to help with our name recognition, because I'm wearing Tamplona gear about 10% of the time.

;D

Archived