USF Alumni Association - Hotel Rooms

Jim Johnson

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,589
  • Days Won:  13

Merrell Dickey with the USF Alumni Association is working to put together some room rates for USF road trips:

I will update this post with more info as I get it:

Auburn - September 8

T.B.A.

Florida Atlantic - October 6

Hotel: Riverside Hotel

Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL / 8.2 miles from Lockhart Stadium

The Riverside Hotel is in the midst of fantastic nightlife, shopping and is a short distance to the beach.  An added weekend bonus includes the nationally acclaimed Las Olas Fall Art Fair October 6 and 7.  You may choose to stay Sunday for this event.

To reserve your room at the Riverside Hotel and join in the festivities with alumni from around the country, call 954.467.0671 or 800.827.1585, ask for reservations and mention that you are with USF alumni.  Because of the game and the art fair, rooms will sell out quickly.

Guests will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the stadium.

Rutgers - October 18

Hotel: Hyatt Regency

Due to the popularity of the football games at Rutgers, the Alumni Association was unable to secure a block of rooms.  The current rate is $189.00 prepaid, non-refundable and subject to change.

Connecticut - October 27

Hotel: Hartford Marriott Hotel Downtown

The Alumni Association selected the Hartford Marriott Hotel Downtown, recommended by the U Conn Alumni Association.  The address is 200 Columbus Blvd , Hartford CT. 06103.

The hotel is not holding block rooms, but it is offering refundable and non-refundable rates. The reservation phone number is 1-860-249-8000.  To receive the best rates available and guarantee space, book your rooms as soon as you are able to do so.

Syracuse - November 10

T.B.A.

Because Pittsburgh is on a hoilday weekend, I don't know if the AA is organizing a hotel for the trip.  They will have tailgates at all 6 games.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Jim, have you checked these rates?  I know there will be some sort of Alumni discount, but these are alot more than what Bubbles had checked on.  For FAU, the Riverside's suggested price was around $245, compared to roughly $100.  Just wanted to throw it out in case you hadn't seen the pricetag.

• Content Count:  420
  • Days Won:  0

Jim, have you checked these rates?  I know there will be some sort of Alumni discount, but these are alot more than what Bubbles had checked on.  For FAU, the Riverside's suggested price was around $245, compared to roughly $100.  Just wanted to throw it out in case you hadn't seen the pricetag.

I just booked a room a few days ago at the Riverside for $179 per night. Make sure to mention that you are with the USF Alumni Association if you decide to reserve a room there.

The information above came directly from the Alumni Association...

I think Bubbles was suggesting a different hotel for the Bull Backers - hence the different price.

• Content Count:  2,719

Joe, typically the BBers have stayed at different hotels than the team has due to the fact they usually get a more expensive hotel.  Out philosophy has always been to get the fans to the game so we tend to try and find the least expensive route.  

You may already know this but I am just reemphasizing this for the new people.

• Content Count:  1,158

The Bulls Club travel information will be available shortly.  As usual we will stay at the team hotel for most trips and provide bus transportation to and from the game.  Check out BullsClub.com.  The Auburn trip information is already up.

Eric

Archived