MY TOP 11 USF MOMENTS

flsportsfan83

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,675
  • Days Won:  13

I need 15, I've been at this awhile.  

15.  2007 Big East Baseball Championship.  I’m really having fun up here, and this has great potential to move up the list.  But I’m superstitious regarding baseball, so I'll stop talking here.  

14.  2003 C-USA Men's Basketball Tournament.  The basketball was great, but the bars in Louisville were even better.  Great times.

13.  2005 Meineke Car Care Bowl.  Our fans owning that pep rally the night before was pretty awesome, even if our offense wasn't the following day.  

12. 2002 USF vs. Tulane men's basketball.  We drove up the night before from Tampa, hit Bourbon Street, took cabs to the game... and walked out on the floor of Fogelman Arena rather intoxicated to the delight of our team.  And we won the game!

11. 2003 Charlotte vs. USF women’s basketball.  Charlotte was 9-1 in C-USA, and we we’re 1-9.  We won by just 10, but the game wasn’t anywhere near close.  Seriously, I think maybe there were 40 of us in the stands.  One of those “you had to be there†moments.  No one saw it coming.

10.  2002 NCAA Volleyball Regionals vs. FSU and UF.  We played about as close to perfect that weekend as any team could, and the loss to the Gators in Round 2 doesn’t happen on a neutral floor.  Of all the teams in all sports I’ve seen at USF, that was the one that had more fun while they played than any other.  31-4 will do that.  

9.  USF vs. UAB men's basketball, 2002.  63 fouls called in a double overtime game we lose, but Jewbull starting a fight with Murry Bartow in the parking lot over the type of car he was driving, and Murry responding like an absolute jackass is still the funniest coach/fan exchange in the history of Division I.  The first of our student bus trips as well, which has been a great tradition we’ve kept going.  

8.  2002 C-USA Men's Basketball Tournament  vs. UAB and Cincinnati.  Fourteen of us, in Cincinnati, show up in orange jumpsuits and handcuffs in front of 13,000 UC fans.  Sure we lost, but we got our point across.  

7.  Louisville vs. USF football, 2005.  As soon as we ran back the second half kickoff, Ray Jay just became a party zone.  A nice way to introduce yourself to the Big East, and we basically played a perfect game.  

6.  USF vs. USC, women's basketball, 2006.  I finally got to see USF in an NCAA basketball tournament!  Great team, great time in Virginia, and if the refs don't blow a block/charge call on Jessica Dickson in the last minute, we probably win the game.  

5.  The buildup to the UF vs. USF men's basketball game, Dec. 8, 2001.  The party the night before at Greenbergopolis, despite the rain, was still the best party ever thrown at USF.  At halftime of that game, I hadn't slept in over two days.... but was sitting in the front row of a tie game on national tv against the hated Gators, and really thought we were going to get it done.  David Lee and Matt Bonner killed Cinderella, however.  

4.  2006 Duel in the Desert Men's Basketball.  Three USF basketball games, and my 30th Birthday in Vegas.  No further explanation needed.  

3.  USF vs. West Virginia football, 2006.  I was there.  Holy freaking crap.

2.  2005 C-USA Men's Basketball Tournament vs. Cincinnati.  I was there.  God that felt good, and it ended up being Huggins last conference game at UC.  Terrence Leather was completely unstoppable that night.  The final of UL vs. Memphis was still the most dramatic basketball game I've ever seen in person.  

1.  The day I unofficially found out we’re going to the Big East.  I was at work and was given a heads up, but couldn’t tell anybody.  Might have actually shed a tear.  I knew there was no turning back now, and we’d eventually one of the best in America.

I feel that there is alot more to #9. Please go on.... lol

That WVU game must have been amazing, I still kick myself for not going. We decided at the last min not to make the trip..... But I still have the ticket stubs.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  545
  • Days Won:  0

Alright here is mine...keep in mind that I have only been at USF for two years so my list will be recent.

10.  USF-UCF Baseball- Stan Heath was introduced the same day and he came by the SBC party and talked with us for a while and made us feel that he was gonna need our help to get everyone excited about basketball.  Great Guy.  Oh, btw we killed UCF so all was good.

9.  USF-UCF Football-  Great roadtrip.  I had a ton of fun and being able to ride back to the td waterhouse parking lot on the trolley with some USF chants was a great ending to an awesome day.

8.  Car Care Bowl-  First bowl game and my first roadtrip with SBC.  A ton of fun.  Collin knows all about how fun New Years was.  All I have to say is red rover and cop in riot gear.  GREAT night!

7.  SBC board member-  last year I got selected as a SBC board member and this was very big b/c I knew that i could now use my love for usf sports to make and organization even better.

6.  USF-G'town-  First BIG EAST win...thats all I got to say.

5.  USF-Notre Dame-  Like 83 said all the irish fans and to shut them up and control the game from the start with only a few scary moments.

4.  USF-WVA-  Biggest football win in history of USF only reason it is 4 is b/c i wasn't there.

3.  USF-Stetson-  Soccer NCAA tourney first round at home.  SBC had a party behind one goal where they set up bleachers for us and we heckled the goalie the entire game.  plus the columbia catered!!

2.  USF-UL-  Me and my friend were going in wondering how we could keep it close.  Best game I have ever been to and I was at the supre bowl.

1.  Papa Johns.com Bowl-  Birmingham sucked but I was there for our first bowl win.  I will always remember that game.

I am hoping to add to that list in the very near future.

• Content Count:  28

I'd have to agree with everyone's lists... but my #1 was the USF/WV game because it was on my wedding day!! So I guess its not just my #1 USF moment, but the best day of my life!!

Guest 1Bullsfan

How do you get married during football season? jk ;D It's awesome to see so many people with so many great memories of USF and their personal life! It reminds me of a story Dan Patrick did in Playboy. He said that on this first date, he kept going to the bathroom, but to really watch the NCAA championship game. After a few rounds, she asked "what's the score"? That woman is now his wife. It's amazing how life works out.  :)

• Content Count:  38,272
  • Days Won:  29

Great lists. As I am basicly a USF football fan, all has to do with our 11 year old program.

In no particular order.

• Our first ever football game. Crowd was huge and we became pioneers in a great young program. All the "firsts" we experienced.

• The win at home against L'ville in 2005. Just a total domination. And the first game my wife and I attended together.

• Watching USF beat pitt(2006) with my newborn daughter(born 30 October) ... we were dressed in our green bull t-shirts

• Beating So. Miss at home after the missed FG. Leavitt running on the field. Was sitting with Bulliever and we went down to the railings and were lifting players up. DANG! Whittaker was big ... and Blackwell didn't want anything to do with it - LOL

• My first road trip to watch our BULL beat our first c-usa team, Army. Crasy rain storm to start the day, but the game time kick-off was clear. Watching the cadets march around the river into the stadium. Then post tailgate outta my mom's trunk with Bulliever having a spelling contest with my 5 year old nephew(his first BULL game). Was there with my dad also - great family moment.

• Was at a wedding in NY and afterwards had my voicemail full of congrats about the USF victory at pitt.

• Beating WVU (2006) in Morgantown, where they hadn't lost in a very long time.

• Our first Bowl Game. Had just moved to Brasil and made the trip back - love my wonderful wife for understanding my passion for the BULLS. The Sheriff's and I's drive through Charlotte trying to find my hotel. Great time being with my BULL familia and then closing the year with a poker tourney with friends and media in the media hotel. I won!

• Watching our BULLS dominate ECU in our 2nd Bowl - a Victory! 1-1 in Bowls

• The UCF away game in 2006. Great atmosphere with a large group of Bulls. And T-man and I creating a new beer line undereneath when half-time was coming to a close.

• The OT win against L'ville in 2003.

• Announcement of becoming part of the BCS.

• Beating Top Ranked Troy at home in 2000.

• Three BULLS being drafted back-to-back-to-back! in the 2001 NFL Draft.

• Experiencing the home winning streak.

• Meeting new BULL friends through this site and tailgating

• Meeting former players at Bull Backer tailgates.

USF Football is a big part of my life and I am Proud to be one of the many pioneers that have been here since Day 1 and my many THANX to those that helped bring USF football from dream to reality!

:GoBulls

Sorry, 4got about the day I went to Tampa TSadium in the Spring of 1997 to pick my season tix and sitting in that seat and looking onto the field and imagining that first game. Being part of a program from the start is an amazing honor that MOST college football fans today do not have that thrill or privilege.

Game1Tix.jpg?t=1180196622

• Content Count:  1,812

I will take some peoples and try to add to it in no order:

-First ever game, stood on the bench seats the whole game.

-First road trip to first ever Div1 USF opponent- San Diego State- pit stop in Vegas

-Going to the game at Army and doing belly flops outside of the USF tent for beer- greatest place  to see a game as far as history. The train ride back to NYC was a blast.

-Going to the Rutgers game and meeting the AD and Pres of USF and winning

-2002 football season beating everyone including a ranked Bowling Green at home and only losing to Arkansas and Oklahoma on the road- Still think this is the best year ever for where we were.

-2003 football season first CUSA and a record 3 double OT wins- most enjoyable time ever for me at RJS was that season and those games

- The old "death row" behind the basketball bench cheering section that crybaby Huggins complained about for so long

-Beating Pitt in 2001 our first ever BCS win

- slamming UL at home when my friend from UCiF athletics called from his game and said we are finally beating Marshall and it is a big night for us- I said watch ESPN tonight and you will see what a big night is

- Beating WVU at WVU, held my breath for the whole 4th quarter.

- the frst 5 seasons sitiing with Matt and "phil Hartman" behind the opposing teams bench and heckling them all game long and the great signs Kip made. (I still sit there, They have moved on :()

Thats all for now

Herman when someone posts a top 11 USF moments on a board called "South Florida ATHLETICS Main Board" it is implied it would be about athletics

Herman when someone posts a top 11 USF moments on a board called "South Florida ATHLETICS Main Board" it is implied it would be about athletics

[smiley=roflmao.gif]

• Content Count:  919

This is a great thread.  I love reading positive posts.  I get too caught up in the negatives.

I appreciate everyone who posted a list - takes me back.  I'll just say my #1 was going back to Tampa for the first game against KY Wesleyan.  I was at USF during the petition and feasibility study and was so ready for USF Football.  I couldn't believe how many people came to that game, and saw a bunch of people I hadn't seen in years.  Great time.  And look at USF Football 10 years later.  Awesome.

• Content Count:  48

Here are mine...too hard to sort into order:

#s 11-2 (in no particular order):

• Beating Michael Redd and Ohio State in the Dome on my wedding night 11-23-96

I was almost kicked out of this game.  A couple of my friends and I went to every home game at USF and sat behind the stands, heckling the other team.  Most games were pretty sparsely attended.  By this point, Death Row had pretty much disappeared, and there wasn't much fan support at all, so my friends and I tried to keep things going.

For the Ohio State game, the stands were full of student "fans" who had never been to a game before.  We went and sat in the front row behind the basket, like always, and did what we always did--stood up and cheered USF while heckling the other team.  Some of the "fans" complained about us standing up, and security actually asked us to leave.  One of my friends left, while I just sat down and watched the game.

Seth Greenberg actually came up to us later and apologized to us for how we were treated, and said he'd make sure it never happened again.

This is one thing I always liked about Seth Greenberg.  He actually gave us cash to go buy a grim reaper outfit so we could start a new Death Row.  I wore it to every game my senior year (1997-98)

Archived