MY TOP 11 USF MOMENTS

flsportsfan83

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,675
  • Days Won:  13

Share yours as well.

11. USF-UNC FOOTBALL. Went on a trip with the SBC. Got to see the campus of UNC and DUKE. Awesome atmosphere. The game was also our first win over a BCS team. (not in the Big East)

10. USF-UM Baseball.... Maybe 3 years ago we played UM and split the series. The game I went to we won. It felt good to see my School beat my childhood team.

9. USF-ND 2007 Basketball. It really sucks looking around your home court and seeing tons of visiting fans, It was nice to shut them up. That was an exciting basketball game.

8. USF-UCF 2006 in Orlando. Was a very fun road game. The atmosphere there was almost what big time college football is. Every body was into the game, and we beat those bums from UCF again.

7. Papa John's Bowl- The only reason this makes the list is we won our first bowl game. Other than that the city and game sucked. But it was worth the trip to watch Pat run off the field with the trophy in hand.

6. Stan Health hiring and Robert McCullum firing.... Showed that USF means business, It was the best possible hire we could have made.

5. USF-Georgetown 2006 Basketball. First Big East win. Was great to watch the seniors walk off the Court with a win.

4. Car Care Bowl- First ever Bowl game. The city of Charlotte was amazing. Buls fans were welcomed. The Pep rally was awesome. I will never forget that goal line D when we stoped them. or the Brandon Baker pass.

3. USF-WVU 2006..... what more do I have to say.

2. USF- Louisville 2005- best sporting event I have ever been to. I still watch highlights to this day.

1. The day that it was announced that USF will be joining the Big East Conference. I grew up a big UM fan, when we joined the Big East I knew it was all about USF. I still am a causal UM fan. This was in my opinion the Biggest day in USF Athletics history

now I have only been here since 04

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,341
  • Days Won:  490

Good post, I love reading these...I'll come up with my list shortly, but being an old-timer, I have some older memories that might make Tony Grier misty!   ;)

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  56
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks Bulliever--Hope I don't steal some of your thunder---

Sun Dome dedication game-1980

First Basketball NCAA bid-1990

Second NCAA Basketball bid-1992

Curtis Kitchen-First Bull to play in NBA

Charlie Bradley Leading the nation in scoring-1983

Football first Game-1997

Frank Sinatra plays a sold out Sun Dome-1984

Hiring Lee Roy Selmon-1993

Honorable Mention: Roy Wegerle & Nigel Clark (USF soccer)

Wanda Guyton-WNBA (First Pro Lady Bull)

Baseball-Scott Hemond (late 80's)

Mutt's Bull Headgear!!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

lol @ mutt

Guest 1Bullsfan

That was an awesome thread....here's some that I will add to the list. Some might get a chuckle... and these are in no particular order:

Being at the FIRST EVER game...poor Kentucky Wesleyan had no chance!

Seeing the softball team beat Univ. of Michigan during the week...skipped class for the first game.

Men's basketball...jumping up and down for every home game in front row behind the backboard and holding up posters with girls wearning almost nothing to distract the other team...along with chanting nicknames for our guys...i.e. Colonel Sam Sanders.

Women's basketball...my first USF sporting event. My oldest sister came here, and her sorority took me to the bball game against VCU....we won despite them having an "amazon" woman that was 6'11.

That's all for now.  :)

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,341
  • Days Won:  490

Here are mine...too hard to sort into order:

#s 11-2 (in no particular order):

• Experiencing first-ever USF Bowl Game in 2005

• Announcement of USF entering the Big East conference

• Beating Pitt at Pitt in 2001 with Marquel- stunning the crowd and MB wins USAToday player of the week.

• Beating Michael Redd and Ohio State in the Dome on my wedding night 11-23-96

• Beating Florida in the Dome 73-58 in '95

• Winning Back to Back Florida Four titles in Basketball (81-82 and 82-83)

• Meeting and introducing my son to Chucky Atkins at the USF Roundball Reunion (2000?)

• Flipping and Beating Southern Miss 16-13 in football at RJS in '02

• The announcement that Lee Rose would be coming to USF in '81

• The at large bid to the NCAAs in '92

#1:  September 6, 1997 Inaugural Football Game Kickoff

• Content Count:  1,911

I would say of my top 11 moments at usf maybe 1 would have to do with usf athletics.  Attending the first football game in usf history was pretty cool.  Besides that i would say the other ten best moments would come from dorms, classes, people, parties and the overall university experience that usf has to offer.

with a well deserved honorable mention to 83's #6 (huge)  - hermie m.

• Content Count:  866

I need 15, I've been at this awhile.  

15.  2007 Big East Baseball Championship.  I’m really having fun up here, and this has great potential to move up the list.  But I’m superstitious regarding baseball, so I'll stop talking here.  

14.  2003 C-USA Men's Basketball Tournament.  The basketball was great, but the bars in Louisville were even better.  Great times.

13.  2005 Meineke Car Care Bowl.  Our fans owning that pep rally the night before was pretty awesome, even if our offense wasn't the following day.  

12. 2002 USF vs. Tulane men's basketball.  We drove up the night before from Tampa, hit Bourbon Street, took cabs to the game... and walked out on the floor of Fogelman Arena rather intoxicated to the delight of our team.  And we won the game!

11. 2003 Charlotte vs. USF women’s basketball.  Charlotte was 9-1 in C-USA, and we we’re 1-9.  We won by just 10, but the game wasn’t anywhere near close.  Seriously, I think maybe there were 40 of us in the stands.  One of those “you had to be there†moments.  No one saw it coming.

10.  2002 NCAA Volleyball Regionals vs. FSU and UF.  We played about as close to perfect that weekend as any team could, and the loss to the Gators in Round 2 doesn’t happen on a neutral floor.  Of all the teams in all sports I’ve seen at USF, that was the one that had more fun while they played than any other.  31-4 will do that.  

9.  USF vs. UAB men's basketball, 2002.  63 fouls called in a double overtime game we lose, but Jewbull starting a fight with Murry Bartow in the parking lot over the type of car he was driving, and Murry responding like an absolute jackass is still the funniest coach/fan exchange in the history of Division I.  The first of our student bus trips as well, which has been a great tradition we’ve kept going.  

8.  2002 C-USA Men's Basketball Tournament  vs. UAB and Cincinnati.  Fourteen of us, in Cincinnati, show up in orange jumpsuits and handcuffs in front of 13,000 UC fans.  Sure we lost, but we got our point across.  

7.  Louisville vs. USF football, 2005.  As soon as we ran back the second half kickoff, Ray Jay just became a party zone.  A nice way to introduce yourself to the Big East, and we basically played a perfect game.  

6.  USF vs. USC, women's basketball, 2006.  I finally got to see USF in an NCAA basketball tournament!  Great team, great time in Virginia, and if the refs don't blow a block/charge call on Jessica Dickson in the last minute, we probably win the game.  

5.  The buildup to the UF vs. USF men's basketball game, Dec. 8, 2001.  The party the night before at Greenbergopolis, despite the rain, was still the best party ever thrown at USF.  At halftime of that game, I hadn't slept in over two days.... but was sitting in the front row of a tie game on national tv against the hated Gators, and really thought we were going to get it done.  David Lee and Matt Bonner killed Cinderella, however.  

4.  2006 Duel in the Desert Men's Basketball.  Three USF basketball games, and my 30th Birthday in Vegas.  No further explanation needed.  

3.  USF vs. West Virginia football, 2006.  I was there.  Holy freaking crap.

2.  2005 C-USA Men's Basketball Tournament vs. Cincinnati.  I was there.  God that felt good, and it ended up being Huggins last conference game at UC.  Terrence Leather was completely unstoppable that night.  The final of UL vs. Memphis was still the most dramatic basketball game I've ever seen in person.  

1.  The day I unofficially found out we’re going to the Big East.  I was at work and was given a heads up, but couldn’t tell anybody.  Might have actually shed a tear.  I knew there was no turning back now, and we’d eventually one of the best in America.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Wow...nice points...you've been to a LOT!

• Content Count:  3,103

In no particular order #'s 11-2:

-Watching USF take on Miami in the Orange Bowl

-Watching us beat UL in Overtime in 2003 i believe

-Watching us beat Cincy in Overtime in 2003 for homecoming

-The tailgate overnight for the USF vs UF game in 2001-2002 season, we got asked by a person in the band Nickelback for some ice, pretty fun night with a slip n'slide and even got to hear Nickelback's concert for free

-Tailgate overnight for the UC game in 2001-2002 for basketball, not as good as the UF one, but still a lot of fun

-The first half of the USF vs UF basketball game in 2001-2002 season, I nearly jumped over the railing when Big Will dunked the ball to tie it going into halftime.

-Our first Bowl game and owning the tailgate

-Our first Bowl game and getting to meet the best bartender in Pablo

-Our second Bowl game, city sucked, but at least we won

-Traveling to UF to see our basketball team play and almost getting in a fight with some UF fan who decided to hit one of the girls with us, and having to hold Jewbull back.

#1) The road trip to UAB in 2002, first bus trip ever taken, and I started a "I am Jewish" chant that all the USF fans did after some UAB fan said "You all need some Jesus in you."

Archived