USF recruit headed to Pearl River

BULLfreak

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,493
  • Days Won:  1

There is a risk because coming out of community college reopens the recruiting process. Luckily, many BCS schools limit or don't take JuCo recruits, USF isn't really against the idea.

if he didnt have the grades and went to JuCo but we didnt recruit him, why would he come here after having a succesful JuCo career and get courted by other schools. it opens the process again but now Davis is gonna be like"USF didnt crap on me when I couldnt pass the tests and they even helped me get to Pearl River, I think I'll go back to Tampa" OR we dont recruit him and its like "USF...hmmm didnt they pull their offer because I was a non-qualifying risk...thanks but no thanks"

and almost all BCS schools recruit JuCo players...look at the rosters

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

It would obviously preferable to sign 25 kids a year that will all qualify.  However, in today's football environment, that doesn't always happen.  That is why 31 of the top 100 ranked recruiting teams signed over 25 recruits in the 2007 signing period.

USF has always targeted some quality players that the coaches know will not qualify.  Since relationship is such a big part of the recruiting process, it is wise for our program to show faith in these players.  Otherwise, it would be difficult to recruit them out of their JC.

The dangerous part of recruiting players with the intent of having them go the JC route is when you become reliant upon their return.  I don't see where that has become an issue at USF, so I'm not overly concerned by this development.

Try to keep things in perspective folks...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,269
  • Days Won:  29

The dangerous part of recruiting players with the intent of having them go the JC route is when you become reliant upon their return.  I don't see where that has become an issue at USF, so I'm not overly concerned by this development.

Try to keep things in perspective folks...

Excellent point Mike and what I was referring to a "IF" in my post.

When/If Davis comes to USF, it may be for an immediate impact or probable depth.

:GoBulls

Bottom Line, we didn't waste a scholly. If it wasn't for the non-qualifiers from last year's class, we wouldn't of had Ranolph and others.

• Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

i still dont understand how someone cannot qualify academically.... how hard is it?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,269
  • Days Won:  29

It's not hard, it's just priorities and desire.

Archived