USF recruit headed to Pearl River

BULLfreak

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

I do like the Easy Bake Oven reference though. Maybe you can pull off a Colorforms parallel, since they sometimes come out bigger than they went in. Am I dating myself here?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

No risk.

• Content Count:  4,016

Wasn't meant as a crack, just a statement of fact. USF and Pearl River have a good relationship for both parties. Only reason I said "since I've been on the beat" is that I figured USF got somebody from Pearl River back in 1997 who played for the Bulls, and I know you guys would know that and catch that. That's all.

Kevin Williams really hasn't been an option for this class since January, when he went out to San Francisco. He could be a part of next year's class.

I realize but if we're dealing just with 'facts' then we all should know that Pearl River is a Junior College, and all we've done is send a number of kids that didn't qualify (most who we expected not to qualify from the beginning) to Pearl River to attend the JC because they do not have the same entrance requirements.  PRJC has accepted our kids with open arms, and many have been receptive to returning to USF.

That's a factual statement, and all USF could ask of a JC program they're trying to establish a relationship with...get'em, educate'em, coach'em, and try and send'em back....so far PRJC has done 1-3 pretty **** well, and fourth is getting better too.  The rest is entirely up to the player he's the variable no one has any control over.

I do like the Easy Bake Oven reference though. Maybe you can pull off a Colorforms parallel, since they sometimes come out bigger than they went in. Am I dating myself here?

Thanks, you know it isn't as easy as it looks.  studs in HS sometimes go to JC and never succeed, and you see guys like Freeman make it there as a pretty decent, large athlete and come out as one of the more sought after receivers...never know, if they were all as easy as the Easy Bake Ovens then this would be homogenous and like watching the NFL, no fun to anyone...just the betting population.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Really Joe?  What schools do this, please name them because even Vandy has taken an occasional JC.  The only school I know that is BCS that strictly forbid's JC transfers is ND.

Bien, I respect your opinions, but please call me out more and make sure you spin it so you look like a genius and I like like a dumbass! My statement was many schools LIMIT or don't take JUCOs. There is a reason why the word LIMIT comes first.

Anyways Football wise: Northwestern, Boston College, and Stanford have all had similar provisions to Notre Dame. Not sure if they are still entact.

Penn State did not allow a JUCO transfer until 2 years ago when severe depth and expirience issues allowed an OT to transfer in. Since then he has allowed more but limit it. Several BCS schools limit or don't even bother. A team like Tennessee has used it to their advantage though.

I know you know that the big boys rarely spend too much time or effort on a JUCO recruitment unless it's a position that needs to be addressed immediatly because they can pull in an area of similar talent and have them for all four years. Are there exceptions? Yes. Guys like Reggie Nelson that are absolute studs and do get a look from several major schools, but it is rare.

This is the 2nd time you've done this to me this week. I ask that you please take the sentence as a whole instead of construing it so you can take a shot at me.

• Content Count:  937

Soo question... what is the minimum test scores for qualifications??? and come on are they that hard??? maybe these guys should curl books

• Content Count:  12,293

this guy is a good player too.  he would of been one of the few guys not to take a redshirt i bet.

Really Joe?  What schools do this, please name them because even Vandy has taken an occasional JC.  The only school I know that is BCS that strictly forbid's JC transfers is ND.

Bien, I respect your opinions, but please call me out more and make sure you spin it so you look like a genius and I like like a dumbass! My statement was many schools LIMIT or don't take JUCOs. There is a reason why the word LIMIT comes first.

Anyways Football wise: Northwestern, Boston College, and Stanford have all had similar provisions to Notre Dame. Not sure if they are still entact.

Penn State did not allow a JUCO transfer until 2 years ago when severe depth and expirience issues allowed an OT to transfer in. Since then he has allowed more but limit it. Several BCS schools limit or don't even bother. A team like Tennessee has used it to their advantage though.

I know you know that the big boys rarely spend too much time or effort on a JUCO recruitment unless it's a position that needs to be addressed immediatly because they can pull in an area of similar talent and have them for all four years. Are there exceptions? Yes. Guys like Reggie Nelson that are absolute studs and do get a look from several major schools, but it is rare.

This is the 2nd time you've done this to me this week. I ask that you please take the sentence as a whole instead of construing it so you can take a shot at me.

Well Joe your the one that came up with this know it all qualifying statement you said "many BCS schools limit" that's not true all the SEC is fine, B12, BE, Pac10.  There are very, very few BCS programs that do not take JC's or limit the number who graduate in good standing.   ND has a provision but all the other schools you mentioned have granted waivers for JC transfers.

I am just saying....

• Content Count:  4,503

There is a risk because coming out of community college reopens the recruiting process. Luckily, many BCS schools limit or don't take JuCo recruits, USF isn't really against the idea.

This year alone will bring back Carlton Hill, and Spires from there. As you've pointed out we've got Marshall, Stirrups, Davis, and Frazier all there, and I'd say probably a 75% chance at least half of those guys make it back to USF.     

aahhh,  ummmm,  welllll -  ahh never mind - I think Yogi Berra already said this.   :)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,269
  • Days Won:  29

I didn't expect Davis to make an impact let alone play in 2007. Would have expected him to RS ... we'll never know.

But it's a strong chance he will be a BULL in 2 years ... IF NEEDED.

Archived