Annual Rivalry-USF/UM

Mama_Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,566
  • Days Won:  10

This is what we need to propell us to the top.  Now, UF and FSU will have to think we are not just an uguly step child anymore.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

So in 2008 we end playing UCF

2009 Miami at home

2010 at Miami -pending

2011 Miami- pending

2012 at Miami

2013 Miami

Sounds good to me.

Go Bulls!!!!!

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

If a USF/UM annual game comes to pass, consider that in 2010 we would have to play both UF and UM away.  I don't believe Leavitt will want that. The probability would be that the UF game for 2010 would have to be moved to a year when USF plays UM at home.  

I give Kudos to UM, they are willing to play us home and away, whereas UF refuses to leave to Swamp.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,630
  • Days Won:  10

The growth of this program is precedent-setting.  It is truly great to be a Bull!

• Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

I love when I log on and there is some wonderful unexpected news like this amidst of all the off season blah.

This reminds of when I logged on one day and there was this story about some RB named Mike Ford that wanted to come here.

Now I'll have an excuse to come down here for thanksgiving after I move back to Seattle. Plus this should get my friends back home interested in the Bulls since no one likes Miami there...UW fans still bitter from the early 90's. Seattle watch parties for my Bulls? I love it!!!

Does this make us the Big 4 yet or do we still have to beat one of these MoFo's?

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

I'm one of the people that like the UCF series, but if we end up playing scUM, then that series goes by the wayside.  Nice knowing you Knights..........

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

A regular series with UM over the Thanksgiving holiday would give us a lot of credibility toward being considered as one of the "Big 4" of Florida.  We need to do our part by continuing to win.  Especially big games.  This would be an enormous development for us on the national scene I believe.

• Content Count:  385

I'm one of the people that like the UCF series, but if we end up playing scUM, then that series goes by the wayside.  Nice knowing you Knights..........

You are right Joe, the UCF series is fine with me, but i I had to choose between UCF and UM as a series, than I would pik UM every time.  I just look at it like this...if we beat UCF, than big deal we were supposed to and if we lose to UCF we have that mar of getting beat by a nonBCS team on our schedule.  If we beat UM, it's a pretty big deal, but if we lose than at least we still have our credibility.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

[move]This is FREAKING AWESOME!!![/move]

If this does come to fruition... *KNOCK ON WOOD* ... it would give USF more credibility.  

Have to see how the UM people feel...

http://www.miami-hurricanes.com/forum/tm.asp?m=299565&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

In JimUSF's thread on the Miami board, some Canes like it...others don't.

I think just like with any series...regardless what some fans think about it originally, over time, most will probably enjoy a "road-game" series within the state of FLA.

• Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

I would say right now most UM fans will not be jumping for joys at the news because they see it the same way many of our fans see playing UCF. Nothing to gain by winning, lots to lose by losing. Until USF wins vs big names and beats the canes we will not get their attention. But ill say that in that 5 game series starting in 2009, USF will win more than once and that will get the juices flowing in both sides.

Archived