Jenn Sterger (sorta) slams USF

NAM37

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

What a great time to be a BULLS FAN!

A discussion about someone's opinion of a school from six years ago!

Amazing, some people would ***** about not scoring enough in our first undefeated season, or how the basketball team didn't win the conference tournament even though we won the season title.

Get over it!

GO BULLS!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  563
  • Days Won:  0

Oh my gosh you guys, lay off.  This is someone who has brought a lot of positive press to our university.  FIrst of all, her parents are big donors as well as loyal season ticket holders. She went to USF 6 years ago.  Im sorry, it was a HEAVY commuter school then.  Football was not so great, greek life was not huge and lets face it, a lot of the bars/club nights were not around.  I thought a lot of these qualities were lacking my freshman year and that was only 4 years ago.  She does not live too far from campus and I am sure that a huge amount of her high school went to USF.  I had almost a third of my graduating class from an hour away in Clearwater go to USF and it was hard to find my own niche, but I did.  Her parents are very supportive and are wonderful people.  She has also given me the opportunities to bring more positive press to USF and I am the first Cowgirl not from Tally.  (Note the Avatar)  Tally is not my favorite, but BELIEVE me, they are ALOT better/nicer/everything than the Gators a little north.  I don't find FSU threatening in any way and I even made some friends last year when they came to the Forum by making a deal with their fans to cheer for us and we'd cheer for them.  (FSU fans make some good Bulls fans!!)   I know that I cannot change every haters minds, but I hope this board doesnt become another close minded place for people to bash.  In working with the Cowgirls, I myself have come across a lot of this same attitude, though not near as much as Jenn, and it sucks because people would never know how much I know about sports and how much I love USF.  Would you say these things about me?  BEcause you might as well be...   I know she could have written it in a different manner, but not everyone is going to have a perfect experience at our school.  Take off your green and gold goggles and stop judging.  She supports USF and has a large audience with SI.com.  SHe is also responsible for USF having several photos of the day and Cheerleader of the week.  Not even FSU has had two cheerleaders of the week represented.  Cmon Bulls, dont be like everyone else.  Accept the slight criticism and work to change it instead of ******** about it.   Jenn Sterger is our friend....

-Gurly     :-[

Goooooooooo BUUUULLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSS!!!!!O Im sorry was  tht the wrong  time?

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

and JOEB, its not just about a record, its about an experience.  An air of excitement that we just dont have yet for the average student.  How many students was it that have never even been to a game?  The big 3 are pushed onto Floridas kids from the time they are young and their is an excitement their.  It will not always be this way, but I do miss that when I go to other games.  Our attendance does not reflect our advancements in the sport....

-Gurly

I know, I know.  I was just pointing out our record versus FSU's record.  I was kidding when I said she picked the wrong school.  Actually I'm all for kids moving away from home for college.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

What a great time to be a BULLS FAN!

A discussion about someone's opinion of a school from six years ago!

Amazing, some people would ***** about not scoring enough in our first undefeated season, or how the basketball team didn't win the conference tournament even though we won the season title.

Get over it!

GO BULLS!

Honestly, i can't wait until we have those problems!!!!!  Bring em on!!!!

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Who cares??

I know some of you guys are obsessed with her, but let's remember fellas...

this is coming from a girl who is famous for nothing more than her big, fake boobs.

She can say anything she wants to about USF and it won't bother me a bit.

^ I stand by this. ^

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I don't see it as a knock on USF at all.  Of course when you are living at home and only go to the campus for classes it is going to seem like a HS.  Probably even more isolated because you don't go to class from 8:00 to 2:00.  It's always a different experience when you live on campus and the school becomes your home.  Living on Campus gives you a completely different set of experiences.

Quite honestly, I have never heard of anyone planning trips to Tallahasse for the nightlife or vacations as the do to the Bay area.  

Going to college is more than just about attending classes

• Content Count:  201

I don't understand why something like this can't be discussed. Most of the people on this thread have not bashed Jenn Sterger. Reread MOST of the posts.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Sterger's attention (and Grothe's play) gave us more nat'l publicity last year than we've ever had.

Oooh, she called us a commuter school.  Big deal!  When I went there, that's what it was.  It's changing, but it takes time.

Lay off her, geez.

• Content Count:  701

She was a freshman 6 years ago.......  Its not the same school as today.

-Gurly

i gotta agree.. i was also a freshman in 2001 and the school was a lot different.  my love for USF grew each year with improvements on the campus and in athletics.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,319
  • Days Won:  11

I think this forum's title should be changed by its author, if that is possible.

Jenn Sterger and her family have been strong supporters of our university. Unfair judgement is something I'm sure Jenn encounters wherever she goes; she doesn't need it from one of the places she supports and from the folks she identifies with. Jenn went to high school here and she and I knew a lot of the same people because we grew up in the same small area. She's one of us, and she's thrown a lot of good publicity to USF without asking anything in return.

I would ask that the BullsPen community stop behaving like the heathen fan bases at other universities. We've never been that way, and it's annoying to see how arrogant and volatile we've gotten after just a few decent seasons of football.

Archived