Jenn Sterger (sorta) slams USF

NAM37

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

Calm down fellahs. No need to get all bent out of shape on this one. While I can see how that is a bit of a slight, it is certainly not worthy of the sentiments being expressed. Being a laid back guy, I think I can appreciate some of the off the cuff remarks on the board once in a while. However, some of the stuff you guys are saying goes a bit too far to the point of personal attacks. Keep in mind that she has consistently been a friend of the program, and has used her connections to do  more to boost our national image than alot of us webboard junkies who "post a mean game". The fact that she may very well be reading some of these posts regarding her personal appearance makes me feel a little ashamed and embarrassed.

Let's stop being so hypersensitive and try to show a bit more class....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  662

Hey...In the past, I kinda questioned her motives for doing what she does, and I'll admitt it, I prejudged her, which I admitted to doing. And although I've never met her before, she seems to be a sweet girl who really has done nothing BUT give some positive press to our athletic program. I don't see this as a slam and I'm surprised this is just NOW coming up since I recall reading this article waaayyyy back. I don't think she meant it with any ill intention, although I do remember seeing her mention that the people in Tampa felt that USF meant "U Stay Forever." That did rub me a bit the wrong way, but....I don't think that comment was made with malice either.  I think it's all been misconstrued. I mean, she probably went to more USF games this year than she did her own school!!! So I really don't think people should be reading too far into a statement like that.  Point blank...her actions reflect her loyalty to USF.

• Content Count:  2,580
  • Days Won:  1

She has brought positive pub to USF.  How much pub is debatable, but I don't think we are at a point where we can be too picky about positive national publicity and where it comes from, just be happy we're getting it.  I don't think we should be biting any hands that feed us, no matter how small they are (the hands, that is).  

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

when you look like that who cares what she says!!!! 8-)

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,314
  • Days Won:  490

I came across this article last night about midnight Arizona time, saw that comment and decided to leave the story alone.   I know Jenn has her supporters here (and many that would like to support her with both hands) but I decided the lame crack on USF was drowned out by her gushing over FSU.  Let the girl have her fun, she can't help that she's not a real Bull.  I wouldb't expect any other FSU student/graduate to be any different.  For goodness sakes we have USF students that say worse things about USF.

• Content Count:  201

Heck, at least she's not Ryan Hamilton!! ;-)

She's definitely more qualified and has actually seen our campus.

• Content Count:  2,307

I don't see anything that wrong with what she said, but I'm tired of this commuter school thing.  Since I've been at USF I haven't heard much from students about it being a commuter school.

Not only that, but USF's dorms are all at full capacity.  There's a wait list.  How's that commuter?  I don't consider myself a commuter, I live 5 min from USF.  I think commuter would be someone that is driving over 30 min a day each way or more.  Many if not most USF students live on campus or around it.

• Content Count:  996

She was a freshman 6 years ago.......  Its not the same school as today.

-Gurly

• Content Count:  2,307

Oh, and like someone else said...moving out from home is a HUGE change.  I moved out of my house my sophomore year just to get the feeling and the experience, then moved back.

I completely see what Jenn means, it is very high school for some people.  Same people hanging out with the same people and not growing up.  My freshman year I said that I would transfer to FSU because my freshman year was boring, going to USF for classes and then leaving.  Then I moved on campus, met people, became REALLY involved, had fun, and changed my mind because USF was AWESOME.  Moving away from home and getting a different view is very important.

Archived