Jenn Sterger (sorta) slams USF

NAM37

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

I would imagine if you lived at her parents house in Tallahassee and drove to campus at FSU her experience would have been pretty marginal as well.  Living off campus sucks when you are a college student.  News flash to students yet to enter college:   LIVE ON CAMPUS!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,580
  • Days Won:  1

Was this college experience of her's at USF pre-rack enhancement?  I think that is pertinent information to the story.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,675
  • Days Won:  13

She has brought alot of good press to USF. I dont understand why she gets slammed so much on this board. I dont see how this is slam.

• Content Count:  1,757

Wow, to go from the best research university in the state to the greater clown college of Tallahassee must have been a great "trade up".  

Of course is sucked here living with opressive parents.  I guess getting the fake boobs wasn't rebellious enough for her, she needed to move 300+ miles away too.

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

After reading her article one thing struck me as funny.  She mentions the great games she witnessed at FSU.  In her two years at FSU, her 'Noles went 9-5 in home games.  During those same two years, USF went 9-2.  I think our two losses at home were both to ranked teams (Rutgers '06, WVU '05).  Looks like she picked the wrong school.  Here are the classic games she saw at the Doak:

Miami-  Win  

The Citadel-  Win

Syracuse-  Win

Wake- Win

Maryland-  Win

NC State-  Loss

Troy-  Win

Clemson-  Loss

Rice-  Win

BC-  Loss

Virginia-  Win

Wake-  Loss

Western Michigan-  Win

Florida-  Loss

Tough to say what the best win was during those years at home.  By name its Miami, but they weren't even that good in '05.  I'll go with Wake that same year.  Last year was a total disaster, losing to rivals Clemson and Florida, and barely beating the likes of Western Michigan and Troy.

I don't see this as a slam... and I'm not sure why anyone would be offended at this opinion.

If she grew up in Tallahassee and went to FSU first, it would be similar... you really don't get the full college experience unless you move away to college.  Living at home and going to school with the a lot of the same people you saw in high school won't have the same feeling as moving to a new town and meeting a bunch of new people.

Not to mention that when you move to a new town, you are forced to find new things to do ... rather than stick to your traditional hangouts and activities.

Consider she says: "But the living at home, driving to class and lack of social life left me with this empty feeling."... Who wouldn't have an empty feeling under those circumstances??

I am sure there are a lot of people, both at USF and who graduated or transferred who feel the same way about their experiences.  At the same time, there are a lot of other people who feel differently about USF.

I came to USF from upstate NY.  A lot of kids from my high school went to SUNY Geneseo... if I had gone there, I'd probably have felt the same way Jenn does about her USF experience.

Cut her a little slack, guys... and anyone else who feels the same way.  

• Content Count:  996

Oh my gosh you guys, lay off.  This is someone who has brought a lot of positive press to our university.  FIrst of all, her parents are big donors as well as loyal season ticket holders. She went to USF 6 years ago.  Im sorry, it was a HEAVY commuter school then.  Football was not so great, greek life was not huge and lets face it, a lot of the bars/club nights were not around.  I thought a lot of these qualities were lacking my freshman year and that was only 4 years ago.  She does not live too far from campus and I am sure that a huge amount of her high school went to USF.  I had almost a third of my graduating class from an hour away in Clearwater go to USF and it was hard to find my own niche, but I did.  Her parents are very supportive and are wonderful people.  She has also given me the opportunities to bring more positive press to USF and I am the first Cowgirl not from Tally.  (Note the Avatar)  Tally is not my favorite, but BELIEVE me, they are ALOT better/nicer/everything than the Gators a little north.  I don't find FSU threatening in any way and I even made some friends last year when they came to the Forum by making a deal with their fans to cheer for us and we'd cheer for them.  (FSU fans make some good Bulls fans!!)   I know that I cannot change every haters minds, but I hope this board doesnt become another close minded place for people to bash.  In working with the Cowgirls, I myself have come across a lot of this same attitude, though not near as much as Jenn, and it sucks because people would never know how much I know about sports and how much I love USF.  Would you say these things about me?  BEcause you might as well be...   I know she could have written it in a different manner, but not everyone is going to have a perfect experience at our school.  Take off your green and gold goggles and stop judging.  She supports USF and has a large audience with SI.com.  SHe is also responsible for USF having several photos of the day and Cheerleader of the week.  Not even FSU has had two cheerleaders of the week represented.  Cmon Bulls, dont be like everyone else.  Accept the slight criticism and work to change it instead of ******** about it.   Jenn Sterger is our friend....

-Gurly     :-[

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

^^ What Gurly Said.

Please quit being so Bull sensative. Could you imagine what FSU or UF would be like if their fans cried everytime someone said something borderline negative about their Universities?

We know what USF is and what it will be, she's giving her honest opinion. One that I know is reflected by more people than just her.

• Content Count:  996

and JOEB, its not just about a record, its about an experience.  An air of excitement that we just dont have yet for the average student.  How many students was it that have never even been to a game?  The big 3 are pushed onto Floridas kids from the time they are young and their is an excitement their.  It will not always be this way, but I do miss that when I go to other games.  Our attendance does not reflect our advancements in the sport....

-Gurly

• Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Off with her Boobs!

Archived