Sweet Rendering(s) of the Sun Dome and others

USFan

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98,314
  • Days Won:  490

As far as a ticket exchange... keep your eyes peeled Bull94, might have something for you in the near future  ;)  

I know there aren't a lot of Ticketmaster fans, but since USF does use Ticketmaster for single seats, etc. they should look at the TicketMaster "TicketExchange" module that the Phoenix Suns use.  I've heard it works well to exchange among fans.  I don't know a lot about it,  but it's talked about on the radio alot.  Something you might look into if the TicketMaster Rep hasn't already brought it to your attention...

http://teamexchange.ticketmaster.com/html/eventlist.htmI?l=EN&team=suns

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

How about just using green and gold and our logo.  Who needs a gimmick, especially one that doesn't even go with anything.  Nothing on campus resembles a roman building so why start now.  We have a bunch of new nice buildings on campus.  Just updating the look to be part of the 21st century is enough.

Actually, since modern Tampa was first populated by Italian and Cuban immigrants, Roman columns or Spanish design would not be inappropriate.

How is Roman architecture a gimmick?  The Roman Coliseum, even in its current state, looks pretty impressive.

350px-Colosseum_in_Rome%2C_Italy_-_April_2007.jpg

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

sah-weet!

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

you wouldn't think of a building at USF designed like the Colliseum as a gimmick?

what at USF would make someone think that belongs on our campus?  Our logo is a Bull, all buildings on campus are either 70/80's looking tan brick, or nice contemporary looking buildings like the athletic facility.

Building an arena that looks like a clone of a historical building of any nature (much more so for one that has no connection to USF) is a gimmick, much like Las Vegas has done with all the hotels with a "theme".  Just build a nice stadium, and fix up the sun dome and make it look nicer.  I'm sure that is a cheaper alternative too.

Archived